Serves meat, veg options available. Lá Quê has many vegan options available. Dishes include mock chicken and tofu. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Chinese, Thai, Take-out, Non-veg
1019 Bardstown Road
Louisville, Kentucky 40204

Call for hours - tell us

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by xsamx
little lily
little lily

Be careful.

Posted on 10 / 11 / 2015

We were interested in trying La Que for quite a while. I was happy when we finally got around to it. Nice place. Quiet. We tell the server that we want everything vegan. She says "vegan?" So we go ahead and tell her one of the items we are considering. And say, we want no animal products , no milk, no egg, not fish sauce. She says yes. Only coconut milk in the curry. Then the same thing with the noodles. When the food comes, it's just dropped off, no checking to see if we need anything. I get up to find her and say that we ordered brown rice, not white. She goes to get it. Meanwhile, after a bite each, we're looking at the noodles and what looks like real chicken. It's been a long time since we've eaten chicken, so we're not sure. The brown rice is dropped off without even a second to catch attention and ask our concerns. Again, I get up to find her and say the chicken looks too realistic, is it chicken or mock? She says real chicken. I'll fix it. no apologies. We are both sick the next day. It's too bad the curry was so delicious, because I Don't think we'll be back.

Pros: quiet, clean
Cons: put chicken in our noodles

Nice little place

Posted on 01 / 31 / 2012

I like the fact that having the mock meat or the tofu is actually cheaper than the meat, which reflects the truth rather than "this is healthy so we're charging extra."

You can sub any of the meat with the mock meat or tofu, which is pretty cool. I had some rice vermicelli spicy bowel thing I can't pronounce the name of. I think the mock meat is made of gluten, it was very chewy but soft, not in bad way.It was very good, and so was the veggie dumplings I had, the dip broth was very flavorful.

My friend that tagged along enjoyed her chosen lunch item (real chicken broccoli thing) as well. I shall be visiting again.

Pros: Price, Options
Cons: parking

A little strange, but...

Posted on 10 / 28 / 2009

...still a great new restaurant in Louisville. Lots of veggie/vegan options, and the portions are huge! A very good value. The service is a little weird - I don't think the data from the waiter or waitress gets back to the kitchen in tact sometimes, or the kitchen staff just doesn't understand it. And, it is somewhat slow. However, the food is great, tea is included with the combo meals, and they have mock chicken! I'm still going to support them, and hope they can work out the kinks to become of one of Bardstown Road's best Asian/veggie options. The potential is there, they just need to follow through.

Pros: vegan friendly, mock chicken, location
Cons: service
  • xsamx xsamx

Update April 2010: They are now deep-frying the mock meats, making them even tastier! General Tso's mock chicken (or tofu) is incredible!

Dear Owner and Manager of La Que: