A small, Middle Eastern vegetarian food restaurant. Accepts stravenky (Gastro Pass meal vouchers). Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Middle Eastern, Indian, Beer/Wine

Lliswerryboy
Lliswerryboy

A great find

Posted on 10 / 20 / 2014

I are here tonight with a colleague we shared the chili dip which was rated 5 + out of 5 for heat it was spicy hot and tasty. my dining partner had a vegetable gratin dish which she loved. it wholesome rich and tasty. I had one of the moussakas I
really enjoyed it. I think the place is 100% vegetarian I will definitely be back probably in two days

JoyS
JoyS

A really great place!

Posted on 09 / 11 / 2014

The food is delicious, they have many vegan options, the staff is very friendly, fast and nice. Probably my favourite place in Brno.

danielpoland
danielpoland

Veg Middle East

Posted on 05 / 06 / 2013

Very nice and cousy restaurant with Middle Eastern food Rasonable prices but unfortunetelly you have to bring cash with you. The closest ATM is quite far from the restaurant.
Updated from previous review on Monday May 06, 2013

Pros: big portions, friendly staff, very tasty
Cons: only cash

arahja
arahja

That's a great place!

Posted on 01 / 20 / 2013

Kupe became my favourite lunch place in Brno. The food is delicious, always there is vegan soup and vegan main dish during lunch hours (11-15), it's spiced excactly the way I like - not too much, but intensively, not only salt and pepper like in many places. Menu is original, oriental, menu book comes with pictures which can heat up your apetite. The big plus are vegan desserts, my usual problem in Czech Rep. Here they are and are delicious. For lunch, for the whole dinner, for evening with wine and sth sweet - I strongly recommend Kupe. Prices as in other restaurants in Brno, but for this quality - nothing to get angry about.

Pros: delicious!, vegan desserts, opening hours (to 23 during week, 17 su)
Gudrun
Gudrun

Hot!

Posted on 08 / 09 / 2012

Oriental restaurant with a great variety of vegetarian and vegan dishes, including many vegan starters and desserts. Delicious food, very friendly staff (English spoken). Cosy, non-formal atmosphere. Reasonable prices, WiFi, smoking and non-smoking part, dog friendly. Very nice menu, made like a big book with big photos and clear symbols for vegan, spicy etc. Beware of the spicy stuff if you can't cope with it, "hot" means really "hot"! While I was there I was told that whoever manages to eat one of the starters - "Mohammara", indicated as "very hot' - gets a main course for free. Forgot to ask how many people made it... Big portions, so it's tough to manage to eat 3 courses!

Pros: Excellent food, Great variety, Friendly staff
citizen428
citizen428

I wish I could eat there more often

Posted on 03 / 10 / 2012

Unfortunately I only had the pleasure of eating at Kupe once, but that was enough to leave me with a lasting impression. The place itself is very stylish and looks like something you'd expect in Berlin, not Brno. Their menu -- which consists mainly of Middle Eastern dishes -- clearly indicates what is vegan/gluten free etc., which is always a big plus. The food itself was excellent and I'd definitely have liked a dessert but alas I was too full from the falafel and hummus starter and the pide with vegan salami. What I found remarkable is that this place serves yerba mate, which definitely isn't common in European restaurants. Alternatively you can also get Club Mate, a mate-based soda that's fairly popular in and around Germany. They also prepare some interesting long-drinks, but we stuck to the good local beer. All in all an excellent experience, that seriously makes me consider a day trip to Brno just to eat there.

Pros: athmosphere, excellent food, interesting drinks
Hariom
Hariom

Oriental style and organized

Posted on 06 / 20 / 2011

I find this resturant quite interesting, when you go you have in the menu book which items are Vegan, Gluten-free, etc with a picture of the all the items in menu! So you know almost what you're about to get ad you dont have to go around asking what is vegan what is not, etc. Also the naan style bread they serve is very good! I've been a couple of times and I must admit that I like it. Its good to have a vegetarian restaurant in a city where it's so hard to find one and that too oriental with so many options to choose which is a BIG POSITIVE I'd say!! Also the price is quite reasonable

Dear Owner and Manager of Kupe: