CLOSED: La Locanda di Are

Serves meat, veg options available. Vegetarian with few or no vegan options, and also serving fish. Regional cookery from Apulia/Puglia. From Mon-Thur all reservations with arrival time before 8:00pm there's a 50% discount on food (excluding drinks). NOTE: Call to confirm open times as hours may fluctuate. Previously named Pugliamonti. DEC 2012 REPORTED CHANGE OWNERSHIP AND NAME TO Broccoletti; NO LONGER VEG. REMOVED. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Italian, Non-veg
Via Urbana, 104 (Near Cavour Metro Stop)
Rome, Italy 00184
06-4742772

Open Mon-Sat 19:30-23:00, closed Sun.

First Review by paypar
tuelltime78
tuelltime78

Delicious and Accomodating

4 Posted on 06 / 13 / 2011

This restaurant has just changed hands. In face, when I ate there a couple weeks ago, it had only been open under the new owner for 2 days! We got there before it opened, but they were very gracious and allowed us to sit down inside. I have Crohn's Disease and cannot have any milk products. Their menu is primarily fish dishes, but they created an entire menu for us that included marinted veggies and a main dish of pesto orrechiette. The meal was very delicious and the staff was very gracious and accomodating. The restaurant was clean and recently renovated. All in all, it was a wonderful experience. Note: I printed off the veggie phrases in Italian that I found on this website and they were very helpful. The owner of this restaurant doesn't speak hardly any English, but a friend of his translated for us.

Pros: friendly staff, excellent food, easy to find
Cons: Not much English spoken, Few vegan options
snowy
snowy

this is not a vegetarian restaurant anymore

2 Posted on 05 / 26 / 2011

unless you are pescetarian do not go here. it is a seafood based restaurant now.

Cons: not vegetarian
paypar
paypar

Authentic Italian on a cute side street

4 Posted on 03 / 23 / 2011

I went here based on it being on a list on HappyCow.com. It happened to be right behind my hotel, which was near the Cavour metro stop. If you go, take the metro to Cavour, get out and go down the steps - that's Via Urbana. There's many cute little places there to explore as well.

My dish, the orrichette with turnip greens I found a little salty. My husband had something in a cream sauce, so when we shared each others' dishes it balanced out a bit.

I paid total 22 euros for the two dishes. We went for dinner on a Saturday, a bit earlier and had no wait.

Pros: authentic, other shops nearby, near metro stop
Cons: slightly expensive, no pizza

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: La Locanda di Are: