Komol Thai Restaurant

Serves meat, veg options available. Vegan friendly Thai food place east of the Las Vegas Strip. Has a specific and extensive vegetarian menu, and you could ask for brown rice instead of white without extra charge. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Thai, Take-out, Non-veg
953 E Sahara Ave (Commercial Ctr)
Las Vegas, Nevada 89104
702-731-6542

Open Mon-Sat 11am-10pm, Sun 12-10pm.

First Review by mrsgarcia
Nicoaliosis
Nicoaliosis

all time favorite thai!

4 Posted on 04 / 08 / 2014

Komol is one of my favorite places to eat! Best thai you can get this side of the pacific! You ask for a 10 and they give it to you! Other places try and not give you too much spice thinking you csmt handle it, not Komol. My favorite is the curry duck. But everything is great, the curries, tom kha.. the Thai tea is great but I had to ask for coconut milk in it as the "non-dairy" creamer actuly contains milk protein casien. They seemed confused when I asked but its better with coconut. And vegan. Great place for the whole fam or to bring omnivore friends.

Pros: delicious, nice atmosphere, lunch specials
Cons: service can be slow, serves meat
StevieAubuchon
StevieAubuchon

Delicious food, questionable service

2 Posted on 06 / 30 / 2013

This restaurant has some of the most delicious Thai food I've ever had and a large amount of vegan options. However, I haven't been back in a long while, mainly because the last few times I've been there it took forever for someone to come and take our order and even longer for the food to make it to the table. There were also a few times where it was uncomfortably warm inside. Maybe these problems have been resolved, and if so, I would definitely check it out again. The mushroom Tom Ka and Tom Yum are amazing.

Pros: Great food, Plenty of veg options
Cons: Slow service, Warm
alethea0623
alethea0623

Best thai in las vegas!

4 Posted on 03 / 04 / 2012

Komol has a meat menu and vegetarian. The soy shrimp salad is delicious and very spicy. I also had the mixed vegetables and tofu and had them add shrimp. It was so good. Very favorable and tasty. The wait staff is very nice. Plenty of seating. The soy chicken is not vegan but all other fake meats are.

Pros: Food, Portion size
Cons: Located in commercial center
whosmeggyn
whosmeggyn

• herbivore

Decent

3 Posted on 08 / 13 / 2011

Restaurant has a good atmosphere. The Tom Kha soup was wonderful. The vegan pad thai tasted like microwaved macaroni and cheese. The service was great.
But then again, it's in a bad part of town.

Pros: Soup, Atmosphere
Cons: Location, Pad Thai
garbagetreasure
garbagetreasure

Tastes Amazing, Smells Amazing, Is Amazing

3 Posted on 10 / 15 / 2010

I came from Los Angeles not to long ago, as a new Las Vegas resident. I was used to the fancy vegan/vegetarian restaurants in Southern California. So obviously I was looking for something to match up. This place is pretty sweet. Loved the soy duck curry and the pad-thai noodles with soy fish. The waitress was extremely nice and the people seemed very well-mannered.

Pros: quality cuisine, moderately low price, generous portions

maynard7
maynard7

Good food, but more Chinese than it is Thai

3 Posted on 05 / 02 / 2010

I had the Veggie Delight lunch special for $6.95. It came with a green salad with peanut dressing and fried spring roll. The main plate was mix of different veggies and tofu (basically a stir-fry) + white rice. The food was OK, but nothing to rave about. I wouldn't describe it as being Thai food; I would call it Asian or Chinese, but I didn't detect any Thai flavor at all. I overheard the staff talking Chinese, so I guess that's why. I have been to Thailand 3 times and I know what Thai food tastes like. The food just needed something extra like garlic or onion, as it wasn't that flavorful. The presentation was also lacking, as the food was just slopped on the plate, then a mound of rice followed, partially covering the stir-fry. Another part of the plate was just left empty. Service was nice and fast. This would be a good place if you are traveling with non-veggies since they have meat-containing foods as well. Once was probably enough for me.

Pros: Healthy food, Portion size good
Cons: Lacked flavor, Not "authentic Thai" as advertised
Shalex4
Shalex4

Best Thai Food!

4 Posted on 12 / 30 / 2009

My boyfriend and I went here not expecting much. We were supprised with the best Thai food experience we've ever had. I got Spicy Ground Gluten Noodle that was PERFECT! The sauce was really flavorful and the noodles were done just right. They had that slight charred flavor they get when they are cooked perfectly. My boyfriend got Vegetarian Pad-Zee-Euw that was just as good, but was a lot spicier even though we both got medium.
The highlight of the meal was actually the salad. I don't remember what it was called because its not on their website, but it had cashews, carrots, lemongrass, coconut, lime... and a few other things that I cant remember. The perfect salad.

Pros: Great food , Price , Lots of Vegan Options
SaraGale
SaraGale

Fantastic but not 100% veg

4 Posted on 07 / 25 / 2009

We love this place! It has a HUGE menu, with a ton of veggie options and is delicious, authentic Thai food. We specifically love that they have a vegetarian (no fish sauce) papaya salad. Service is hit and miss but overall we keep going back and everyone we bring here loves it!

serenacarey
serenacarey

Excellent Vegan Thai Food

4 Posted on 07 / 23 / 2009

Friendly service, great food! Every time I go back, they remember me. Great vegan soups and dishes. They now have a huge vegan menu with soy meats and they use raw sugar, not white. This is one of the best Thai places in town!

Pros: Great soup, Vegan food
Cons: Smaller portions, A little pricey
VegasVegan
VegasVegan

BEST CURRY ever w/ brown rice!

4 Posted on 07 / 21 / 2009

Vegan. Try the Veg Panaang Curry. I love curry and I finally found the BEST curry in town.
THe brown rice is the best I've ever had at a restaurant! #1 thai place to eat curry and DRUNKEN NOODLES! mmmm King and I still has the best (King and I fried rice, substitute tofu/veggies) pineapple fried rice.

Pros: Best brown rice, Vegan, BEST curry
sangiyer
sangiyer

LOVE IT!

4 Posted on 07 / 20 / 2009

We are regulars at Komol and LOVE their food. Everytime someone comes into town, we take them to Komol and it's always been a hit. Their Vegetarian menu is extensive and the dishes taste amazing. We love thier Tom Kha/Tom Yum soups, the soft spring rolls with soy chicken, the corn patties, pad thai, tofu chili mint, pad see yew, panang curry and of course that amazing house-made coconut ice cream with bits of jackfruit! Yum!!! And of course we love the friendly staff!

Pros: great food, authentic thai cuisine, knowledgeable staff
Cons: location
opticks
opticks

authentic original creative thai

4 Posted on 03 / 05 / 2009

Get the herbal salad, it will blow your mind. So many flavors! Also recommended, the papaya pad thai, there are no actual noodles just papaya so it's like a pad thai salad and it's absolutely delicious! Spicy gluten noodle is tasty, lots of gluten in there, the sauce is so amazing.

Leslie
Leslie

Some of the best Thai food in the world and the...

4 Posted on 11 / 30 / 2008

Some of the best Thai food in the world and the nicest people.
I just got back from Thailand. I have lived in Vegas for 12 years. I am a complete Thai food junkie. I have tried almost all the Thai restaurants in Vegas and all around Thailand and this is some of the BEST Thai food in the world! The curries are exceptional. My favs are the yellow, panang and green (in that order.) The orange tofu is a not so healthy, but sweet, tangy treat (I usually order extra sauce.) They have some of the best brown rice (1/2 from Thailand 1/2 is a brown almost wild rice mix) They have fake meat dishes, gluten and the whole nine.

Not too mention the people are some of the nicest, most generous people I've ever met!! Because the food is so good, I've have been eating at Komol for over 7 years. These people have treated me (and my friends!) like family.

It doesn't have the greatest ambience, but the owner (Chai) has been recently remodeling and adding touches here and there.

I promise you this food is wonderful.

Tisa
Tisa

Awesome!

4 Posted on 10 / 14 / 2008

My husband and I just came back from a trip to Las Vegas, and we were very excited to have found this place! It offers one of the most extensive vegan menus we've seen, and everything we ate was absolutely delicious! We ate there twice, and the service and meal was wonderful. We have no idea what everyone else is talking about with regard to the place being dirty. That was definitely not our experience.

We recommend the coconut soup with mixed veggies! And also try the soy chik'n nuggets! Mmmmmmmm!

We would confidently recommend this restaurant to any of our vegan and non-vegan friends.

Pros: Huge vegan selection, Great service
cgriffing
cgriffing

pretty good, for las vegas

3 Posted on 07 / 06 / 2008

This restaurant gets points for having a sizable vegetarian section of their menu. However, if you do not like MSG pay attention to the top of the menu which says you have to request it left out, otherwise they will add it. Service is friendly, but not necessarily prompt. The location is in the strangest strip mall you will ever encounter, and we get a kick out of getting to drive past the famous Green Door when trying to locate it. Be warned, this restaurant is not in a nice part of town, and is in an old, run-down building. Ceilings are low, and the facilities are not clean. Plates often have dried food stuck to them, and cups will have remnants of lipstick sometimes, and it smells funny overall inside, probably due to the age of the place. But the place does have character, and feels very "old Vegas" to me. We live in the city, and very rarely go here, because I prefer to eat in clean establishments that offer true vegan items (they do use white sugar). This basically will limit you to Go Raw Cafe, as Vegas has dismal offerings for vegans.

Pros: Meat free section of menu, decent food, friendly service
Cons: dirty restaurant, bad neighborhood, uses white sugar
stef42678
stef42678

Tasty Thai Cuisine

3 Posted on 05 / 14 / 2008

The Komol Restaurant offers both a vegetarian and nonvegetarian menu featuring great Thai cuisine. The nonvegetarian delights feature pork, won tons, shrimp satay and chicken and beef curries. I love the wide selection of vegetarian entrees like the fresh spring rolls and vegetarian satay. They have tofu soup and mushroom salad as well as tasty noodle and rice dishes. For entrees, try the Kang Ped which is a vegetable curry or the Kang Pa which is a delicious blend of zucchini, snow peas, carrots, mushroom and corn in a spicy red curry sauce with sweet coconut. These dishes are both flavorful and fresh and it is a great restaurant to visit for some tasty Thai cuisine.

Pros: Vegetarian Delights
girlkat
girlkat

LIES LIES LIES!

2 Posted on 03 / 19 / 2008

This place is far from being vegan or vegetarian. They DO use white sugar in their sweetened dishes as well as honey. Their food is good but its just too bad they refuse to grasp the concept of veganism. This place sometimes smells of raw sewage...they leave the sink water running in the ladies room as an attempt to minimize the smell but it doesn't work. Yuk, you just can't eat where it stinks! Don't forget to ask them to hold the msg if you are allergic.

Cons: dirty, not vegan, stinks
lizzymarine
lizzymarine

• raw

Amazing!

4 Posted on 03 / 17 / 2008

I had to take my non-vegan father out to dinner, and my non- vegan husband- Thai food it was. The place was a little hard to find- tucked away. I wasn't sure about until I met the ladies that worked there. Super Sweet- the best service I ever had. I ordered veggie rice! Yum and Kung Pao Tofu.. extra yum!! I would recommend to anyone! Especcially if you have veggie friends or a mixture of the two. Something for everyone! OO and try the coconut ice cream!

Pros: Excellent Service, big selection, Yummy Food
Cons: Location, a little greasy
veganvegas
veganvegas

Filthy and NOT Vegan as they advertise

1 Posted on 02 / 26 / 2008

These guys try to pull a fast one and say they offer Vegan food when they clearly do NOT! They also say they do not use MSG and this is also a blatant lie. (ask if you can watch them prep and cook meal)

Add to this that this place is FILTHY and if you complain owner says "we don't care, go somewhere else".

Cons: false advertiseing, filthy, poor customer service
mrsgarcia
mrsgarcia

good value

4 Posted on 09 / 17 / 2007

I really like this place when I have a thai craving as they have many lunch specials for the vegan/vegetarian crowd. I got the vegetarian pad thai no egg and no msg. Make sure you tell them exactually how you want your food cooked depending on your preference. I know alot of vegans don't eat white sugar and this place does use it in some foods as a sweetner. The home made coconut ice cream ( vegan) is delicious. I would recomend this place especially for the value.

Pros: lunch and dinner specials, knowledgeable staff, coconut "ice cream"
Cons: location, not all vegan, msg removed on request only

Dear Owner and Manager of Komol Thai Restaurant: