Serves meat, veg options available. Japanese food restaurant and sushi bar. Offers several veggie rolls. Closed Sunday. Price: Moderate more-less
Japanese, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
5577 Monroe St
Sylvania, Ohio 43650
419-882-8711

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by HyphenatedHappyCow
HyphenatedHappyCow
HyphenatedHappyCow

My First Sushi Experience

4 Posted on 06 / 07 / 2011

It was 1997. I was in my final year of college when a fellow student asked if I wanted to join her for sushi. Well, I had never experienced sushi, so I told her she would need to be my guide.

I had been to our local Japanese steak house a few times, but at this point sushi still meant "raw fish" to me. My friend was an excellent teacher, and I fell in love with the atmosphere, the kind waitress, the delicate stylings, the Asian music, and of course the amazing food.

I wish my friend had warned me more about the power of wasabi....

Now that I'm vegan, Koto Buki has been one of my regular stops. They have many vegan items on the menu, and the staff listens well to requests, questions, and concerns.

Pros: Great Food, Good Selection, Friendly Staff
Cons: Expensive

Dear Owner and Manager of Kotobuki: