Serves meat, veg options available. Cedar City Mexican restaurant. Has several vegetarian options on menu, a few of which can be made vegan - specify no cheese, etc. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Mexican, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Delivery, Non-veg
453 S Main St
Cedar City, Utah 84720
435-586-6855

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by jlautner
Meggie and Ben
Meggie and Ben

Just ok

Posted on 01 / 04 / 2015

My husband and I stopped by La Casa Don Miquel on our way to Vegas since it was one of the only things in the area. The food was alright, but it was difficult to order and ensure that things were veg-friendly.

They do have a vegetarian section of their menu but it sounds like their rice actually has chicken stock? Also, I made sure to specify that they cooked the vegetables in my fajita in oil only since they said they normally use butter.

Overall it was difficult to order and the food was just ok. Probably won't go back.

Navegante
Navegante

Disappointing....

Posted on 10 / 02 / 2014

There is a light and vegetarian menu, with five items. All come with rice, beans and coleslaw. The coleslaw seems to be vegan, and was tasty. The rice is NOT VEGETARIAN as verified by myself asking the cooks if it contains chicken stock - it does. Another reviewer reports the refried beans contain lard, so I ordered the whole black beans. They were good, but probably from a can. Just black beans. The Tostada de Nopales (Cactus) was tasty and had fresh avacado. I skipped the cheese to make it vegan. Chips and salsa were OK - but nothing to rave about. Overall, this place is about like any other Mexican restaurant you'll find.

Cons: Rice not vegetarian, Refried beans not vegetarian, No vegan options without altering
scottie1134
scottie1134

best salsa, great food, amazing service

Posted on 08 / 07 / 2012

It was great. Service was great. I saw a review stating it was your standard california style mexican food. So I was like, you mean it's like the most awesome place on earth. And it was awesome. Ask for no cheese and no sour cream on your food. Maybe specify you don't do cheese. And the salsa was the best salsa I've ever had. I even got me some to go because it was so good.

Pros: food, service, salsa
Cons: refried beans have lard, lots of cheese and sour cream

jlautner
jlautner

Order carefully

Posted on 08 / 16 / 2008

I had dinner here just once so cannot offer a full review. The food was good and the choices are wider than in most Mexican restaurants. I was disappointed to discover that some ingredients are not listed on the menu - my burrito came covered with cheese but there was no mention of this feature. So I suggest being very clear about what you do not want in your dish.

Pros: friendly staff, nice vegetable mixes, will customize
Cons: a bit slow, menu doesn't list all ingredients

Dear Owner and Manager of La Casa Don Miquel: