Serves meat, veg options available. Whole foods style Mexican cuisine but is predominately meat-based. Casual atmosphere with rotating local art gallery. Counter service. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Mexican, Organic, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
123 E Colorado Ave (Pine)
Telluride, Colorado 81435
970-728-9355

Open Mon-Sun 8am-9pm.

First Review by txdoglover
MKdubs
MKdubs

Dishonest Menu

1 Posted on 08 / 21 / 2014

We ordered the one dedicated "vegan" item titled "The Vegan Plate." Throughout the meal, my wife and I kept asking each other if we thought something tasted like bacon. As my wife was loading a we pulled open the guac to find multiple pieces of bacon.

Worst dining experience during our trip to Colorado.

Cons: Dishonest Menu Items
Azang
Azang

The most popular restaurant on Main Street

4 Posted on 01 / 26 / 2013

My husband and three children had lunch at this restaurant yesterday. To be specific we took out from the caravaan next door and were served indoors at the main restaurant. We are strictly vegetarian and the person behind the counter was very helpful. The falafel was crispy and the Laffah bread was light and fluffy the Techina was lemony and delicious. The fries were bit soggy but the Greek salad and babaganouj were also delicious. The atmosphere was happening with lots of locals. I would totally recommend the food. The caravaan has only outdoor seating and only serves till 5pm (but you can eat indoors at cucviba de Luz like we did).

Pros: Fun atmosphere, Lots of healthy options, Very veg friendly
Cons: Funny smell in restaurant
txdoglover
txdoglover

good food, poor service

4 Posted on 07 / 22 / 2011

My husband and I did a Colorado, New Mexico trip. When in Telluride we went to La Cocina de Luz, as we found it on Happy Cow. This is a place where you go to the counter and order, you take a number to your table and they bring the food. I ordered the Vegan Plate, my husband got an order of enchiladas. The man at the counter (the owner?) was very unfriendly, and no one comes back to check your table after the food is delivered. We watched the owner with the regulars and he was equally unfriendly to them. The food was really good. The atmosphere was casual. If the food wasn't so great, I wouldn't recommend it, but it was really worth it. I found that the locals in Taos, Durango, Salida were all very friendly, but the people who work in Telluride seem very unhappy and not friendly at all for such a tourist area.

Pros: great food, healthy cuisine, good value
Cons: unfriendly staff, no service

Dear Owner and Manager of La Cocina de Luz: