Vegan restaurant established in the fall of 2011 and is run by Bjoern Moschinski, known as the vegan head chef. Specializes in traditional German food with emphasis on presentation. Offers breakfast, lunch, dinner, and weekend brunch (served til 4pm). Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan, German, Beer/Wine
Linienstr 94
Berlin, Germany 10115
03043209775

Open Mon-Fri 11:30am-1am, Sat-Sun 10am-1am.

First Review by Take It Back
elrujo
elrujo

vegan traditional german food

2 Posted on 07 / 31 / 2014

if you like traditional german food , here you get the vegan version of it

it is ok , not the best taste , but all relative anyhow

location is alright

Pros: nice location
Cons: not best food
Veganissimo
Veganissimo

Fine dining at its best

5 Posted on 07 / 27 / 2014

My first time at a fine-dining restaurant and i was really thrilled.

Two course menu (26e) with main dish and dessert was the finest i've tasted so far during my time as a vegan. The wine fit well to the wholeness. A big plus for gluten-free possibility even if it was not originally in the menu.

Food was ready quite fast and there was always a waiter nearby if needed. Staff were friendly even if they didn't smile that much.

Compliments/ little presents from the kitchen made us to believe we were important.

Friday brunch (12e) was extraordinary as well. Large selection of different high-quality foods to devour as much as you wish. Well balanced between fresh and cooked dishes and about 70% gluten-free.

Pros: Ultra-professionally prepared dishes, Tidy outlook, Really good service
Cons: Cold drinks not included (even water)
acadiechick
acadiechick

Heavenly brunch

5 Posted on 07 / 23 / 2014

We went to Kopps for Sunday brunch. Wow, are we ever glad we did! For 12 EUR, you can fill up your plate as much as you want. There were sweet and savoury dishes on hand and everything was delicious.

Pros: Great food, Service, Atmosphere
tryn ny ty
tryn ny ty

so many options!

5 Posted on 07 / 12 / 2014

I visited on a Friday around 11:30am and was pleased to find the brunch buffet was being served allowing me to try so many different dishes. My favorites include the various salads/antipasti, the gulasch, the three hummus options and the tofu curry. The service was fabulous!

slukas19
slukas19

Over the top food experience!

5 Posted on 07 / 06 / 2014

My husband and I ate dinner at Kopps on July 5, 2014. It is very easy to find in the Mitte district. As it was a warm evening, we chose to sit outside. The waitress was friendly and attentive. I selected the "egg salad" and bread appetizer and the "baked chickpea with lentils entrée, while my husband had the 4-course fixed meal. Both exceeded our expectations. The food was beautifully presented, and served at a good pace. The "egg salad" was amazing: easily could fool diehard egg salad lovers. The bread was varied and very fresh. The "baked chickpea" entrée was actually a large chickpea "fritter" topped with smoky de puy lentils and the fritter was garnished with flash-fried snap peas and a "crème fraiche" sauce, and a "walnut puree" of some kind. It was out of this world. Fancy, high-end cooking, for sure. My husband started with a vegetable terraine, followed by a roasted cauliflower soup, stuffed tomatoes and a to die for dessert of various crèmes imaginatively presented in a little pot with passionfruit accents. The entire meal, with one beer and sparkling water was $69 Euros. Loved the ambience, and the service. We highly recommend.
Updated from previous review on Sunday July 06, 2014

Pros: Exceptionally creative dishes, Imaginative and compelling combinations , Great service

christopherjboyce
christopherjboyce

My non-vegan friend was impressed...and so was I

4 Posted on 07 / 03 / 2014

I ate here last night and literally dragged (he did kick and scream a bit) my non-vegan friend along. He was impressed (convinced he could taste beef in the Wellington) and so was I. Really fine restaurant - quite expensive but worth it I feel. Food was of good quality - fresh and well put together. I would have liked to have seen more nutritional balance across the meals though and perhaps the tastes could have been more interesting. Staff were very friendly and accommodating and the food came out at just the right speed giving a very calm and relaxed atmosphere and one where it felt good to spend an evening. Note I have updated this review owing to an experience at another similar restaurant in Berlin which has set a new standard for a 5 happy cows for me. So this although still great now gets a 4.
Updated from previous review on Monday June 30, 2014

Pros: Fresh quality produce, Good timinings, Friendly staff
Cons: Expensive, Not the best nutritional balance
xnawakx
xnawakx

Vegan Gastro

4 Posted on 06 / 11 / 2014

Nice place with a relaxed mood. The food is really nice and shows some great work on the taste. It's the only vegan "gastronomic" restaurant I ve been to and I ve never been disapointed. The only down point is the little bit expensive price but it's worth trying!

Pros: Gastronomic Food, Excellent Tastes
Cons: A Bit Expensive
Moti Azu
Moti Azu

Perfect!

5 Posted on 05 / 17 / 2014

Food is amazing, presentation is very tight. Service is professional and quick.
I wish I lived in berlin for places like this.

Pros: Genius food, Great service, Good price
Elisabeth_Vienne
Elisabeth_Vienne

Very stylish!

4 Posted on 05 / 05 / 2014

As we arrived I was positively surprised :) The restaurant is not so large as I expected, but very nice decorated, better said: very stylish! :)

The dishes we ordered tasted very good, but unfortunately the choice was very small. We wanted to eat for lunch and I've read that there is an extra menu card for dinner, but I've expected more different dishes for lunch anyway.

The staff was very friendly but the waiting time was a bit long.

But I would recommend it anyway to all who likes to eat in a stylish, calm and pleasant atmosphere :)

Pros: Good taste, good atmosphere
Cons: small choice
MitziTant
MitziTant

Amazing Brunch

5 Posted on 05 / 01 / 2014

Their brunch buffet is amazing. Several warm and cold, savory and sweet dishes, none if which taste all to vegan or 'soyish'.
The interior is cosy and the staff is friendly and helpful.

vegetariangirl
vegetariangirl

gorgeous gourmet

5 Posted on 04 / 11 / 2014

Wow! This vegan restaurant is amazing! We went early on a Friday 5:30pm and had no trouble getting a table with out a reservation. We had the innovative bread basket with faux egg salad. We had starters, mains and dessert and all was amazing. Good portion sizes. Pricier restaurant but trainable for the quality. I had the asparagus with hollandaise sauce and it just melted in my mouth. The desserts were creative and delicious.

poissonorange
poissonorange

delicious food

4 Posted on 04 / 09 / 2014

I've ordered one of their menu choice with starter-soup-mean meal-dessert. It was fantastic. The food was very delicious, original and esthetic. It was expensive, but i think it's worth it.

Pros: excellent food, original, friendly staff
Cons: expensive
VegiKitten
VegiKitten

Garbanzo tartar

5 Posted on 03 / 22 / 2014

Very fancy vegan bistro with a great atmosphere. Reservations are recommended.

The place was crowded but they were able to squeeze me in at the bar, since I came alone. I ordered the Garbanzo tartar appetizer and the almond gnocchi. Both were incredible. The tartar was spicy and tasted like tuna, the gnocchi just melted in your mouth. Some of the best vegan food I've ever had.

Service was very slow. Don't know if it was because I was seated at the bar. The couple next to me had slow service as well. The bartender was very pleasant but, my waiter was a bit pushy. He "reminded" me that the tip was not included in the bill.

A bit pricey but, you are paying for the creative menu and the atmosphere. An appetizer, one entree, mineral water and a cup of the hot cider was 30 Euro.

I'd would definitely go back but, this time make reservations and try not to get the same waiter.

Pros: Creative menu, Delicious food, Nice vibe
Cons: Slow service, Pricey, Pushy waiter
runsten
runsten

worth a visit or maybe not?

2 Posted on 02 / 14 / 2014

Updated review: lunch visit

Since I liked the restaurant I came back for their lunch. I have no idea what was going on today. Did I have bad luck or is it always like this???

I came pretty late for lunch, already it was 3.30 pm and there were not many customers there. Around another 10 people at maybe 4-5 tables. And at least 3 waiters running around to us, around 5 tables with 10 customers.

The daily lunch should usual come very quick but it could be good sign that it it took a long time to get it on the table because it means that they actually prepare after I ordered it. But I am not really sure....

The start was nice but it was only cold vegetables and bruscetta nicely put on a plate. Very nice, but it should not take 30 minutes before you are served the starter from the daily lunch menu?

Than I had to wait really long for the burger I ordered. The waiter even apologized and explained that they were really busy. Yes, I understand, but the restaurant was almost empty, it is already 4 pm and if you are already preparing for the diner customers, please get in more staff or close the restaurant earlier.

The burger looked ok, but no cheese and so little mayonnaise in it so I could not eat it because it was so dry. Add to this that I asked for something to drink. And some more mayonnaise after showing the waiter how little mayonnaise there as in the burger. I waited another 15 minutes for the extra mayonnaise but when it finally arrived the burger was cold and still nothing to drink.

They apologized again, said that I didn't have to pay for the burger and the drink, which was a nice gesture and I forgive them for this slow confusing service.

However, they forgot me again, not even asking if I would like to have something more or the bill. I reminded them that I from the begining ordered dessert but I was told it was too late to get any dessert! I left - really mad!!!

review fr 7 February
It is nice to find vegan restaurants aiming at giving you a nice meal in a more trendy and fashionable setting. I am truly tired of the Berliner trashy Burger bars or sloppy Vegan cafes so this is a good option for me and it is even better that they try to reach out to people who are not vegans or vegetarians but also to a wider cliental.

It is a bit slow but on the other hand, you want to spend some hours in a nice restaurant and it takes time to prepare quality meals. You come here to spend 2 -3 hours with friends, also having some drinks or glasses of wine.

Pros: creative food - yes, good service????, tasty food???
Cons: expensive or priceworthy? , wait for table - slow service, tend to forget you....
Rio93
Rio93

Best food ever!

5 Posted on 02 / 10 / 2014

My partner and I visited Kopps for our evening meal whilst in Berlin this weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it! The staff are lovely and attentive and go the extra mile to help you.

I had the sweet Lupine which was divine! My boyfriend who is not vegan had the Leek and lentil main which he also enjoyed. The food was presented beautifully and the flavours all complimented each other very well. The place is very professional.

For dessert I was recommended to have the 8 layer lava cake which was nice but the cream was not to my taste and I do wish I'd ordered the I love chocolate cake that my boyfriend had. But everything in both desserts complimented each other well.

It is slightly pricey but well worth it in terms of quality and quantity! When in Rome!

Pros: Attentive staff, Delicious, excellent quality food, Near to the City Center and attractions
Cons: Slightly expensive but worth it, Needed to ask for help reading menu
T0
T0

excellent

5 Posted on 02 / 01 / 2014

Great place for traditional German food. We where in a rush and therefor asked for takeaway. Staff was very friendly and helpful and offered us little snakes whilst waiting.
Food is great and certainly good for vegans, veggie or omni. So good place for any group.

OwlElixir
OwlElixir

excellent

5 Posted on 01 / 13 / 2014

Are here twice last week, service was friendly and the food great. Had tarts both times, they were fantastic. The soup starter was spicy, I really miss chilli. It's an attractive space in a great area.

Pros: food, service, price
marcbr
marcbr

Outstanding

5 Posted on 11 / 08 / 2013

Service, location and food really remarkable. Besides the regular menu, they offer a daily fresh menu which includes a starter, a main course and a dessert (+ a glass of water) for 10,50. Everything 100% vegan!
By both the quality and the atmosphere of the restaurant you would tell you are in a fancy expensive restaurant. Really advisable!

Pros: Food, Service, Price
ruaimhsheanta
ruaimhsheanta

Quisine instead of cookin, dining instead of eatin

5 Posted on 10 / 21 / 2013

Lots of guests during the evening.
The prices are on the high side, but..... the food is exquisite. As a vegan you can actually choose, because everything is vegan. For me that was a first!

The portions aren't that big, but very tasty.
The atmosphere is friendly and the waiters and waitresses are nice.
It's easy to find, and in the middle of the city. Even though we didn't make a reservation we could eat, and weren't rushed although our table was clearly reserved after us.
I took the rollade, my friend the gnocchi and we tasted each others meals: delicious. For desert I chose the three cheeses, my friend tried the 8 layers chocolate: same here, both tasty, mouthwateringly good. I expected 'hard' cheeses like 'Gouda' or 'Roquefort' (you know what I mean), but they were more like cheese spreads. The 8th layer of chocolate was served at the table by the waitress which made it an even more delightfull experience.

Pros: delicious food, easy to get to (by public transport), friendly staff
Cons: small portions, not very cheap
dicer
dicer

Perfect if you look for fine dining

5 Posted on 10 / 09 / 2013

Differentiates itself by caring about the smallest detail. Example: Waiter prepared the table besides us for new guests and took over 5 minutes to place the cutlery in a perfect position.
Gives you a rather upscale feeling and the prices certainly are. Don't expect to exit with less than 20-30Euros on your bill if you have a starter, soup and main.

Still, everyone is welcome! From people in suits to people in tattoos ;)

The food was very delicious! The egg salad with bread is simply amazing. I also recommend to try the pumpkin soup! Never expected the nice coconut twist!

Presentation of the food is perfect as well. I will definitely return once in a while. Not getting a regular because of the price though

Pros: Attention to detail, Taste is great
Cons: Pricey
pesek
pesek

Nice place, nice food

4 Posted on 08 / 23 / 2013

Overall rating: good! It was a very nice place and the food was delicious. Was told that this was kind of the best vegan place in the world, i didnt think so... It was great, but not the best. It also took very long just to order and the get the check, and the place was NOT very crowded at lunchtime when we were there.

Pros: great food, friendly staff, nice decor
Cons: took a long time to order and pay
KatieBatty
KatieBatty

Amazing food, limited menu

4 Posted on 08 / 23 / 2013

This is a very fancy, all vegan place. For drinks we had mango nectar which was lovely. I had the cheese plate which is amazing vegan cheese they make themselves. My partner and I shared the bread and egg salad as a starter which was AMAZING. My partner had the roasted potato dish which was very, very good. There is a bit of a limited menu and the mains aren't very substantial but it is very highly quality and well presented. For dessert we had a greek creamy thing with some berry sauce - it was a light, less sugary kind of dessert - could have used a little extra berry sauce for flavour. Overall a wonderful restaurant, fantastic decor and lovely waiter who spoke English. They have an English menu too.

Pros: Great food, English menu and English speaking waiter, All vegan
Cons: Limited menu, Food not very substantial
Muesli
Muesli

delicious and high quality

5 Posted on 08 / 21 / 2013

had lunch there which was not expensive in comparison to regular prizes - lunch menu around 9 Euros. and really delicious. just one thing: if you do not eat meat because you simply don't like the taste you should definitely not take any of the soy substitutes - my meat eating friend confirmed that the soy schnitzel tasted 100% like pork which was impressive but not what i enjoy... the other dishes (baked celery with mashed potatoes and tomato capers butter and oven potato with tzatziki) were amazing!!!

Stevie
Stevie

Kopps, Berlin

5 Posted on 08 / 18 / 2013

I had brunch here today. It was tremendous. 12.50 euro isn't the cheapest but it was great breadth of choice and quality. Drinks are extra. The service was great also, the girl who served us was terrific.

A great advert for vegan food, I'd be delighted to eat here again any time.

Pros: 100% vegan, Great food, Good service
Cons: Not for the most budget conscious
pronk420
pronk420

Snobby Staff, Unpleasant Experience

2 Posted on 08 / 11 / 2013

The staff made a big deal about us not having a reservation even though the restaurant was almost empty. They also made us feel bad for not ordering wine, and were generally snooty and unpleasant. We left because we felt uncomfortable. Not recommended if you want a relaxed dining experience.

Sussie
Sussie

beautiful food and atmosphere

5 Posted on 07 / 11 / 2013

We'd made a reservation because we'd heard it was a busy place, but it wasnt necessary at all as it was almost a little too empty.

We were welcomed by very friendly staff and were seated by a great table by the window. The decor of the restaurant in general was very cool and fancy and it felt great to go out to a more luxurious vegan restaurant for a change.

The food was excelent with new and interesting flavors and was so beautifully plated that we almost didn't want to ruin it by eating it. I was recomended the seaweed sallad and it was lovely and fresh, as was the risotto. We were a bit disappoited by the cordon bleu which did not have the same standard as the other dishes and felt a bit boring and like something we could have made at home ourselves. The desserts of candied watermelon and the cheese plate were fantastic.

All in all a great night at a lovely restaurant.

Pros: atmosphere, fancy, beautiful dishes
Cons: uneven quality, too warm inside
TimAnderson
TimAnderson

Fabulous Weekend Brunch Spot

5 Posted on 07 / 03 / 2013

Went to Kopps straight from the airport on a weekend trip to Berlin. The vegan brunch is fantastic. Quite a wide variety of choices in food and drink. Everything I had was delicious.

The atmosphere is cosmopolitan, upscale, and neat. On a nice day, which it was when I was there, you can sit outside or inside with the breeze blowing in from the open windows.

The staff at Kopps were friendly and very helpful too.

Pros: Friendly staff, Nice atmosphere, Great brunch
Jenerator
Jenerator

Disappointed by the menu offerings

3 Posted on 07 / 01 / 2013

I have soy, dairy, and gluten allergies, and the menu had nothing that contained none of the above (except a salad), which I found surprising for a veg restaurant. It was a lovely restaurant with an amazing staff, but the menu was limited as far as allergens.

Pros: great staff, lovely interior
Cons: allergen free not feasible
DanielAmaral
DanielAmaral

Great experience

5 Posted on 06 / 10 / 2013

Awesome place. Nice atmosphere and friendly staff. The place was crowded, but they managed to find us a table.

I had and pumpkin soup as a sample (for free) that was a surprise. It tasted really good and I guess that's how they spoil the clients.

The "egg salad" was very good also and the bread that came with it was just perfect. The main dish was still to come and I was already satisfied.

But then it came. A HUGE "Cordon Bleau" (see the picture) that was really good and was able to remind me of my meat-eating days. Me and my girlfriend got so full that we couldn't think of any desert to try. It was really nice and I would definitely come back to this place and try some other dishes.

Pros: delicious, huge portion
xeschx
xeschx

Gepflegt speisen

5 Posted on 04 / 27 / 2013

Bei diesem Restaurant stimmt einfach alles.
Es beginnt bei der Einrichtung, geht weiter mit dem Service und endet beim Wichtigsten, dem Essen.
Dieses war nicht nur sehr schmackhaft, sondern auch optisch sehr ansehnlich zubereitet, so dass sich neben dem Gaumen auch das Auge erfreute.
Man sollte allerdings wissen, dass es dort nicht primär darum geht, den Gast pappsatt zu entlassen, sondern ihm eine große kulinarische Freude zu bereiten.

Pros: delicious food, friendly staff, great interior
Cons: not cheap
pippipunk
pippipunk

Dissapointment

2 Posted on 04 / 21 / 2013

I've heard alot of people saying that the food at Kopps is excellant - but when me and my friends visited I found myself really dissapointed.

I orderd a ris-otto that did not taste of anything, composed of rice and some tomato. I paid 20 Euros for this main dish and a glass of vine. It rally was not worth the money.

My other friends had dishes that was slightly nicer - but no dish was delicious.

too bad!!

Pros: luxury feeling
Cons: no taste, expensive, not so good service.
vegan_ryan
vegan_ryan

Best brunch EVER

5 Posted on 02 / 28 / 2013

I went here on a Sunday for the vegan brunch. It was easily the best brunch I've ever had. The people I went with all agreed. We ate far more than we should have, just because we wanted to try everything on the buffet line.

Best meal in Europe, hands down.

Pros: All vegan, Best meal in Europe
goamiez
goamiez

toller brunch

5 Posted on 01 / 29 / 2013

also ich gehe super gerne zum brunch dorthin, da er sehr abwechslungsreich ist. es gibt warmes und kaltes, viele leckere salate. der brunch ist auch für omnis gut geeigent, da er eher rustikal ist und einem "normalen" brunch ähnelt.

bisher war ich nur einmal abends da, aber da hatte uns das essen nicht so gefallen.

LaurenHynde
LaurenHynde

meh...

2 Posted on 01 / 18 / 2013

Nice atmosphere, but the food was very greasy. All I wanted was a salad, but it still left me feeling greasy somehow.
The soup was a few microscopic veggies with oily, garlic-y broth poured over it.
Also, it would be nice to have more gluten free options.
Updated from previous review on Friday January 18, 2013

bhukit-tima
bhukit-tima

Phenomenal brunch

5 Posted on 01 / 05 / 2013

We went to Kopps for brunch two times now and it's a real recommendation!
For 12,50 EUR you get an all you can eat hot and cold buffet with huge selection of vegan only food. It's just great to have such an amazing range of vegan salads, sweet and hearty stuff, pickles, waffles, cake, bread, main dishes, ..... could go on.....
Friendly staff and cool atmosphere!

Gudrun
Gudrun

Wow!

5 Posted on 12 / 30 / 2012

Great, creative vegan gourmet kitchen. During my -so far - only visit I had a 4 course dinner. Really every single course was great, a phantastic combination of ingredients. I would not hesitate to take omnivores here as well in another subtle attempt to convince them to change they eating habits ;-) .

Very friendly service as well. When I called them up since I did not find the restaurant right away the guy on the phone figured I was close and came out to pick me up.

This place is already on my list for my next visit to Berlin... whenever that will be!

Pros: great food, creative kitchen, friendly service
ts_happycow
ts_happycow

Nice ambience and delicious food

5 Posted on 12 / 28 / 2012

It's always been absolutely delicious. Starters, main course or dessert, doesn't matter what I tried during my various visits everything was perfect and extremely yummi.

Pros: Essen, Ambiente
tmodeer
tmodeer

• herbivore

räuchertofu anyone?

2 Posted on 11 / 14 / 2012

We went here for brunch but were disappointed that almost all of the food featured the same smoked tofu and the rest were based on seitan. If you do not love these ingredients go somewhere else (for brunch). The cakes and pancakes were OK, but not more than that. The place is nice with a clean design, although a bit plain and not very cosy. I will not go back.

Pros: location
Cons: uninspired food
iheartar
iheartar

Excellent Vegan Gourmet!

5 Posted on 11 / 13 / 2012

On a rainy drizzly evening after sight-seeing, we managed to find this place. With a sumptuous atmosphere we felt a bit underdressed, but we were made to feel welcome nonetheless. I've read about the lackluster service of Berlin waitstaff in general, so I was pleasantly surprised to have some attentive and friendly service. The menu was small, but the choices we made were excellent; better to have a small menu with more attention given to each dish. This was definitely much more gourmet than the average vegan imbiss, so the prices reflect that, but it was not unreasonable at all considering how good the food was. Next time we're back to Berlin we'll definitely come again.

Pros: Well-prepared fresh food, friendly waitstaff, great presentation and atmosphere
Cons: Here lists 9am open time but it is 11am
jcberger
jcberger

Great traditional German (but vegan!) food!

5 Posted on 11 / 08 / 2012

Kopps is such a great value- creative, yummy food; awesome atmosphere; friendly service; and very moderate prices. It's an awesome way to get a taste of traditional German food without involving animals! I went with my vegetarian (skeptical of veganism) boyfriend and he absolutely loved it. Would definitely be suitable for omnivores as well.

The currywurst tasted like real hot dogs, and the rice pudding was to die for. I had to get the vegan cheese plate, which was a little pricey but very, very good.

Kopps is a must if you're visiting Berlin!

Pros: traditional German food, great food, great value
Cons: server's English not great
o0Carolyn0o
o0Carolyn0o

Tasty!

4 Posted on 10 / 31 / 2012

We didn't plan to go here, but after a photography exhibit we were quite hungry, so I used the happy cow app to see what was around. We arrived almost at the end of lunch, but the roulade was quite delicious, and for the price of about 8euros, the portion was just right. It included a small soup as well. I would definitely go back the next time in Berlin, as I can imagine it must be quite nice in the evening.

Pros: great sauces, perfectly cooked potatoes, price
Cons: I only had a chance to go once!
J-Veg
J-Veg

Nice restaurant

3 Posted on 10 / 28 / 2012

I've been here a few times and have had mixed experiences.

My first couple of visits were on a Saturday night and we had a fantastic meal in a great atmosphere and although the prices were a little higher than the average prices for Berlin, it was worth it. Although 100% vegan, this isn't explicitly advertised. On both occasions was a vegan interpretation of traditional German dishes and would have pleased any die-hard meat-eaters who happened to drop in for a meal, unaware of the vegan menu.

We also went for brunch once, which we found a little dissapointing. It was mainly bread and spreads (nothing special) with a few salad items, some baked beans and scrambled 'eggs' and some pancakes.

The last time we went, we didn't enjoy the meal at all. I took my parents and the food was unimaginative and bland. We were rather embarrassed so we didn't say anything and perhaps didn't give the waiting staff, who were very friendly and attentive, a fair chance to deal with the situation. We felt that although the food was reasonable, it certainly wasn't worth the high prices that they were charging. We also noticed that, despite it being a Saturday night, the restaurant was noticeably quieter compared to when we had last been - perhaps a sign.

Pros: Great location, Vegan traditional German meals
Cons: Quite pricey
Tara HD
Tara HD

Great food & family-friendly

5 Posted on 10 / 21 / 2012

I went there for brunch on a Sunday. We arrived at 10.30am without reservation and it was no problem getting a table. However, an hour later the place was completely packed.
The choice of vegan food was fantastic, the taste excellent. I absolutely loved the baked beans but liked everything else too. (I passed on the items which looked like meat though, which were few.)
The price for the brunch (€ 10,90 excluding beverages) seemed fair to me.

Update: I just went there again, this time for dinner. We were 8 people including 3 children who weren't very keen on trying something new. The waiter was incredibly nice and helpful to find something the children would like. The food was excellent.

Updated from previous review on Wednesday February 29, 2012

Pros: all vegan, excellent food, family-friendly
bushbaby
bushbaby

Solid Berlin style food!

5 Posted on 10 / 19 / 2012

There is a german term called "Hausmannskost" and when I turned vegan that was the the thing that irked me the most. I simply loved to eat hearty food laden with bacon and brown sauces. Excuse me! Then I discoverd Kopps and I knew this is the place to go when I deed to emulate my moms German cooking! I had a typical Berlin dish: Bouletten and Schmorgurken - a type of hamburger patty with cooked cucumber in cream sauce with mashed potatoes and my world was okay. I have no wont for meat, it is all possible. The egg salad is especially delicious and last time I was there they had a cordon bleu (the German would say "zum niederknien") worth worshipping. The portions are huge, if you order a starter you might want to opt on sharing a main course. There is an ample alkohol selection as well a cocktails - what more could one want. A great place to take even meat eaters, they'll love it!

I'd like to sum it up by mentioning the well trained staff - something you don't always get in Berlin.

Pros: Regional products, 100% vegan, friendly staff
Cons: pricey
mimyh
mimyh

Amazing place

5 Posted on 10 / 09 / 2012

Stayed in Berlin for three days on a Europe trip earlier this year, and were lucky enough to be a 15-20min walk from Kopps (was a highlight of our trip). My partner and I went there every morning for breakfast! The second time we convinced the rest of our friends to join us, and even thought half of them weren't veg they loved it also.
We found it to be very good value, and ate more than we really should have haha. Favorite things were the English breakfast (fantastic scrambled tofu) and the pancakes :) we also had a piece of, I believe 100% chocolate cake, that was probable the best cake I've had, ever.
The place is lovely, clean, and the waiter we had was helpful and friendly (also spoke perfect English).
I miss Berlin and this place, cant wait to go there again one day.

Pros: amazing vegan food - Good value, English menues available, Great service and interior
Cons: I live in australia :(
rippinkittin
rippinkittin

very good!

4 Posted on 10 / 07 / 2012

Nice atmosphere, posh place and cheerful waiters..and excellent food! I was really curious to try veganized german food and I liked it very much, despite the dishes are a bit too heavy for my tastes.. I struggled to finish everything!
We started with the breadbasket with vegan egg salad, really tasty. Then we had two soups (delicious), the truffle potato-leek strudel and the cordon bleu, both excellent.. we could finish there but we wanted to try a dessert, the Stribli..very good but nothing compared with the other things we ate.. I surely recommend it!

Pros: tasty, nice staff, big portions
Cantona1983
Cantona1983

ok but a bit overrated

3 Posted on 10 / 05 / 2012

after all those reviews and actually owning the owners cookbook - i was actually a bit disappointed by kopps.
we went there for lunchtime and the staff seemed a bit reluctant to serve us - the choice of food was ok but when we got the dishes, it seemed like we could have cooked it ourselves at home - which is generally not a problem, but when it is actually quite pricey for the amount of food, it's not so great.

SagarKShah
SagarKShah

Great place to vegan versions of German food

5 Posted on 09 / 23 / 2012

We had dinner at Kopps on a Monday night. We booked ahead, as we heard the place is often busy, but found that it wasn't that full when we arrived.

We were very keen to try as many german dishes as possible and had a bit of difficulty choosing between the different starters, and so opted to go for three mains between two us - sharing one of them as a starter. We went for the dumplings with mushrooms in a creamy sauce, stewed cucumber (with meatballs - called burgers and mashed potato), and the cordon bleu (chicken-style fake meat coated with bread crumbs and stuffed with peppers) with mash potatoes.

The dumpling dish was really delicious - and felt like an authentic german dish. The nature of the dish means it is quite hard for it to look beautiful on a plate, but there was a really pleasant mixture of flavours and textures. I think most vegans would enjoy this dish - including those who like fake-meat and those who don't.

The stewed cucumber dish looked very nice on the plate, and had a good mix of textures, and felt authentically german, but the flavours weren't to my liking (though think some may enjoy it). The sauce in which the cucumbers were cooked was quite sour. The meatballs (called burgers) contained a mix of what seemed to be smoked tofu and seitan pieces. The texture was very meaty - but I didn't enjoy them as much as many of the more common soya meats.

The Cordon Bleu dish was really tasty. The fake meat bit was really nice (tasted kind of like what I imagine a chicken schnitzel would taste like), the mash potatoes were really creamy, the gravy was delicious, and the other accompanying vegetables (carrot, shallots, spring onions) were cooked to perfection.

Staff were friendly and helpful, and guided us through the difficult decision of what to eat, though it sometimes took a little bit longer than we hoped to get served.

Overall, we were very happy with this experience, and think any veggie in Berlin wanting to get an authentic taste of German food should definitely give this place a try.

Pros: Nice Decor, Authentic German Style dishes, Good Value
Cons: Service can be a little slow
veg.dan
veg.dan

great!

5 Posted on 08 / 20 / 2012

Vegans, you'll love this place! Conveniently located around the corner from the apartment where we are staying and near Rosenthalen Platz, this restaurant has a chic atmosphere and good food. We were served a pepper soup complimentary and then had the dumplings with chantelles and fava beans and the cordon bleu. Both were tasty, good portions and animal free. Service was good. Wouldn't have minded some A/c after the warm day outside but can't complain considering. The herb tea and the brewed soda were refreshing too.

Pros: food, service, atmosphere
booklover84
booklover84

Great restaurant, tasy food, make sure you book!

5 Posted on 07 / 31 / 2012

Lovely restaurant in central Berlin with a good choice of food and alcohol and a nice ambience. My partner and I had spotted this on Happy Cow before our trip and made sure we visited, but we (stupidly) just showed up expecting to get a table on the evening - how wrong we were! The place was packed, and is obviously really popular with locals and tourists alike. However, the staff were very accommodating, and we were allowed to eat at one of the 'waiting area' tables, as we had looked so disappointed that they were fully booked! The food was delicious, and all the alcohol was also vegan. I would definitely recommend Kopp's to anyone visiting Berlin.

Pros: Tasty food, Large choice, Friendly staff
sglcklch
sglcklch

Good solid restaurant

4 Posted on 07 / 21 / 2012

Had dinner here on a Monday evening with my partner. I wasn't expecting a whole lot because it mainly serves German cuisine with a vegan twist and I've never been a big fan of German food to say the least. That our meal turned out quite good was a pleasant surprise.

Upon ordering, our waitress brought us some bread with an interesting dip that had the look and texture of egg salad. I was intrigued so I asked the staff. Turned out it was orzo pasta made with hummus. I thought it was creative although tasted bit bland. Then we had the steamed half artichoke heart topped with tomato-avocado salsa for starter. It was great but the salsa portion was a little scanty. We ordered two mains to share: the servietteknödel topped with chanterelle sauce and the cordon bleu. Both were tasty and came in a generous portion. To round off the evening we also had the mille feuille for dessert, which proved to be a disappointment. Wasn't quite what I had had in mind, it was basically two big globs of lemony whipped cream sandwiched between some kind of crackers. On the side there were some berries sitting on more globs of cream. That was it.

Both of us liked the setting and the decor, simple but detailed. Service was professional and cordial. We didn't have drinks and paid 42 Euro for our meal. Very reasonable.

P.S. We actually headed over to the ice cream shop next door after. They had a couple vegan flavors. I got the johannisbeere and really liked it. Check it out!

Pros: good value, nice decor, friendly service
Cons: weak dessert
vgXhc
vgXhc

Posh place with medium-food

3 Posted on 07 / 19 / 2012

My parents met the chef of this restaurant at some vegetarian expo and loved him, his food and his cookbook. Therefore they asked me to check out the restaurant when I visited Berlin this summer. Me, my partner, and a friend went there on a Tuesday night. We had made a reservation in advance (they have a neat online system for this) but the place wasn't too busy anyway. The location and atmosphere are definitely pretty posh, especially for a vegan restaurant. My partner order Serviettenknödel with chanterelle sauce, I order Maultaschen (a kind of giant German ravioli) with chanterelles, and our friend got some kind of vegetables on sculpted mashed potatoes (it had some fancy Italian name). My partner really liked her dish, and me and our friend agreed after trying it. My dish was medium: the Maultaschen didn't taste that great but they came with a very interesting side dish of greens. Our friend ended up with the worst meal: while the mashed potatoes were very tasty, the whole dish was just rather boring. In addition, all the portion sizes were on the small side. For dessert, we ordered coconut creme brulée with blueberries and tapioca to share which was excellent.

Overall I was a bit disappointed. Personally, I probably wouldn't go back there, as the money to value ratio just doesn't work for me. However, if you're looking for a vegan restaurant that is decidedly non-crunchy this is a good option.

Pros: nice atmosphere, good location
Cons: portion sizes small, pricier than the food justifies
slithers
slithers

Fancy

5 Posted on 07 / 15 / 2012

This was the most posh vegan place in my European vacation (the opposite of Yoyo Foodworld) and the food was quite good. I ended up going there twice in late May, once for lunch and once for late dinner. Both meals were good and the atmosphere was very nice. Waitstaff were friendly. My only complaint is that the selections are few, and, like many veg places in Germany at that time of year, prominently features at least one spargel-themed dish (I am not a fan of spargel, which is a kind of bland white asparagus).

Pros: good food, friendly, English-speaking staff, great atmosphere
Cons: few entrees
frontrunner
frontrunner

Lunch im Kopps

5 Posted on 07 / 11 / 2012

Everytime i am in berlin i try to have lunch in this cool vegan place. there is a choice of three daily courses as well as a fine à-la-carte selection. very creative and tasty for a very reasonable price.

micu
micu

WOW WOW WOW :D

5 Posted on 06 / 30 / 2012

This is the (still new) restaurant of the Berlin celebrity vegan chef Björn Moschinski.

The Kopps offers gourmet quality good plain German cuisine (gutbürgliches [deutsches] Essen), 100% vegan, 100% delicious, at quite acceptable prices. Totally nice, totally uBerlin. Without any doubt, it can be stated that the Kopps is one of the veg(etari)an metropolis Berlin highlights.

Pros: good plain German cuisine, quite acceptable prices, Nobel atmosphere
webkitten
webkitten

I will go every time I'm in Berlin

5 Posted on 05 / 04 / 2012

Love this place. I have been there twice as I have only been to Berlin twice! Sunday brunch was amazing. Make sure you have reservations- we were given a table for a later time when we arrived without one.

The buffet was great! Worth the wait to try veganized traditional German food. Very heavy fake meat/dairy though, which may turn some people off. I ate so much, it was fantastic.
Staff were rude, we never were asked about drinks or given water despite everyone else having it. Thankfully, the head chef sat us and he was a very happy man!

I went back again for a weekday lunch and had mushroom-walnut ravioli, my omni-partner had the daily special: a simple soup, salad, and pasta, and said it was the best meal he had in a long time. Service was much better this time.

Not cheap, but very affordable for the quality!

Pros: Delicious, Atmosphere, Traditional style German food
Cons: Staff can be rude
sarpatto
sarpatto

A fantastic night - great food and atmosphere

5 Posted on 05 / 02 / 2012

I went here last week with a large group, and the restaurant has a very modern feel about it. The tables were set very beautifully and it felt very classy.

There were two menus to choose from: the "daily" menu or the "weekly" menu. Everything looked delicious and it was difficult to choose. The drinks menu was also extensive. I decided on a main and a dessert, and both were very good.

I had a vegan cordon-bleu, and this was the first time I've eaten a mock-meat kind of dish since becoming vegan. It was completely delicious but a little bit strange to me because it reminded me so much of eating chicken. The mashed potatoes and sides were delicious. I had the apple "pancakes" for dessert, which looked nothing like I expected but tasted devine. You can see pictures of both of my meals in the pictures for this restaurant.

My sister had a chocolate mousse and she loved it - it looks pretty good, don't you think? My sister is also a vegan and she loved this restaurant, claiming it to be her "favourite restaurant in the world". The food and atmosphere were great. I wish we had the chance to return for breakfast too! Next time I'm in Germany, perhaps! :)

Pros: excellent food, seasonal menu, helpful staff
Elizabeth
Elizabeth

Great place

5 Posted on 04 / 11 / 2012

Wow, Kopps is wonderful. As we were visiting Germany we didn't know about calling ahead for reservations. Luckily, they sat us. The decor of Kopps is very nice. It is very stylish and yet comfortable. The service was really good. Our server was very pleasant and helped us with translation of the menu. Kopps is on the higher end of restaurants but it is well worth it. We ended up coming back the next day for breakfast....it was that good! If you live in Berlin or visiting, I recommend Kopps.

Pros: Excellent food, Helpful staff, good portions
estefinparis
estefinparis

German classics veganized

4 Posted on 01 / 10 / 2012

We had brunch at Kopps and were delighted with the great veganized versions of German classics such as Kartoffelsalat, Leberkase, Bohneneintopf, Rührei... Elegant atmosphere and adequate service. Very central location.

Samtheman12
Samtheman12

Super Place!

4 Posted on 01 / 07 / 2012

We ate dinner there last night and it was wonderful. When I called to make the reservation in the afternoon, I found the man on the other end quite rude- and then it turns out they lost our reservation but very luckily we were able to be seated.
But the evening staff were super. It was so refreshing to be in a place where people are friendly towards you, this rarely happens in Berlin Restaurants. The service was fantastic- never did we need anything or want anything that they hadn't already thought of.

The food was marvelous and the prices were very fair. The wine was great, the atmosphere was great- the techno/loungey music wasn't in our taste- but we had a wonderful evening and we can't recommend it enough.

Pros: Good Price, Big portions, Friendly Service
Cons: Lost our Reservation, Bad DJ
ekatuo
ekatuo

Exellent brunch

5 Posted on 12 / 29 / 2011

We had a Vegan brunch at Kopp's and were very pleasantly surprised since we found the place just by scrolling the neighborhood.
The food was excellent and there was a great variety to choose from. As they say on their web-pages there are many vegan versions of the German cousine as well as delicious fresh bread, soja yoghurt, muesli, fruit salad, pancakes etc. and various salads to choose from. The brunch cost around 10e per person.
We were very pleased so highly recommended. As the place is popular a reservation is a must; which can also be done online.

As someone noted this is not the place for raw food enthousiasts.

Pros: taste, variety, price
Cons: busy
norinora
norinora

Amazing plain fare with an elegant ambiance

5 Posted on 11 / 28 / 2011

I loved this place! I visited the new vegan restaurant in Berlin some weeks after they opened and I was thrilled. Like my non vegan friends who had this stupid prejudice that vegan food can't taste delicious. Visiting "Kopps" made them change their minds! I had a polish goulash which tasted very much like my childhood and grandma's food! The service is also good - just a bit too many people asking the same question. "Kopps" is not a cheap restaurant but quiet reasonable. The ambiance is elegant, something which you can't take for granted in vegan restaurants in Berlin!

Pros: Great food, Elegant ambience, Fair prices
Cons: No soup in the washing room, Forgot my reservation
wildfang
wildfang

Good breakfast

5 Posted on 11 / 15 / 2011

I tried the apple pancake breakfast with raw cane sugar and maple sirup (4,8€) and a milk coffee for 2,9€ and was very pleased even though the three pancakes where rather small. Interesting interior, very friendly staff, all vegan - excellent!

Bram
Bram

The only kop I like

5 Posted on 11 / 10 / 2011

in 8 words:
the best vegan place I have ever eaten!

some more:
Although I have never eaten fish or meat, but at least I now know how it should taste. I had a amazing tuna salad followed by filled grilled tofu rolls with classic potatoes and red cabbage (with great sauce!), really strange desert: cold Forrest fruits (sorbet/sauce like) with marzipan eggs on top. And I even forgot to mention the "egg"salad witch better than the real thing.

kopps has a great interior design and a nice atmosphere, I could sit there all night long. Don't forget asking for the wine list.

Pros: good food, big portions, affordable
Cons: i don't live in Berlin
animalena
animalena

one of Berlin's best vegan places!!

5 Posted on 10 / 20 / 2011

- amazing food (I had the "Gulasch")
- good selection of drinks
- very friendly staff
- affordable
- great interior design (stunning!)
- everything is well presented (food/drinks)
- clean
- I absolutely love everything about it!

Pros: great interior design, affordable, excellent food
bendufeu
bendufeu

Different

2 Posted on 10 / 10 / 2011

My last review was removed for no know reason but I will post as similar a review as I can remember:

The restaurant and staff were very nice, central easy to get to location, pretty good prices and large portion sizes.

However for a lifelong vegan the meal made me feel ill, It looked exactly like non vegan food, including scrambled egg and different types of meat. Supposedly the food tasted just like meat also. So if you are a new veggie/vegan and miss meat then this is most certainly the restaurant for you! However if the thought of non vegan foods is not pleasant to you then go somewhere else.

For me this was the worst meal of my life in a restaurant.

Pros: portions, restaurant, price
Cons: food like meat
rocktard
rocktard

Best vegan eats in Berlin

5 Posted on 09 / 20 / 2011

I have just enjoyed my second delightful evening at Kopps and was once again blown away by the flavorsome and unique menu, even though the full menu is yet to be available.
Each of the four courses in the pre-opening menu is delicious and this evening we had a shared starter of "egg" salad and bread that had our whole table fighting over the last scrapings and pondering the ingredients that could have made such an authentic egg flavour and texture.
I don't normally enjoy faux meat/egg products as I am too often dissapointed, however the staff at Kopps have worked some powerful magic and created dishes that will keep even the meatiest of eaters coming back for more.

Pros: Amazing food, Great service, Affordable
Kexe
Kexe

vegan food par excellence

5 Posted on 09 / 19 / 2011

perfect vegan meals, especially the "Roulade". Ive never eaten something like that before. Its a really good variety to the vegan fast food/ asian stuff. you should visit this place with ur omnivorous friends/ family.
if you love chocolate the "mousse au chocolate" is a MUST EAT. * highly recommended *

Take It Back
Take It Back

A place you can take your business partners to!

5 Posted on 09 / 18 / 2011

Yes! Berlin finally has a vegan restaurant you can take our parents and business partners to (besides La Mano Verde, of course): Kopps!

Clean, nice and compfy looking rooms with some interesting design details, a friendly and caring service, and - most important - Bjoern's unique and superior vegan specialities.

What more can you ask for?

Pros: great quality, great service, great design
Cons: none, seriously none, none at all

Dear Owner and Manager of Kopps: