Serves meat, veg options available. A small Mexican restaurant in the South Loop with a full bar and a separate vegan menu. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg
1911 S Michigan Ave
Chicago, Illinois 60616
312-842-1911

Mon-Thu 11:00am-11:00pm, Fri 11:00am-1:00am, Sat 12:00pm-1:00am, Sun 12:00pm-10:00pm

First Review by docpoet
jdedic
jdedic

vegan burritos are awesome

Posted on 02 / 03 / 2016

love their vegan chorizo and their vegan ground beef burritos. well seasoned meat substitue product, big portions, and crave-inducing. best in chicago i've found, and they have a wide delivery area via grubhub.

Pros: quality meat substitute product, fresh, well made, wide delivery area
b-ash-w
b-ash-w

south loop favorite!

Posted on 02 / 20 / 2015

All food is amazing, even if your not veg! I love going here with non veg people, this way we are all happy, and I don't feel like the odd man out. Ask for separate vegan menu, they are very accommodating;)

CourtneyM
CourtneyM

excellent vegan menu!

Posted on 01 / 01 / 2015

Make sure to tell your server that you are Vegan and they will bring you the Vegan Menu. So many options!!!

I had the enchiladas and my boyfriend had the chimichanga (both vegan with the chorizo option). Both were excellent and filling without being too heavy. Real attention to detail and emphasis on quality food here. Friendly service and fast too.
If you are in the area, definitely stop in, I know we'll be back next time we're in town!

Pros: vegan menu with lots of options , filling but not too heavy, quality food
Cons: not super cheap but not outrageously priced

docpoet
docpoet

Fantastic vegan options!!

Posted on 12 / 20 / 2014

I love this place. It has a separate vegan menu with more than 30 items; plus, all of their rice, beans, and tortillas are completely vegan. They offer Daiya and Uptons, and offer traditional standards. Some of my favorites are the grilled poblano quesadilla, mole enchiladas, spicy guacamole, and the tortilla soup (rich and tomato-based). The margaritas are quite good, as well, and $5 on Monday nights! It can get busy, but the servers are always friendly.

Pros: Great food, Good margaritas, Huge vegan menu
Cons: Can get noisy and crowded

Dear Owner and Manager of La Cantina: