Serves meat, veg options available. Chinese food place that also offers extensive vegetarian and vegan dishes. Many substitute meats including mock shrimp, chicken, duck, and beef. Sample dishes such as sweet & sour vege chicken dish and vege kung pao beef. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Chinese, Asian, Take-out, Delivery, Catering, Non-veg

First Review by bignameactress
Blind_Mary
Blind_Mary

Definitely Worth Checking Out

4 Posted on 03 / 15 / 2013

My parents were in town visiting so I tried to find a place that was vegan friendly. I stumbled upon Kung Pao Bistro and I have to say I'm in love. I tried the vegan chicken and spinach wonton soup, vegan cashew chicken, and vegan robot chicken; all of which are phenomenal. They also have a large tea selection which is nice. The servers are friendly and the food came out pretty fast. I'll definitely be back!

Pros: Excellent Service, Delicious Dishes, Large Vegan Selection
bignameactress
bignameactress

Favorite chinese restaurant!!

4 Posted on 09 / 24 / 2011

Welcome to HappyCow, Kung Pao!!

This is, hands down, my favorite chinese restaurant simply based on their vegetarian mock meat dishes.

The Vegetarian Orange Chicken and the Vegan Kung Pao Beef are TO-DIE-FOR. Admittedly, I've not tried many other items, because these are just so delicious I can't imagine another dish tasting any better.

-The Vegetarian Orange Chicken is excellently sweet and crunchy/chewy, but not too sweet.
-The Vegan Kung Pao Beef has a delicious assortment of vegetables, and the crunchy peanuts make it so delicious!! I actually love to take this dish home and eat it with A1 sauce,. the beef is so beef-like that it goes wonderfully with steak sauce.
Together, the beef dish and the chicken dish are a perfect pairing.

I have since moved away from Los Angeles, but this is a definite stop anytime I am in town. Cannot say enough good things about this restaurant.

The only negatives are that they also serve meat and that the dishes are a bit too expensive. However, the portions are generous, so dishes can last for a few meals.

I would rate this restaurant 5 'cows' but I can't, because it serves meat. (According to happycow's rules.)

Pros: DELICIOUS food, High quality to-go containers (eco), DELICIOUS FOOD!
Cons: They also serve meat, A little expensive (but well worth it)

Dear Owner and Manager of Kung Pao Bistro: