Kung Fu Plaza Restaurant

Serves meat, veg options available. Located in Las Vegas Chinatown. Has a vegetarian menu and some items can be made vegan upon request. Non smoking. Price: Moderate more-less
Chinese, Thai, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Delivery, Non-veg

First Review by mrsgarcia
whosmeggyn
whosmeggyn

• herbivore

Kung Fu, please never touch tofu ever again

1 Posted on 08 / 13 / 2011

I unfortunately attempted to consume their vegetarian pad thai, and I tried twice to like this.

The first time, I didn't specify steamed or regular tofu, which regular is fried. The whole time I ate it I was wondering if it was refried beans or tofu. Also, the noodles were not normal pad thai noodles and reminded me of when someone overcooks pasta and lets it sit for hours.

The second time I specified steamed tofu. I guess they thought I meant "steamed for 5 seconds and then thrown in". It tasted slimy and the seasoning could not make up for this [edit by staff].

Two strikes and you are out!

Pros: they had cool statues
Cons: price, it's really dark in there, do i really have to repeat myself? FOOD
Jack D
Jack D

Off the strip authentic Thai/chinese

3 Posted on 08 / 30 / 2009

Once you pass themuffler shops and strip joints, you enter a colorful street corner with vietnamese and Thai shops. The restauranis easy to find with a bright yellow illuminated sign. The staff is friendly and the usual Chinese quick and efficient service. The vegetarian menu still uses chicken stock or oyster sauces, sobe sure to tell your server you are vegan and want water As a base. Also if you deep fry be aware they use the same oil that they deep fried the chicken. We got the steamed vegetables in Mongolian sauce with tofu. It was pretty good but not great. Still, the decor was authenc Thai, with wood carvings and posters, and we had a good non-Vegasy time with very reasonable price ( about. A third the cost of th. Prior night at the Bellagio cafe

Pros: Lowcost, authentic, easy to find
Cons: Alittle tricky to get vegan options, Off the strip a few blocks, Not gourmet
crdavis714
crdavis714

A waste of money!

1 Posted on 04 / 24 / 2009

My sweetie and I ate here and the food was terrible! I ordered Pad Thai and the noodles were pasty and overcooked and the food lacked flavor. My honey ordered a bean curd dish and it was sooo nasty.

Pros: None
Cons: Nasty food
mrsgarcia
mrsgarcia

exceptional

4 Posted on 12 / 01 / 2007

My husband and I love this place and come to it about once a week. The service is just amazing very prompt. The vegetarian menu is mostly ovo-lacto but for the strict vegetarians like us they will adapt it for you provided you ask. Very clean and great portions for the price. I would highly recomend also if you should get delivery they are speedy. This is a must for those who like to check places out. I would highly recomend the tom yum tofu soup!

Pros: great service, delivers to some places, can adapt things to vegan
Cons: I haven't found any