La Cocina Restaurant and Ca...

Serves meat, veg options available. Global cuisine with a focus on fresh, local ingredients. Offers A few vegetarian and gluten free items labeled. Sustainable wine. Seating areas include large courtyard, cantina, and dining room. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Ovo, International, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg
201 N Court Ave (downtown)
Tucson, Arizona 85701
520-622-0351

Call for hours - tell us

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by deborahcanon
TucsonVeganGal
TucsonVeganGal

Good food but pricey

Posted on 01 / 08 / 2016

The atmosphere at La Cocina while dining outside is fantastic. Food can be made vegan easily. The price-point is high. My wife and I regularly have a bill of $50 for one glass of wine and one entrée each. That is too expensive for a regular dining experience.

Dining inside the cantina isn't near as pleasant and if there's a musician playing inside due to inclement weather the experience leaves much to be desired.

Pros: Good vegan fare, Outside seating is amazing, Cool Tucson vibe
Cons: Inside seating in Cantina, Pricey
artlady
artlady

Nice

Posted on 08 / 19 / 2012

Nice atmosphere, awesome servers, great vegan and vegetarian choices. What a pleasant surprise in Tucson. Being vegan and having many non vegan friends, this would be a to go place. Nice menu for all with a chef willing to make changes. With that said, my tofu scramble was a little disappointing. I am finding out in Tucson that scramble to them means chopped. I will go back and order again and make sure it is scrambled. The choices to put into the sramble were many I am sure this will happen because we did some switch out and the server always said NO PROBLEM. I am also seeing Tucson restaurants using soy sauce and am learning to ask of they are because it is way too much sodium for me. I hate having to do that because it truely makes me feel like a real PITA ( pain in the a_ _ ). Also, the outdoor setting is awesome and natenolol do you sit amongst all these trees while you eat but you are surrounded by wonderful galleries and shops.

Pros: Friendly staff, Healthy cuisine, Great setting
Waldohood
Waldohood

Delightful!!!!!!!

Posted on 08 / 05 / 2012

Exceptional staff, delicious food, socially minded shops, quaint setting. It was perfect. I found a vegan option that was great as did my husband who is not vegan. And my son had a burger that he thought was delicious. I highly recommended this place!

Pros: Staff, Food, Shops/ courtyard

linaE
linaE

Very good food and great atmosphere! We liked!

Posted on 11 / 07 / 2011

My family & I walked over here after a childrens' event at the Main Library. It was around 2 and we got in on the brunch menu. Hubby's a vegan, 8yr old is an ovo-veg, and I eat it all. We all found something on the menu to please. There are a LOT of items listed vegan and important things like Walnuts in the veggy burger listed on menu. We shared the humus plate, a tofu scramble, and vegan b'fast burrito, plus coffee w/ soy creamer and an OJ... all came to about $26, not bad at all! Sadly we were told that there is usually music during brunch but they'd cancelled that day. 8yr old thought the courtyard seating was very cool as she could explore a bit and still be within sight, it wasn't very crowded. It didn't take very long to give our order nor for food to arrive, and check came in a reasonable time. It's definitely a place to relax and slow down and enjoy your food and music. We didn't get to wander too much around the artisan shops, but there were lots of lovely things in what we did see. I think we'll be bringing the in-laws here when they come to visit in Dec.

Pros: excellent food, great outdoor seating, very friendly staff
Cons: might be a little slow on a busy night
safara
safara

good title

Posted on 10 / 04 / 2011

I absolutely loved it. The restaurant is very accomendating to dietary needs. The food is tasteful and the atmosphere is lovely, with a courtyard, tables and music. Little shops surround it, its eclectic and colorful. Wonderful menu of ample veg meals

Pros: great atmosphere, eclectic food, accomendating
deborahcanon
deborahcanon

A great find in downtown Tucson !

Posted on 02 / 17 / 2011

As reported, very vegetarian & vegan friendly! Some dishes are naturally vegetarian, many others offer veg options. Good place for veg/non-veg couple or family to dine, even having same entree with differing options. Fantastic location, tucked inside a courtyard with overarchinglighte d trees, water pool, singing birds some nights have live music. Open hours are continuous so no need to worry about break between lunch & dinner. Highly recommended.

Pros: many veg choices, friendly staff, outside courtyard child & dog friendly
Cons: portions may seem smaller to some

Dear Owner and Manager of La Cocina Restaurant and Cantina: