Serves meat, veg options available. Restaurant and teahouse that offers some vegetarian food and vegan dishes. Small menu. Price: Moderate more-less
Korean, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Non-veg

saveur
saveur

Loved this place

4 Posted on 04 / 06 / 2014

While it isn't a vegan restaurant, the place is very vegan-friendly. The dishes are fresh and flavourful filled with vegetables. I recommend the bibimbap and rice medallion saute.

chrunchyAlien
chrunchyAlien

DELICIOUS!!!

4 Posted on 01 / 13 / 2014

If you like japanese and korean food you would love this restaurant.
They have many options for vegans and the stuff would change the menus!
They are very friendly.
I definetly agree with the priceperformance ratio (miso soup comes always free with a mainmenu

JCB
JCB

Healthy, fresh vegan options

4 Posted on 11 / 25 / 2013

My favorites are the Mix Mix with avocado and the spring rolls. But everything vegan that I have tried is good.

The wine and beer are affordable and the back deck with a view of the gardens across the street make it a pleasant place to dine.

Friendly, helpful staff.

sesk
sesk

• herbivore

Delicious And Friendly

4 Posted on 11 / 13 / 2013

The food is excellent and quick, and the staff was absolutely lovely! Lots of vegan options to choose from.

Pros: Delicious, Friendly, Lots Of Options
veganbritt
veganbritt

Love it!

4 Posted on 08 / 18 / 2012

Koriente has amazing food, at great prices. This is the perfect place for you to get your vegan fix, at the same time as pleasing your non-veg friends. The Noodle Garden is so good. Add tofu. It's worth it. The Shittake Tofu is great, too. If you add spice, it's pretty spicy. Love the complimentary miso soup. Can't wait to try the bubble tea.

Pros: Cheap, Great staff, Great food
Cons: Minimal Parking, Curries aren't vegan
Namaste2u
Namaste2u

Amazing food!

4 Posted on 06 / 15 / 2012

I come here whenever I want some healthy, fresh and tasty food! The tea is wonderful, the vegan miso soup is awesome, and the veg entrees are so good. They will make your soul smile! Very friendly staff also.

Pros: Healthy, Yummy, Family owned
mathimp
mathimp

Best Restaurant in Downtown Austin

4 Posted on 12 / 27 / 2010

I've never had a bad meal here. My favorite place downtown. And great to bring people who can't go without meat.

Pros: Food, Menu
Cons: Parking
Gamera
Gamera

Koriente is AWESOME!

4 Posted on 11 / 21 / 2010

I love Koriente! The staff is sweet and super knowledgeable about ingredients used. The menu is well labeled for us vegans. It may not be pages long, but they not only welcome substitutions in their dishes- they have *suggested* substitutions to get you started!

Vegan bubble teas, vegan miso soup, and the best rice in Austin make this one of my favorite restaurants for over 3 years!

Pros: Healthy, Delicious
Sonja
Sonja

Love It!

4 Posted on 09 / 18 / 2009

This is my go-to place when friends visit, or I'm going out with a group with mixed dietary needs/preferences. The menu offers a small selection, but almost all of the items are vegan. Basically, everything starts with a base of veggies and spices, and then you choose to leave it as is, or add tofu, a meat, or avocado. Plus, everything's fresh and wonderful.

*I recommend the Curry A w/ avocado, and the Japchei.

It's also my go-to when I'm having a bad day. The place is dimly lit, but casual . . . so it meets somewhere in between cozy cafe and romantic dinner. The decor is actually eclectic and quirky - not just weird like a lot of cafes that just don't quite get it.

They have a nice little tea selection too. And good beers (Blue Moon, Stella, XX) are all $2.50. The prices in general are great here. So you'll have a couple bucks extra to tip the staff, who are also great.

Pros: VERY VEGAN FRIENDLY, fresh & delish food for cheap, inviting atmosphere and staff
Cons: Parking - sometimes
frodotbaggins
frodotbaggins

• non-vegetarian

Bad taste, small, crowded, loud

1 Posted on 02 / 16 / 2009

This place left me so unimpressed I left my food sitting where it was. My steamed broccoli and carrots were... just bland steamed veggies, and the rice (and beef bulgogi), I left it where it was and didn't eat it.
I'm a pretty skinny dude, and this place was too small to move around in. Like, they tried to fit way too many tables in the joint for how big it is. I don't recommend you try going here, vegetarian or not.

Pros: downtown
Cons: bad taste, small, loud

Dear Owner and Manager of Koriente: