La Botanica Organica

Breakfast and lunch place with a store attached. Serves vegetarian, vegan, raw, gluten free, and other dietary options. Has whole wheat pancakes, citrus french toast, lentil burger, vegan lasagnas, veggie scrambles, Caribbean plate, salads, organic fair trade coffee and chocolate, smoothies with almond, soy, or rice milk. Uses organic and all natural ingredients. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, American, Caribbean, Beer/Wine, Take-out
Main road to Manzanillo near Shawanda Hotel, Playa Chiquita (across from Playa Chiquita Lodge)
Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica

• Cash only

First Review by VidaVerde
thoge40
thoge40

If you love lovin' you should come eat here!

Posted on 04 / 24 / 2014

The folks who run this place just LOVE everybody (not only customers :)) They are fans of natural super foods.
You will find great food and an awesome crowd here.

And if you are fortunate enough to run across Nate (on of the guys who run the place), he will give you an extra dose of MUCHO AMOR!!!! to take home with you at no extra cost.

And if you stick around after hours, you catch a glimpse of Alfredo and his huge dog Max playing in what ends up being a very entertaining show.

Great people, great food, great place, what else can I say....

Pros: Super friendly, Good variety (lentil burgers), Great place
aisawesome
aisawesome

My favorite meal of my trip here!!

Posted on 06 / 16 / 2013

this place is AMAAAAZING!!! I had the best meal of my 2 week trip to Costa Rica here - lentil burger with carribean sauce, rice and veggies. amazing amazing amazing. For dessert blackberry ice cream w chocolate

We wanted to come back here again soooo badly but they were going to be closed.

RUN here if you are in Puerto Viejo!

Pros: AMAZING food, great service
Cons: not being closer to home haha!
kjvicki
kjvicki

DESSERTS!

Posted on 11 / 08 / 2012

I did not eat a meal here for 2 reasons. One, they were only open for breakfast and lunch, and we were out playing all day! Two, I would have had to bring my own vegan "butter and milk", so why bother?!?! However, I did buy two desserts for after dinner, which were fabulous!

Pros: Desserts
Cons: Not enough vegan food, Not open for dinner

daffodilsoup
daffodilsoup

A must-visit!

Posted on 01 / 22 / 2012

Good food and good vibes - Sunday brunch was fantastic! The interior of the restaurant is beautiful and relaxing, and the food was fantastic. I was a little disappointed to learn that there was no tofu or tempeh on the day that I visited, but no worries, it happens - the lovely owners made up for it by giving me a larger portion of veggies. The quinoa salad itself was fresh and flavorful, and the greens came topped with a ginger-carrot puree that was absolutely delicious. The meal came with fresh coffee and pineapple juice, and we were able to enjoy live music as well. I would recommend Organica Botanica to anyone traveling to the southeastern part of Costa Rica!

KenThomas
KenThomas

THE BEST VEGETARIAN RESTAURANT IN COSTA RICA

Posted on 09 / 25 / 2011

This place is absolutely amazing. After exploring the country for a over a month, me and two others, discovered lots of delicious food from many great veggie restaurants, however none of them compared to our discovery of this incredible place with the best food in Costa Rica. Set idyllically around the lush green and yet still close to the beach, the location was great. The owners were equally as lovely. We got to know each other over the billion times we visited and we always wanted to come back for more. The owners were so friendly and inviting, as were the waitress's. They always seemed so passionate about the food that they made fresh everyday and they were always willing to share what exactly goes into our food. Which for us was a great plus. Every meal excited us, was fill with flavor and their was always a variety of options to choose from. The salad was full of flavor and full of color. The Veggie Burrito is really good as is the Lentil Burger. Also, the vegan lasagna is so delicious. You need to get this if you are visiting. The deserts were off the charts. The cookie with a banana ice cream melt on top with a chocolate drizzle on top was YUMMY!!! La Botanica Organica became a real indulgence for us. Overall, this restaurant is by far the best Vegan/Vegetarian restaurant in all of Costa Rica. A must to eat at when you're in town. You will love the food, the people and everything about the place. The establishment also comes with a lovely little side store full of vegan/vegetarian products. Thank you so much for making such wonderful food. It was a pleasure to eat here. 5 stars!!!
Love Ken, Chris & John from NYC & Wales

Pros: Food, Owners, Setting/Decoration
VidaVerde
VidaVerde

Hidden Vegetarian Paradise!

Posted on 02 / 02 / 2011

Awesome Food, Awesome Location, Awesome Vibe. Found out about this place on Facebook, and read their daily specials and made it a point to check it out when I got over to the Caribbean side.. SOOO glad we did. Ate here almost everyday! Super granola is the best.. And we had the lentil burger with carrot-ginger dressing ( they gave us the recipe!) every other day. Big portions of food.. The organic iced green tea with ginger and something else was spicy and thirst quenching. We were very well fed.. with out feeling icky and stuffed. I hope they open one on the Pacific. Thanks guys!

Pros: excellent healthy cuisine, Friendly staff & atmosphere, great value and presentation
Cons: no credit card, closed mondays :(

Dear Owner and Manager of La Botanica Organica: