Serves meat, veg options available. Lá Quê has many vegan options available. Dishes include mock chicken and tofu. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Chinese, Thai, Take-out, Non-veg

phoray
phoray

Nice little place

4 Posted on 01 / 31 / 2012

I like the fact that having the mock meat or the tofu is actually cheaper than the meat, which reflects the truth rather than "this is healthy so we're charging extra."

You can sub any of the meat with the mock meat or tofu, which is pretty cool. I had some rice vermicelli spicy bowel thing I can't pronounce the name of. I think the mock meat is made of gluten, it was very chewy but soft, not in bad way.It was very good, and so was the veggie dumplings I had, the dip broth was very flavorful.

My friend that tagged along enjoyed her chosen lunch item (real chicken broccoli thing) as well. I shall be visiting again.

Pros: Price, Options
Cons: parking
xsamx
xsamx

A little strange, but...

4 Posted on 10 / 28 / 2009

...still a great new restaurant in Louisville. Lots of veggie/vegan options, and the portions are huge! A very good value. The service is a little weird - I don't think the data from the waiter or waitress gets back to the kitchen in tact sometimes, or the kitchen staff just doesn't understand it. And, it is somewhat slow. However, the food is great, tea is included with the combo meals, and they have mock chicken! I'm still going to support them, and hope they can work out the kinks to become of one of Bardstown Road's best Asian/veggie options. The potential is there, they just need to follow through.

Pros: vegan friendly, mock chicken, location
Cons: service
  • xsamx xsamx

Update April 2010: They are now deep-frying the mock meats, making them even tastier! General Tso's mock chicken (or tofu) is incredible!

Dear Owner and Manager of La Que: