Vegan food restaurant in Münster, opened May 2013. Offers healthier food with items such as falafel sandwiches, soups, salads with warm toppings, cakes. Has coffee, free wi-fi. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, Western, German, Bakery, Take-out
Ludgeristrasse 62
Muenster, Germany 48143
+49-25174788117

Open Mon-Sat 11am-10pm, Sun 12-9pm.

• Cash only

First Review by amurleopard42
Teazer
Teazer

Best vegan location in Germany

5 Posted on 02 / 09 / 2014

Wow, it's so delicous! Best vegan food I ever had. Very friendly staff, fair prices, fresh food.

Pros: fresh, delicous food, very friendly, fair prices
Cons: no cons
Petesternz
Petesternz

Krawummel is Kra-YUM-mel

5 Posted on 01 / 04 / 2014

Yes, yes, yes, yes. How good is Krawummel? It's seriously vying for a place on my Top 10 list worldwide. I was recently near Muenster for a month and made three visits to Krawummel. All of them were fantastic. I didn't eat a single thing there that wasn't delicious. I had two phenomenal soups, a diner that really rocked, an amazing bulgur burger and several cupcakes. I love love love this place. It's delicious and a huge addition to the area. Well worth your time if you are anywhere near the area.

Only downside is that it's popularity outstrips its seating availability sometimes. You may have to wait to eat! Oops. Sorry, I'm a pretty fluent German speaker, and I forgot - the menu is only in English, though everything is fully vegan. Not sure how well the counter staff speak English, as I didn't try them.

Vegan since 1990
Vegan since 1990

Amazing and Fantastic Vegan Restaurant

5 Posted on 12 / 03 / 2013

Krawummel is a terrific vegan restaurant. My spouse and I went to Munster for the Christmas markets and found this restaurant listed on Happy Cow. We went and were so thrilled with the food, service, atmosphere and price that we at there three times in a day and a half.
The servers and Swen the owner were so friendly and accommodating. When we arrived the first time it was full and we asked about reservations. They said they would be happy to make reservations for us. Then a table opened up and we quickly grabbed it. I had a cupcake immediately since it is so hard to get wonderful vegan deserts usually. The vanilla raspberry cupcakes are superb. That night, when we returned I had the burger. It was delicious. Then my husband and I shared two cupcakes and a muffin. The chocolate raspberry muffins are amazing. The next day we had Belgian waffles with whip cream and berries (all vegan!) The wonderful thing is to know that you can have anything on the menu and it is vegan. Yahoo! When we left we had them pack up 12 muffins and 6 cupcakes. We will definitely return to Munster to eat at this restaurant.

Pros: Great vegan food, Great ambience, Reasonable prices

amurleopard42
amurleopard42

Krawee-krawah-krawummel

5 Posted on 11 / 16 / 2013

The weird but lovely name Krawummel holds an easy-going café with serious food and serious ethics. They're fully vegan, though this cannot be seen from the outside -- great for attracting unbiased non-veg*ans. The savoury part of the menu is displayed on a blackboard and contains salads, sandwiches, soups, lasagna, falafel, burger, potato wedges and more mouth-watering dishes. You simply order at the counter, get your food within a couple of minutes and then sit down somewhere -- that's not too common in this country. :) My dearie and I shared a spicy pumpkin soup, a falafel plate and wedges, and luckily left ample space for desert: yummy cherry-choc muffins and raspberry cupcakes, followed by a strong dark hot chocolate. Being hooked, we had to come back the next day, whose highlight was Belgian-style hot waffles with cherry compote and vegan cream. We're already looking for a pretext to get to Münster again, so we can have the next Krawummel feast.

Pros: Delicious savoury food, delicious sweet food, friendly and attentive staff
Cons: have no branch in Bremen yet :)

Dear Owner and Manager of Krawummel: