Krishna's Cuisine

Hare Krishna veggie food restaurant. Approximately 30 minutes walk from city center. Current location since 2009. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, International
Sørkedalsveien 10B (inside Colosseum shopping center)
Oslo, Norway 0369
+47-22606250

Open Mon-Fri 11-8pm, Sat 11am-7pm.

First Review by Stevie
Gudrun
Gudrun

Vegans: Not worth the detour

3 Posted on 11 / 30 / 2013

Once you know that Krishna's Cuisine is located inside the Colosseum shopping center it is quite easy to find. The place is modern, clean and spacious, with some discrete Indian-inspired decorations at the walls. The interior is down-to-earth, no frills.

I asked for a vegan dish and the only dish I could get was the vegetarian dish of the day minus the non-vegan ingredients. It was some type of curry with rice, a dal (lentil) soup, carrot salad and a papadum with tomato chutney. No dessert.

The papadum with tomato chutney was good (you can't go wrong with that I think), but I found the rest of the food quite bland. The vegetarian version of the dish included falafel with yogurt which would probably have made the dish more balanced, also tastewise. So probably the place is ok for vegetarians who are not into spicy food. As a vegan I found it quite disappointing since they are advertising they serve also for vegans. It is not that difficult to create a tasty, balanced vegan meal Indian-style...

Pros: free refill
Cons: bland food, poor vegan options
JanneMonsenTveit
JanneMonsenTveit

Good food

4 Posted on 11 / 26 / 2013

I haven't been there after going vegan, but as a vegetarian I loved the place. Great food! It should be noted that far from everything is vegan, but at least you'll get as much as you want of the vegan stuff if you're not vegetarian or omni.

I recommend this place.

Pros: Good value, Spicy, Friendly Staff
Cons: Not in the middle of Oslo, At a shopping center , Wish it was vegan
martemow
martemow

Not amazing, but good everyday food

3 Posted on 10 / 16 / 2012

I had dinne here with a friend of mine last week. First time for the both of us. We had the meal of the day. Rice, a bean/lentil casserole and a zucchini pancake. The food was OK. Not warm enough for my taste and it didn't taste much. Might just be unluck.

Not an amazing dinner, but the huge portions filled us up and I'll probably go back an other time.

Pros: big portions, cheap (for Norway), nice staff
Cons: food not served very warm, not very flavourfull
Amy1274
Amy1274

Worth the search

4 Posted on 08 / 22 / 2012

Trying to find this place was not fun...it's in the shopping centre! But the food was excellent, with plenty of choice in the inexpensive all-you-can-eat buffet. The atmosphere wasn't amazing, but I would definitely return for the food, especially the samosas!

Pros: cheap, vegan
cprisacariu
cprisacariu

Good food each time

5 Posted on 04 / 21 / 2012

The food is good and plenty (refill is encouraged). Price is as in other places in Oslo. Staff is friendly, though not much contact with them exists because this is a self-service place. This place is not in a closed cosy environment, but this is no problem for me. The place is just in front of a toys shop, so you will see lots of children around. The food is not too varied. One can buy weekly coupons for a cheaper price (this is what some regular customers do, from what I have noticed).

So, for a wonderfully tasty, full belly meal, just go and you will not be disappointed. If you want atmosphere and romance, go some place else.

Pros: good food, central, big portions
Cons: not closed enclosure, not varied recipes
arild
arild

Alright

3 Posted on 03 / 18 / 2012

This place is nice and relaxed. It's situated in a shopping center. But I guess those places need some extra good spirit, so I'm glad there is a veg restaurant there.
The soup was very salty, so I hope this was a slip in the kitchen. The main dish was nice, though.

Pros: Good price, OK food
Cons: A bit too salt
una
una

Not great at all!

2 Posted on 07 / 02 / 2009

I visited Krishnas Cuisine in 2008, and was disappointed. I've searched for vegetarian places to eat before I came to Oslo, and was looking forward to a good vegetarian meal. The food was of terrible quality (salad was dired and old, and the vegetables in the dish was bad). I did not get a resturant feeling at all, more like a school kitchen from the 70ties or something...

Cons: quality of the food, diverse menu
Hildatilda
Hildatilda

Excellent food

4 Posted on 04 / 17 / 2009

The restaurant moved to Colosseum shopping center and I think it lost a little of its soul by doing that. The food is still great though, the staff friendly as before and the prices are moderate for Oslo. They have soup, buffet of the day and also "all you can eat"-menues.

Pros: Excellent food, good value, friendly staff
Cons: Dull shopping center
premananda1382
premananda1382

Very Good Food at a good price

5 Posted on 05 / 06 / 2008

I like Krishna's Cuisine a lot. The food is really good. The staff are very friendly. They have nice small desserts and special drinks.

And the consciousness there is so nice!

I always leave feeling fulfilled and happy

Pros: Good food, good prices, friendly staff
Cons: not exactly in the centre of Oslo
matrosin
matrosin

nice

3 Posted on 03 / 02 / 2008

good food,really tasty, little bit expensiv. Service was friendly, perfectly spoken english.
really nice place

kamikazekid
kamikazekid

Pretty good food and lots of it

3 Posted on 10 / 11 / 2007

As with all buffet items that sits around for hours the food we had wasn't incredibly hot but it was pretty tasty and there was plenty of it! Restaurant's on the first floor so you get a pretty good view but it meant we had a bit of a hard time finding it - look up!!!

Pros: Pretty tasty food, Good size portions, Cheap (especially for Oslo)
Cons: Lukewarm
  • peasonearth peasonearth

Hi kamikazekid, I found your review helpful. Maybe I should invent some contraption to help keep buffet food from losing its quality.

Stevie
Stevie

Krishna's Cuisine, Oslo

5 Posted on 09 / 09 / 2006

I went to this place with a friend who enjoys being cynically non vegetarian who just came along for the walk. He had a quick taste of my food and then immediately got himself up to the counter the same meal for himself. I'm very grateful to the Hare Krishna restaurants around the world giving me an option of veg*n food; Of those restaurants this one is maybe the best I have been to. Recommended, top food.

Pros: Sensational food
Cons: Not city centre

Dear Owner and Manager of Krishna's Cuisine: