Traditional Indian sweet shop serving a large selection sweets. Also has namkeems such as samosas, kachoris, and chanachur. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, Indian, Fast food, Take-out
B-15/42, Sonarpura (Sonarpura Crossing)
Varanasi, India
+91-542-2450777, 2451777

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by H
H
H

BEST SWEET SHOP IN ALL OF INDIA!!

Posted on 02 / 05 / 2013

OK, this isn't exactly a 'restaurant', BUT, it deserves special attention! This place really is the best sweet shop in all of India. They use only good quality, natural ingredients (no silver leafing) and have a huge variety of goodies to indulge with. I'm not much of a sweet-eater, but when I'm in Benares I GOTS to get my Ksheer Sagar fix almost daily!

Best/favorite items: Ras Malai (which is oh' so sublime), sweet curd (Dahi Meetha), Kheer Kadam, Cheena Payas, Ras Gola, Kheer Chamcham, Baikunth Bhog, and more and more...!

And their samosas are pretty much the only samosas I'll eat in India because I know they're clean and good quality - plus they're delicious! Everything Ksheer Sagar does is the best!

**Also, they have 3 other locations in Varanasi

Pros: ABSOLUTE BEST SWEET SHOP IN INDIA, Superb Quality & Consistency, Clean
Cons: Bit pricey, but whatever it's the best!

Dear Owner and Manager of Ksheer Sagar: