Serves meat, veg options available. Indian restaurant, has some vegetarian and vegan dishes. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Indian, Non-veg
4 Byron Place, Bristol, UK (The Triangle South Clifton)
Bristol, England BS8 1JT
0117-9276864

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by Bristol Vegetarian
Fruchtfledermaus05
Fruchtfledermaus05

Nice food, small portions

3 Posted on 06 / 08 / 2014

I liked that there were curries on the menu that you don't see in your standard Indian (it's South Indian rather than the more common North...), there were dishes with interesting ingredients like okra, mango and banana. I actually can't remember which dish I chose, but it was very tasty. However, I felt the portion sizes were on the small side (but I am a bit of a piggy), and the atmosphere in the place wasn't great; the staff weren't that friendly and it felt a bit cramped and dingy. All in all it wasn't a bad place, but there are so many Indian restaurants in Bristol, I probably wouldn't choose to come back here again...

Pros: Tasty food, unusual, interesting dishes
Cons: small portions, not great atmosphere
pillai
pillai
  • non-vegetarian

CRAP PLACE

1 Posted on 03 / 23 / 2010

The reception was less then welcoming, They didnt cater to everyone, specially if you are coloured, service was close to nothing. Food is no where close to authentic. went there because of the review, not recommended if you are looking for authentic tasting kerala cusine. Since it is not. Felt cheated with the bill of 10% service added without mentioning. The Toilets where Dirty, yucky!!!! very disappointed since i travelled all the way from leicester to bristol to eat in this resturant. Do not recommend it at all

marnia
marnia

authentic

4 Posted on 10 / 20 / 2008

This is the most indian place in Bristol, very good food for a very good price. They never used to automatically add on 10% service charge without saying though, thats a new thing and if it happens to me next time I go, i wont be going back.

Pros: Excellant food, good value, the real thing

Bristol Vegetarian
Bristol Vegetarian

Check Your Bill!

1 Posted on 10 / 02 / 2008

I'd endorse everything that previous reviewers have said about this South Indian restaurant. However, you need to be aware that they add 10% service to your total - without itemising it in any way. So it is only when you break down the bill you'll realise that your total is 10% more than it should be and there is no clue why. No words "10 Service" and no amount in the column. This is dishonest and misleading and probably results in them getting a hefty 20% tip. I've always added service without realising they've included it an a very underhand and hidden manner. I asked the waitor who became somewhat sheepish saying his boss told them to do it. I like the food but won't be going back.

Dear Owner and Manager of Krishna's Inn: