La Cucina Dei Colori

Offers vegan and vegetarian food plus a wide range of local organic wine. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Italian, Beer/Wine
via San Michele, 9
Catania, Italy 95131

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by madonnaragu

Definitely worth a visit

Posted on 05 / 05 / 2015

Explicitly vegetarian food is not at all in the culture of this tradition-obsessed island. This is a pity, since all the delicious ingredients can be found, including the typical Italian creativity. La Cucina dei Colori puts them together in simple dishes, some of which are surprising and delicious. They offer cooking courses as well (almost surely not in English). I recommend ordering a mixed plate with 3,4 or 5 different things. When I was there, everything was vegan or vegetarian.

I also recommend to try the desserts. Think "nerdy creation, almost healthy" rather than "sugar flash" when you order the dark chocolate mousse.

Pros: Delicious food
Cons: Uncozy hall atmosphere, No good website with opening times

Don't miss it!

Posted on 03 / 24 / 2015

What a joy to find this place so near our hotel. The food - entirely vegan - is truly outstanding. We chose the option of mixing dishes, which meant that between two of us we sampled eight different dishes, all of which were absolutely delicious. Wine was good too, and a nice atmosphere, with long tables and the kitchen visible.

Pros: wonderful food, 100% vegan, friendly staff

Absolutely recommendable!

Posted on 12 / 21 / 2014

My husband and I visited la "Cucina dei Colori" in October 2014. Fortunately, we got the last two seats at the long table without having a reservation.
We were offered to order either the normal "Italian way" (= first course and/or second course + dessert) or to arrange a mixed plate of three, four or five dishes of our choice for a fix price. Of course, we tested almost the whole menu by ordering five dishes each.
The food tasted great (though being admittedly a little cold) and was accompanied by an excellent wine.
We didn't recognize any meat or fish neither on the menu (as far as I understood with my knowledge of the Italian language) nor on our plates!

Pros: delicious food, excellent wine, interesting concept in general
Cons: temperature of the food

Posted on 05 / 15 / 2013

Ok, so the choices for veg*ans in Italy and especially Sicily are limited, so to find a veggie restaurant was fantastic. However - THEY DO SERVE FISH! I don't know how fish is considered vegetarian, but there you go. They had a buffet-like system where you could pick which dishes you'd like and pay depending on the amount chosen. There's one long table for sitting down, and you can see into the kitchen, which was pretty cool. The food was good, although I would have preferred some more flair to it. The seitan lasagna was my favourite.

Pros: Centrally located, Good choice of dishes, Affordable
Cons: Serves fish, Food was cold

Dear Owner and Manager of La Cucina Dei Colori: