Vegan food and drinks. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Juice bar, Mexican, Western
Ave 10 N Entre Calles 10 y 10 bis, Colonia Centro
Playa Del Carmen, Mexico 77730
984-148-6597

Open Mon-Fri 11am-7pm, Sat 9am-5pm.

First Review by LorenzoOlarte
KathrinaNea
KathrinaNea

Yummy!

5 Posted on 07 / 23 / 2014

I really love all in this place. I ate a delicius MEXICAN VEGAN FOODS! You must to be there everytime than you can go. It´s near to the famous 5th avenue.

Pros: Amazing!, Friendly!, 100% vegan!
BethSyrinx
BethSyrinx

Great food, lovely staff

5 Posted on 07 / 22 / 2014

My boyfriend and I went to La Senda twice during our stay in Playa Del Carmen. Both times it was fantastic!! We have travelled through Mexico for the past 5 weeks and it can be difficult to find healthy, feel good vegetarian food. La Senda was a great surprise. Really nice vegan food and the friendliest service we have come across in Mexico. The lentil and falafel burgers are great, and the tinga tostadas were soo tasty. I also had the banana, strawberry and cacao oat pancakes, which were huge and incredibly good. They have a bunch a fresh juices. The Omega, Mangojinger and cashew with oat milk are all recommended. The combinations were thoughtful and worked really well. Do yourself a favour and go and try La Senda. They are easy to find, in a great location (worth the trip even if you're not nearby), and really care about and believe in their food.

Pros: Amazing flavours, Great service/Friendly staff, Location
Cons: We couldn't stay for more!!!
janeh
janeh

Very Good

5 Posted on 03 / 05 / 2014

This place is great - I had the lentil burger which was probably the best one i have had - it was very moist and tasty - the only disappointment was that that they didn't the sweet potato mash i had heard so much about on the postings. It was served in a pita - so no big bun to fill you up (or in my case discard). I also had a litre of juice (manago and other fruits), which kept me going all afternoon. Would thoroughly recommend for a vegan meal.

Pros: Great food, Staff was great, Small but cosy
YuliaEntreLosLeones
YuliaEntreLosLeones

It was fun but not the best

3 Posted on 02 / 19 / 2014

Me and my boyfriend ordered the raw pasta (zucchini pasta), and oh god it was soooo salty, it made me sick eating it. Also, cocoa and coconut water (as part of a shake that also has dates and bananas) wasn't such a yummy combo...

BUT, some things they have really taste like I could have made it at home (and I don't cook THAT good) and spent way less money for it. The tamales, the quinoa burger, the hummus pizza for example…are good, but not worth it for me because the taste is boring.

However, I wouldn't say I didn't like the place altogether because we tried some of their baked things and they were super yummy, and they have some really good things. But if you are someone who wants to be mind blown by the taste, just know that not every plate your order will make your tastes satisfied.

And i do recommend it..I still eat there all the time even though I don't love it…but it's not a bad option :) For sure better and healthier than having oily fried rice and bean tacos with some oily fried veggies!

Updated from previous review on Wednesday February 19, 2014

Pros: Many food options, Good muffins, wifi and coffee
Cons: raw dishes are mmeh, smoothes are ehh, inconsistent flavor
  • AstroInterGalactico AstroInterGalactico

HELLO YULIA:

FIRST OF ALL I WANT TO APOLOGIZE AS I FOUND OUT WHAT HAPPENED IN YOU VISIT TO OUR RESTAURANT, AND I WANT TO THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENT BECAUSE I ASSURE YOU THIS WONT HAPPEN IN THE FUTURE, THE GIRL WHO PREPARED YOU FOOD WAS STILL IN COACHING AND SHE GAVE YOU THE WRONG DRESSING, A CILANTRO ONE, AND YES VERY SALTY AS I LATER TRIED MYSELF, WHEN YOU WHERE LEAVING I WAS ARRIVING TO FIND OUT THAT YES YOU FOOD WAS POORLY MADE AND I DONT BLAME THE GIRL FOR TRYING BUT SHE CERTAINLY WAS NOT QUALIFIED YET.

SO WE APOLOGIZE, AND IF YOU ARE EVER IN TOWN AGAIN WE WILL BE HAPPY TO INVITE YOU ONE OF OUR RAW SORBETS OR CREPES, IM SURE YOU WILL NOT LEAVE DISAPPOINTED =)

SINCERELY,

LA SENDA RESTAURANTE

PAWlina
PAWlina

Really good

4 Posted on 12 / 20 / 2013

I found this website on a hungry afternoon, my favorite place was closed but they recommend La Senda. Really nice place, the vibe is pure relax, the service is excellent and the food really good.
I now have two favorite places to go, best options for Vegetarians/Vegans in Playa del Carmen :)

mrspie
mrspie

Beautiful veggie food, prepared with great care

5 Posted on 12 / 10 / 2013

We ate an excellent lunch at La Senda. We are a vegetarian couple and found the restaurant using 'The Happy Cow' website. I am very glad we did - the food was absolutely delicious. We were early at the restaurant and so watched the chefs prepare our food very carefully. The food was incredibly fresh and incredibly tasty too! The atmosphere in the restaurant is positive, and the staff were friendly locals and not too much in your face. All in all, it was a great dining experience I can highly recommend.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff, good value
SimoneTracey
SimoneTracey

Fantastic Place

4 Posted on 11 / 09 / 2013

My spanish is far, far from perfect. However, I somehow managed to order some great food here. They appear to bake their own bread which lends well to the scrumptious salad sandwich and lentil burger options that are accompanied with an extremely tasty sweet potato mash. Another time, I ordered soft tacos filled with mushroom (and pineapple I think) done in a spiced tomato sauce. Taste sensation. A great choice.
Updated from previous review on Saturday November 09, 2013

choogirl
choogirl

Excellent

5 Posted on 11 / 08 / 2013

I spent about 5 days in Playa and I ate here everyday since it's 100% vegan. I loved everything I tried. All the ingredients were fresh and tasty. My favourite food was the raw berry-banana ice cream (ask for it). So delicious. The owner/ chef Astrid is a lovely person who I befriended by coming in every day. She can explain anything you want to know in English or Spanish. The location is excellent. Right in the heart of Playa, so there are no excuses not to give it a try.

Pros: 100% vegan and some raw, Good juice bar, Great location
Phonique
Phonique

happily surprised by this fully vegan spot

5 Posted on 09 / 20 / 2013

for me as a world travelling dj & vegan, this spot was a great surprise after coming straight from NYC, which is already a paradise for vegans.
I was expecting to go for the typical tomato soup and rice with beans and vegetables on my stay in Playa Del Carmen, but I was proved wrong!
this is a lovely place with a great selection of healthy vegan comfort food.
the menu wasn't in english, but the girl at the bar spoke english perfectly.
as my driver, who picked me up from the airport was in a hurry, we could just order and they even delivered it to my hotel.
I had the lentil burger with mashed sweet potatoes and it was delicious.

Pros: great selection, sweet spot, customer friendly
Cons: no english menu
AstroInterGalactico
AstroInterGalactico

100% VEGAN

5 Posted on 05 / 28 / 2013

HELLO TO ALL, THIS IS THE OWNER GREETING YOU AND INVITING YOU TO TRY THIS ALL VEGAN, NATURAL AND HOME MADE MENU, THIS IS ALL HOME MADE FOOD MADE FROM THE HEART AND HOPE IF YOU VISIT PLAYA COME AND STOP BY TO HAVE A DELICIOUS MEXICAN AND INTERNATIONAL VEGAN MEAL, OR SIMPLY REFRESH WITH OUR SMOOTHIE AND SALAD BAR, TRY OUR DESSERTS AND GET YOU SUPER FOODS!! WE ARE VERY THANKFUL THAT NETWORKS LIKE THIS EXIST AND WE ALL GET TO CONNECT A BRANCH OUT TO CONTINUE THIS PATH OF LOVE, CONSCIOUSNESS AND COMPASSION!! BLESSINGS TO ALL!!

LA SENDA
FOOD IS MEDICINE!
Updated from previous review on Tuesday April 02, 2013

Pros: MADE WITH LOVE, ALL VEGAN, PEACEFUL ENVIRONMENT
LorenzoOlarte
LorenzoOlarte

Rstaurante vegano en playa del carmen

5 Posted on 04 / 26 / 2013

L senda de paz, un excelente restaurante vegano, localizado en playa dl carmen, ofrece muy buena comida y una excelente atencion.
No dejes de visitarlo

Pros: Comida raw, Buenos precios, Clidad de la comida

Dear Owner and Manager of La Senda Restaurante: