Serves meat, veg options available. Small cafe offering small plates (aperitivo), coffee, and cakes in a very cozy atmosphere. Food is presented in glass case display. Cakes and coffee are soy milk and plant margarine based. Staff is able to explain about the food ingredients. Has Wi-Fi. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Italian, Kosher, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

andrea
andrea

Kosher rules

Posted on 12 / 19 / 2014

You have to realize that kosher means to keep milk products away from meat ones. So while there is no milk dairy, most kosher baked goods have eggs. They don't even count fish as "meat," so they sometimes serve fish in "vegetarian" kosher places. If you don't speak Italian, just be careful.

Topinambur
Topinambur

eggs...

Posted on 02 / 16 / 2014

Ho preso una cioccolata calda con panna vegetale ma non ho trovato dolci vegan, in tutti c'erano uova o miele. Forse per il pranzo ci sono piĆ¹ opzioni.

I had a chocolate with whipped cream but the sweets was with eggs or honey (no milk). Maybe more options for lunch.

TanjaOttesen
TanjaOttesen

Best coffee in the Ghetto & amazing vegan desserts

Posted on 09 / 23 / 2013

I recently spend a week in Rome and went back to Kosher Bistrot many times! Since the first visit in this cosy Bistrot in the middle of the Jewish Ghetto I felt very welcome and the staff was friendly and helpful and was able to explain in English all the different dishes they have on the menu.
One night I had dinner here and I was very satisfied with the different vegan options they could offer. Most of the days I enjoyed a good coffee and dessert. My favorite cake was their homemade almond pie which is served with vegan whipped cream, but all the dessert looks amazing. They are all vegan and made of soy milk and plant based margarine. If you ask for a cappuccino you can be sure it is soy milk as well. In my opinion they serve some of the best coffee I have tasted in Rome!
One more thing that I really enjoyed is the great location on the corner of the Piazza and you can choose to sit in shade or sun out side or you can sit inside on some high bar chairs. Service from the waitresses is fast.
I also appretiated the free wifi which is working great. Next time I go to Rome I will definitely come back!
Updated from previous review on Monday September 23, 2013

Pros: Wifi, Vegan Cakes, Friendly Atmosphere
Cons: Serves meat, Kosher oriented, not all vegan, Not open before 11am

Dear Owner and Manager of Kosher Bistrot Caffe: