Long-time established vegetarian restaurant that's Hare Krishna affiliated. Colorful interior. Menu is in Spanish and English. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, International, Juice bar

First Review by Cassadamius
7j7ferreira7
7j7ferreira7

Expected a bit more...

3 Posted on 04 / 02 / 2014

This place is located in a very fancy area of Buenos Aires, Palermo neighborhood. Thus the high price is expected - I spent some 90 pesos in an indian dish.
However I also expected the food to be unbelievably good and the portion to be well served - given the salty price... and I was somehow disappointed. Don't go there if you're starving (which was my case). You'll leave there wanting more food.
It is a bit far away from the subway (Line D - Scalabrini Ortiz station is the closest), I don't think the 8 block walking plus bus or metro would pay off the visit if you're staying in areas such as the Microcentro.
The ambience and the staff are very nice though. It's all decorated with Indian/esoteric motives and it's very relaxing.

Pros: nice ambient, friendly staff
Cons: small portions, too far away, expensive
tobiassjosten
tobiassjosten

Decent lunch place

3 Posted on 03 / 13 / 2014

Very nice waitress, the food was a bit bland but okay, especially for that price. I'll probably drop by for lunch again if I'm in the neighborhood.

Pros: Good value for your money
Cons: Not too exciting food

Stevie
Stevie

Krishna Veggie Lunch, Buenos Aires

4 Posted on 02 / 05 / 2012

Despite the potentially misleading name, this place is open in the evenings as well as at lunch time. What isn't misleading from the name is that this place is a Hare Krishna eatery.

There's seats outside and 2 rooms inside one of which thankfully is airconed. There's a menu in English as well as Spanish. I went twice and on each occasion the person serving me didn't speak any English. I asked what was vegano and this seemed to be perfectly understood. The girl who served me 1st time in particular was very nice.

I asked about the thali and was told this could be adapted for vegans. It was pretty good and more than enough to fill me without the need for anything else. 2nd time I went I had the millet croquettes which were served with a pretty boring salad.

There's a standing charge for eating in of 6 pesos added to the tab. Even so this place was good value with the tahli being under 50 pessos. Location is in Palermo.

Pros: Vegan friendly
pradipd
pradipd

Beautiful ambience, average food

3 Posted on 12 / 08 / 2011

Krishna has a beautiful space, with low seating, recorded chant music, colorful setting, and a bright, light setting on a quiet street. The menu is ala carte and is not very extensive, and relies heavily on seitan and tofu. The 2 of us ordered the thali, kachori, empanada of the day and the millet croquet along with ginger lemonade. The lemonade was a small serving but very refreshing. The rest of the items, specially the empanadas and the kachori were on the bland side. Even though chutneys were provided as relish, we were not able to finish it all. For an inexpensive city for veg food like BA, the total bill was on the high side.

Pros: Ambience, Location
Cons: Bland, Value
MostlyVegUrbanite
MostlyVegUrbanite

Delicious Lunch

4 Posted on 06 / 17 / 2011

We ate outside on a beautiful sunny fall day and had a delicious lunch. The ginger lemonade is really good. I had their promotion of the day which was a vegetable mixture inside a doughy bowl topped with grated cheese. My boyfriend had their wraps.

The food was different from the usual Argentine fare and a refreshing and healthy meal!

Pros: healthy , unique food
Cons: tables outside a bit uncomfortable
VeganSoapDude
VeganSoapDude

We had a terrible experience

2 Posted on 07 / 16 / 2009

So we both love Indian food, and really wanted to check this place out. After spending a few hours trying to find it, we were ready to eat! When we entered the place, we were very excited, and were seated and brought a vegan dip which was very good. Then we told them that we were vegan, and they got a little weirded out. We asked them if they could make us something from the menu, but vegan, and they basically told us that the only vegan food they had was a salad. When I told them that if I wanted a salad, I could have eaten anywhere, they offered us a different salad. We told them that if the only vegan food a vegetarian restaurant could offer was a salad, than we would eat elsewhere, they sent us on our way. We ate at Bio instead, which is not far from here in a taxi.

Pros: Vegan dip
Cons: Staff, Apparantly no vegan food
Cassadamius
Cassadamius

go for the food and interior, not the wait staff

4 Posted on 08 / 13 / 2008

The food was pretty good. There was more than enough of a vegan selection and I had a tough time choosing. The interior is decorated in a pretty crazy fashion as noted in other reviews, but they forgot to mention the disco ball accompanying all of the religious imagery. Definitely a place I will not soon forget. The waiter was pretty rude, but the place was really busy and he was the only one working so maybe a little more forgivable.

Pros: interior design, food selection
Cons: waiter

Dear Owner and Manager of Krishna Veggie: