La Esquina Vegetariana

Restaurant in a colonial building located in the Chapinero neighborhood. Serves a fixed lunch special daily. Tamales, bread, pies, cakes, vegan sausages, and other delicacies. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Colombian

First Review by little85
davidayala
davidayala

La Esquina Vegetariana, amiga de HappyCow

5 Posted on 06 / 22 / 2014

Gracias a nuestros amigos de La Esquina Vegetariana por permitirnos invitar a los bogotanos a conocer HappyCow colgando nuestro afiche en su restaurante.

proper or pompous?
proper or pompous?

satisfying

4 Posted on 12 / 01 / 2013

a friend and i each had the set lunch of soup, salad, main meal, fruit dessert, along with both of us getting an empanada as a starter, and the total came to around 15 u.s. dollars. good prices for the quality and amount of food you get. la esquina vegetariana is definitely worth a stop.

maynard7
maynard7

Very good food; my favorite place in Bogota

5 Posted on 01 / 26 / 2013

The food here was great, and this was my favorite veggie place I visited while in Bogota.

As of December 2012 the set meal of the day is 9.000 pesos. Just take any seat and pay afterwards. I've eaten there several times while in Bogota, and I found the food to be fairly creative (more so than the other veggie places) and very tasty. They are only open for lunch Monday thru Saturday. The nearest Transmilenio stations are Flores or Calle 72.

This place has it all; the food is always very good, the building they're in is beautiful (it's an older brick building with character) and the interior is lovely... it's airy, naturally lit and just so pleasant. The street it's on is a nice walking street with plenty of room to walk, and without the throngs of people you usually find in Bogota.

If you can only eat in one place while you're in Bogota, I would eat here.

Pros: Creative, Tasty, Lovely atmosphere
little85
little85

Pleasant

4 Posted on 07 / 23 / 2012

This was a nice place--two floors, spacious, light. The menu del dia was 9,000 pesos as of this writing, and it was pretty good. soup, brown rice, salad, potatoes, and some kind of tofu goulash for the main dish (candied pears for dessert). tasty and filling. I wasn't blown away, but I would go back if I were in the area. The best part, though, is that they sell vegan meats AND vegan cheese-this is the first place in Bogotá I've found that has queso de soya. I'd like to go back and try something off their menu. They even had vegan chocolate cake which I took home for a birthday treat for later. Looked delicious. Give this place a try!

Pros: healthy, good value, vegan cheese

Dear Owner and Manager of La Esquina Vegetariana: