Kuan Shih Yin Su Shih

Large, clean restaurant serving Taiwanese home-style fare accompanied by Buddhist music sometimes. Many dishes contain mock meat, and MSG is used. Complimentary tea. Menu has English and food photos. Staff speak some English. Address in Chinese is 台北民權東路2段29號. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Taiwanese, Banquet
29, Sec 2, Min Chuan East Road
Taipei, Taiwan
Now Open

Mon-Sun 10:00am-2:00pm, 5:00pm-9:00pm

First Review by vtraveller

good and friendly

Posted on 11 / 09 / 2012

I recommend this restaurant. Good food, friendly staff, decent prizes, nice surroundings, extensive menu.
One of the better ones is Taipei.

Pros: good food, good value, frienly staff

Just ok

Posted on 05 / 06 / 2012

I was excited to try this place and it looks like a good place to eat. I was happy to find a menu with English and photos, and a staff who spoke English as well.
Unfortunately the dishes I ordered contained MSG. The server realized this before and then let me re-order. Without MSG there are few options. If you don't like mock meats there are even less choices.
When my dish came out, it was not very special and the portion was quite small considering the $240nt price. Just not worth it. Otherwise not a bad place.

Pros: Nice ambiance
Cons: MSG, Expensive

Dear Owner and Manager of Kuan Shih Yin Su Shih: