Offers salads, buckwheat risotto, moussaka, desserts, and beverages. Uses fresh produce. Costs is around 11-15 euro per person for a 3-course meal. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Spanish, Western
Calle Salvador Giner, 6, Barrio del Carmen
Valencia, Spain 46003

Open Tue-Sat 2-4pm, 9pm-12am, Sun 2-4pm.

First Review by Stevie
Jeremywhite
Jeremywhite

Excellent

5 Posted on 09 / 03 / 2014

Went 2 September 2014 with my partner. Great take on guacamole with nachos as starters - delicious. Moussaka and mushroom lasagne for our mains, we loved them. Didn't really have room for desserts but ate them anyway - carob tiramisu and cheesecake with red berries. Both lovely.

Pros: Food great, Nice venue, Good service
Cons: Slight error in our order
lizipfe
lizipfe

Fresh lovely food

4 Posted on 05 / 24 / 2014

Good quality vegan food! I was spoilt for choice and ended up picking a really amazing salad with mango which was presented so nicely that I didn't want to spoil it by eating it! The Paella was amazing so many flavours and the vegan apple cake topped the whole meal off! Also try the gaspacho it was the freshest I have tasted in Valencia!!

Swedesteve
Swedesteve

Good lunch!

3 Posted on 10 / 08 / 2013

Simple small dishes-croquetas being the tastiest..
Friendly staff to overcome language gaps.
BTW ..On the way from the restaurant I noticed the neighbouring regular restaurant had a board advertising 6/7 veggie tapas dishes which looked very tasty..next time!

Pros: outside shaded table , friendly staff
Cons: not cheap, charged for bread/sticks I didnt order

vegyogachick
vegyogachick

Very Good

4 Posted on 07 / 22 / 2013

Delicious food, great service and a nice little restaurant located just on the edge of old town Valencia. The beet hummus and apple and carrot croquetas were our favorites. Prices were decent and there was a good wine list to choose from.

TofuCelt
TofuCelt

Still nice...but going downhill

3 Posted on 04 / 27 / 2013

I first tried this restuarant several years ago and have been back several times since. I also submitted a review a few years ago and since have felt the need to update it, as this restaurant has since went downhill from what seems to be 'inside politics'. When I first tried this restuarant maybe 7 years ago, the then staff were extremely friendly (even though we couldn't understand one another) and the food proportions were generous. Unfortunately things went downhill for a while. The staff are less friendly, but still friendly enough. The food is still good, but the proportions are getting smaller with each new visit. But, however, the prices continue to rise. The delicious Ensalada de Algas (Seaweed Salad) used to be a big bowl, enough for two, but now it is barely big enough for one. However, at least it is not the usual boring Italian foods like pasta or pizza dishes so often offered to vegetarians elsewhere. Mousakka is my personal favourite main dish but usually takes a good wait. If you are the kind of person who doesn't need too much to fill up, then give it a go by itself. If, like me, you like your proportions 'man-size', then maybe try a few of the starters too or also have my other favourite, Ensalada de Algas. Try the organic wine. It's lovely.
Updated from previous review on Monday December 10, 2007
Updated from previous review on Thursday February 17, 2011

Pros: Seaweed Salad, Mousakka, Original foods
Cons: May be difficult to find., Slowly going downhill, Cramped
sbszine
sbszine

Good light meals

4 Posted on 03 / 05 / 2012

We tried this place in 2010, since it was near our hotel. It's a friendly little cafe restaurant in an alley with attractive murals. The food was pretty good but the portions were a little bit on the small side. It's one of those places where you'll want to order sides and dessert to get a decent feed.

The service was good and there was a nice wine list. Recommended, and I'd happily go back. One of the better vego places in Valencia.

Pros: Atmosphere, Food
Cons: Small portions
Sooz
Sooz

Tasty if a little pricey!

4 Posted on 08 / 16 / 2011

My husband and I ventured across Valencia to visit this establishment and it was well worth the arduous trip. On a Tuesday evening in August (closed on Sunday and Monday), we were immediately seated and handed a menu in English and Spanish. We opted to start with Hummus and pitta, which was smooth in texture and quite flavour-some. We also chose the Falafel with a Tzatzki dip, which were delicious, some of the best we've ever had. For our mains, we had the 'house speciality' of Mousakka, which really was divine and also the ravioli pasta with pesto, which was heavy on the pesto for me, but still delicious. We also ordered the Tabbouleh as an extra dish, which appeared to be experimental and unique, consisting of coconut cream, peach pieces and apple slices, which was not to our liking, unfortunately. For us, there was a lack of mint, parsley, tomoatoes etc, but that's just our idea of Tabbouleh!
We ordered 1 green tea but received 2, but didn't bother to complain as the service was overall very good, our waitress being helpful and friendly, despite the language barrier.
The decor is nothing to write home about, but the food and portions more than made up for this.
If and when we return to Valencia, we would probably re-visit, particularly for my husband to taste the seaweed salad, which others have mentioned on here.

Pros: Vegetarian and Vegan dishes, Friendly, helpful staff, Tasty food, well presented
Cons: The prices are a little steep, Quite difficult to locate the restaurant
gle
gle

good

4 Posted on 10 / 15 / 2008

the food is good but mostly vegetarian and i'm vegan.. anyway is a valid alternative in valencia!

Pros: good food
Cons: not so cheap, not much vegan
Stevie
Stevie

La Tastaolletes, Valencia

5 Posted on 02 / 02 / 2008

I had dinner in this place last night. When I showed up the place was packed and the staff told me that I was looking a wait of around 45 minutes to get a table. My friend and I decided to go for it and were escorted to a small bar at the back of the restaurant. Soon enough the 45 minutes passed and it was food time.

I was given an English language menu and the waitress also spoke a bit of English. Vegan veggie dishes are meant to be marked on the menu. I queried why none of the salads were marked as vegan veggie and was told that this was an error.

I'm generally not a great zealot for salad but I went for the seaweed salad to start with. This was the best salad I have ever the pleasure of stuffing down my throat, tremendous, and a big portion as well. For a main I went for the 'curry lasanya' as it was listed on the menu; loved it, loved it, loved it, superb.

This is a great restaurant centrally located in the Carmen area. The staff are great, the atmo superb, the food is magic and reasonably priced. 5 out of 5 from me without a shadow of a doubt, I'd love to eat here again.

Pros: Vegan veggie friendly, Sensational food, Great atmo and staff

Dear Owner and Manager of La Tastaolletes: