Serves meat, veg options available. Previously all veg and before that not. A bohemian café that has grown out of its Bohemianism. Smoothies, teas, coffee drinks. Vegan options are limited, but many lacto-ovo vegetarian choices. Has wi-fi. Also a small store of Indian exports. Location (Andersonville) is in a calm, tree-lined, charming part of Chicago. Directions: Exit at the Berwyn stop on the Red Line (Dan Ryan), walk 5 blocks west from El station to Clark St. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, American, Non-veg
5317 N Clark St (Berwyn stop on the Red Line)
Chicago, Illinois 60640
773-989-5674

Open Mon-Thur 8am-11pm, Fri 8am-12am, Sat 9am-12am, Sun 10am-11pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by SynthVegan
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Many options for vegetarians, limited for vegans.

3 Posted on 03 / 16 / 2010

Kopi Travelers Café is a good place to go if you're a vegetarian, but if you're vegan, there very limited options. My first impression was that this place is a typical cafe and coffee house, what was interesting is that they had a mini store inside filled with travelers stuff and souvenirs. So I decided to get the bagel with hummus and veggies. Overall my meal was good and I loved how garlicky the hummus was. I wish they had more vegan options; I may be back if I'm in the area again.

Dear Owner and Manager of Kopi Cafe: