Small Brussels vegetarian restaurant in the back of a health food store. Shop open Mon-Sat 12.00-7.00, closed Sun. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Belgium
109, rue de Livourne (near Avenue Louise)
Brussels, Belgium

Marie Neren
Marie Neren

TOP!

Posted on 10 / 09 / 2014

Those guys are just the best! I'm in heaven when I enter here. Their offer is just yummy! And they do understand vegans. It feels nice to be understood for once in a Brussels restaurant. Mostly I just feel like the annoying one at the table, trying to specify my vegan diet. Unfortunately, Brussels is overall quite ignorant and not cooperative in this field... In La Tsampa I know I will have super comfortable evening with a plate full of Mother Earth Love.

pixi42
pixi42

Very Innovative

Posted on 08 / 02 / 2013

Very fresh and innovative meals.
Always good.

Pros: Taste Of Food, Innovative, Fresh
Cons: Not Much Choice, Do Not Cook Enough For The Demand
Cam
Cam

Lunch Spot

Posted on 01 / 06 / 2013

La Tsampa is a nice, cozy, neighborhood restaurant. It is doing traiteur service and take away. They have a dish of the day that changes everyday and you can look it up on their website. I usually take it but it isn't always satisfiying. The quality is always there but I had once too little for the price. But, no mistake, it's mainly really good, that's why I was desappointed. You can also try their set menu.

Aya
Aya

Nice cozy restaurant

Posted on 03 / 25 / 2012

I ate here just once and it was a nice experience. However, vegan dishes were not marked on the menu, so we had to ask the waiter (I hate doing this, as I believe vegan restaurants should mark the dishes that are vegan) about vegan options.

Pros: Cozy, Nice interior
Cons: Quite expensive.., Vegan dishes were not marked
par
par

Great vegan options!

Posted on 04 / 04 / 2011

I am vegan and my husband eats meat. Having read the previous reviews we almost passed on La Tsampa. But it was close to our hotel so we decided to try it. We are so glad we did!

The experience impressed me so much that I signed up for Happy Cow just so I could write a review so that other vegans will know that, contrary to the previous reviews, there are good vegan options here! Perhaps the restaurant has changed? Perhaps we got a more knowledgeable waitress? Not sure why the discrepancy, but this place is worth trying!

We don't speak French and they don't have an English menu. No problem - the waitress would translate. I told her I was vegan and she knew exactly what I could and could not eat. She offered to veganize whatever was possible, and made suggestions.

I ordered the set menu with a soup/salad option. For 13 euros I got a bowl of butternut squash soup and a plate of tofu curry with brown rice, cauliflower and green bean sides. More than enough food for dinner! The curry could have perhaps been a little more spicy, but I am sure if I would have asked they could have turned up the heat. Vegetables were cooked fine - al dente on the beans.
Lots of other options besides the set menu, and as I said, the waitress offered to customize for me being vegan :-)

My husband was happy with the set menu as well. He chose a greek salad to start - very large for a starter salad and had feta for him. Since he is not vegan his vegetables came with a raita sauce. He also chose basmati rice instead of brown.

I felt very comfortable there. Clean environment, knowledgeable staff, good food. We will be back before we leave town!

Pros: Customized for Vegan options, clean environment, helpful staff
Cons: Closes a little early at 7:30 PM
cupcakes
cupcakes

Nothing for Vegans...

Posted on 09 / 13 / 2008

When I came here there were no vegan options and the waitress didn't seem to understand what the word meant (she offered me something with a little egg in it) so i left empty handed.

condekedar
condekedar

Decent, but expensive

Posted on 11 / 30 / 2007

La Tsampa is a cute little place located at the back of a health store. Service was friendly, though I'm not sure my waitress understood the word vegan. My Indian curry dish was tasty, but extremely small in size, and maybe added up to ten bites of food, not including the boiled carrots and green beans on the side. It was tasty, but super-expensive at 12 euros (US$17). Vegan and vegetarian options are limited in Brussels, so this is one of the best you'll get.

Pros: Taste, Decor
Cons: Expensive, Small portions
earlgrey
earlgrey

Nice place

Posted on 08 / 29 / 2007

I went there for lunch with my husband on our holiday in May.
I thought seasoning was a bit salty but still I enjoyed a lot. Lots of different vegetables were used and they weren't overcooked so green vegs were still green.

Pros: ingredients, location
Cons: space

Dear Owner and Manager of La Tsampa: