Kreation Organic Kafe

Serves meat, veg options available. Casual cafe, menu features breakfast omelets, vegan-friendly cold & hot tapas served with bread, and salads for lunch and dinner, in addition to organic coffee, teas, and beverages. Uses mostly local farmers market produce. Sidewalk seating and back patio community table. Prices moderate to slightly more expensive (for dinner). Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Catering, Non-veg

First Review by gr8vegan
cat1
cat1

Good

4 Posted on 06 / 17 / 2014

I like this place because the servers are nice, the vibe is good and the food is also good, I wouldn't go so far to say its great.. I think the nice thing is you can go with friends who don't necessarily like vegan food because they also serve meat.

Pros: good vibe , good food, good service
Chia
Chia

Good cold veggie tapas

3 Posted on 01 / 30 / 2012

I had read about this place on happycow, and have eaten here twice. Here's my Kreation Organic Kafe review.

When we were here last, the cafe was busy and we had to wait a little while for our food. We sat out on the sidewalk, in the shade and nicely situated next to a running water fountain that's part the business next door.

Kreations is located in the popular walking and shopping part of Montana Ave.

The menu is divided into breakfast, lunch, and dinner. For breakfast, it's mostly egg omelettes. The lunch and dinner menu, while has only a couple main meals that are vegan, has a couple salads suitable for vegans and many vegan tapas options. The sampler plates, either hot or cold, are good to try because you get a variety of the tapas on offer.

Hot tapas I liked: forbidden rice, quinoa, grilled, vegetables, spicy spinach.
Cold tapas I liked: hummus, babagnoush, bruchetta.

We were told that veg hot foods are cooked on the same grill as the meat ones. So, for strict vegetarians and vegans, it's best to stay with the cold tapas.

Overall, our meal was tasty and filling enough but a bit pricey. Fair choice when in the area.

Pros: convenient location, nice space, good cold tapas
Cons: same grill for veg & meat
Naan Cee
Naan Cee

"High End"

3 Posted on 06 / 26 / 2009

This place is very expensive for what you get. The decor is very nice and the food is fairly good. Had dinner with a friend and only went there b/c of a coupon. The waitor gave us a little grief for using the coupon (boo) but the bill was still steep! Maybe it was how we ordered. Go if you want to impress someone, I could see it as a cute date place b/c most veg friendly restaurants I've been to haven't been very big on decor and atmosphere.

Pros: decor
Cons: price
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

Vegan Tapas

3 Posted on 06 / 29 / 2008

This is a nice little place on Montana, which is great for people watching and walking around / shopping. Relaxed. Big negative is that while I was waiting for my vegan tapas the server was walking around with dead animal and put it in my face asking me if it was mine. I can't believe I avoided saying something obnoxious, but I'm glad I did. The tapas were tasty and we sat next to a Celeb. They have a nice community table in back. Open air. I'd definitely go here again. Nice to have some other options in a great location.
Note to restaurant... there is nothing organic about dead animals... its like shooting people with organic bullets.

Cons: meat

Dear Owner and Manager of Kreation Organic Kafe: