Re-opened in 2013 but only as an organic shop. Its lunch service had shut down. more-less
9, rue de la Chevalerie (Metro: Merode)
Brussels, Belgium 1040
02-7344098

Open Mon-Fri 10am-8pm, Sat 10am-6pm.

First Review by loving_veggies
Lilimedusa
Lilimedusa

Everytime again

5 Posted on 03 / 07 / 2011

I lived in Brussels for 6 years and La Saga is definitely my favourite restaurant. The food is delicious and the desserts are to die for! The ingredients are organic and the dishes are composed of various elements to garantee a balanced diet. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

Pros: great value, excellent food, healthy cuisine
behindthelines
behindthelines

healthy, but bit bland

3 Posted on 02 / 27 / 2011

In front is a small organic food shop with fresh vegetables on sale.
Friendly and very quick service, but the food is very unoriginal. Choice between a cold or warm dish (either small, medium, large), which consists of a selection of vegetables, grains, possibly tofu etc.
Pro: it's all vegan and healthy, which is hard to find in Brussels.
Cheap.
Only open for lunch.

Pros: cheap, vegan, friendly
Cons: bland, unoriginal food
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

hum... not feeling this place

2 Posted on 07 / 26 / 2009

The restaurant, which just consists of a hot plate option or cold plate option of the day in 3 different sizes is in the back of the small health food store. We ordered one hot and one cold plate. They were both pretty blah. I highly don't suggest going here when there are plenty of La Pain's in Brussels with nicer vegan options for lunch. Definitely do not take a non vegan here as the food is like 70s vegan mash. We pretty much found nothing on our plates edible, but it could have just been a bad day, it was all very oily, too.

Cons: oily, bland, lack of selection

earloflimerick
earloflimerick

The greatest restaurant in the world

5 Posted on 11 / 11 / 2008

I promise you that after eating here you will immediately feel more healthy. The very simple meals offer a myriad of different tastes, that not only save you studying a menu, but are a wonderful lesson in bringing good taste out of real food.

i always eat here on my lunch break and i get the fastest service here than anywhere else in Brussels, even the European Commission's canteens!

Pros: Variety, atmposphere, quality
Cons: price (not really), hard to bring non veggies, desert is too tempting!
ahuyton
ahuyton

Great desserts

4 Posted on 10 / 13 / 2008

A very peaceful and friendly place, vegan owners. You basically choose one of two dishes for main course - each comes in 3 sizes and it's wholesome and pleasant. Desserts are really great though. Nice little shop, but they have very little room. Still, it's my favourite place in Brussels.

Pros: Friendly, Relaxed, Vegan
Cons: Small shop
loving_veggies
loving_veggies

Not a fan but liked the shop

2 Posted on 07 / 27 / 2008

I really didn't care for the food....my spouse did though...I tried the dessert...didn't like that either. I am sorry to submit a negative review but I don't really care for already prepared food.

Pros: cheap, store atrached
Cons: food was not fresh tasting

Dear Owner and Manager of La Saga: