Organic self-serve vegetarian buffet featuring salads, cooked greens, hummus, mixed rice dishes, tofu, pasta with sauces, soups, pappadums, bread, and more. Also has juices, teas, and dessert. Italian speaking. Peaceful environment. Lunch buffet Mon-Sat, dinner buffet Fri-Sat. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Italian, Mediterranean, Buffet, Organic

First Review by anile
Vaness
Vaness

Good surprise at Gagliari !

4 Posted on 07 / 10 / 2014

La Terra di Mezzo is a nice place to eat !

The food is all vegan and organic, simply but tastefully cooked.
You can choose to eat as much as you need in the large variety of dishes.

You can't go there everyday because the menu don't change very often and I felt it would have been nice to have more vegetables salads and a bit less "heavy food", but I'll definitly come back for the good food and the nice people.

Well done !

Pros: Good food, all vegan & organic, Friendly staff, Great value for money
antonio1
antonio1

Excellent vegan lunch in Cagliari

5 Posted on 07 / 20 / 2013

I visited 'La Terra di Mezzo' in Cagliari one time, during an holiday in Sardinia in July 2013. I had lunch and, as a vegan, found the buffet very good.
Everything was bio and vegan! This combination is not always easy to find. I could eat as much as i wanted and the price was very honest in my opinion, considering the quality of the food available. There were dishes with pasta, rice, hummus, various cooked vegetables, plus salad, and some desserts. I could choose from all these dishes and they were all bio, vegan, well cooked and tasted delicious.
There was bread and a variety of condiments available.
The ambience is relaxing and the people working there seem nice and friendly. During my 10 days holiday in Sardinia, this was the best place i have eaten. If I happen to be in Cagliari again I will definetly go back to this restaurant.

Pros: Bio, Vegan, Well cooked food
chrysty
chrysty

La Terra di Mezzo - Delicious vegan food

5 Posted on 05 / 21 / 2013

During our stay at Cagliari we visited La Terra di Mezzo several times and thoroughly enjoyed each visit. The food and service was brilliant and would recommend it to anyone-- I will definitely visit again next time we are in the town.

As a vegan I really found La Terra di Mezzo like finding an Oasis in a desert.

Pros: Delicious vegan food, relaxed & friendly atmosphere, centrally located
Cons: none

Aurelia
Aurelia

Friendly and Delicious!

5 Posted on 05 / 07 / 2013

A wonderful spot for vegans in the center of Cagliari. The all-you-can-eat buffet lunch is 100-percent vegan and 100-percent tasty. An interesting selection of dishes is constantly being replenished, so if you didn't get the piping hot tempura vegetables on the first round, you'll have another chance! On the two days I ate here, I grazed among roast seitan with artichokes; pasta with vegetables; homemade hummos and fresh bread with a magnificently chewy crust; tempura vegetables; Indian-spiced rice; fresh green salad with tomatoes and fennel; soup; cabbage salad; and curried potatoes with garbanzo beans.

Condiments--salt, olive oil, pepper, vinegar, etc.--sit on a little shelf to the right of the buffet. Drinks and dessert are extra.

The first day, my meal--a huge glass of wine, the lunch buffet, and a carafe of filtered water--cost €15; the next day, the same meal was just €10, thanks to the generosity of the nice guy running the place, who comped me my wine for no particular reason!

The place is very popular during lunch hours; by the time I left each day, the place was packed to the gills with tattooed guys, middle-aged office workers, and families with children. Wonderful ambience, service, and food.

Pros: Vegan!, Wine on the menu!, Friendly service, great food!
Cons: Some desserts contain eggs
Jimbo
Jimbo

LA TERRA DI MEZZO

5 Posted on 10 / 02 / 2012

Visited in September on two occasions, lunch and evening. The restaurant is now open Friday and Saturday evenings though only for a couple of hours. It was full on the night we went. Food is excellent, and beer/wine is also available though at extra cost. Lunch is 15 euros, dinner 18 euros (with soup)Highly recommended.

Pros: Excellent food, as much as you want, Friendly and helpful staff
Cons: Not open enough!
anile
anile

Great place for a lunch

5 Posted on 04 / 15 / 2010

The restaurant is centrally located and the interior is very pleasant (especially if you like Tolkien - the name of the restaurant means Middle Earth!). There is a buffet table with lots of options and you may eat as much as you like. The restaurant is vegetarian but on the day we visited all but one of the dishes were vegan. The food was excellent and the service very friendly. I recomend La Terra di Mezzo warmly!

Pros: great food, friendly staff, nice surrounding
Cons: not cheap (lunch with drink 15 euros), not open in the evening

Dear Owner and Manager of La Terra di Mezzo: