La Revolucion de la Cuchara

Located in the Chapinero neighborhood, near the Transmilenio station Calle 57. Several dining rooms, one with a big tree growing right through the roof. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Latin American, Colombian
Carrera 9A, no. 60-44
Bogota, Colombia

Call for hours - tell us

• Cash only

First Review by maynard7

cool space

Posted on 08 / 01 / 2012

I love the tree. there's also a room with lower wooden where you sit on the ground to eat. the food was all right. as with most restaurants I've tried here, it was just sort of bland. but very filling for not very much--it was 6800 for brown rice, white beans, vegetables in sesame sauce, pineapple cake, a thick soup, and a banana. you can't really beat that. definitely worth it. there are also things available off menu--tamales, I think? some of them had gluten filling--if I would have had room...

Pros: great value, healthy, nice space
Cons: a little bland

Good food

Posted on 08 / 23 / 2010

They have 3 different meals available every day, ranging from 6500 to 9800 pesos, depending on which one you choose (as of August 2010). There are lots of tables, plus a separate dining room with low tables and cushions to sit on the floor.

The day I went, they gave me a big bowl of soup, a banana, then the main plate with a veggie stir-fry and brown rice. Also a small dessert and a choice of either soy milk, tea or juice.

When you walk in the restaurant, go to the right. Next to the cash register they have models of the food set up so you can just point if you don't understand Spanish. Pay at the register, then take the receipt to your table and the food server brings your lunch. This is not haute cuisine, but it's good, nonetheless. They give you so much food here that you may not be hungry for dinner (which is good since I haven't found any veggie restaurant to be open at dinner time in Bogota).

Pros: Good prices, Food tasty

Dear Owner and Manager of La Revolucion de la Cuchara: