Komala Vilas Restaurant

Originally established in 1947. Offers both North and South Indian cuisine as well as Indian sweets. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, Indian, Indo-Chinese, Take-out
76-78 Serangoon Road, Little India
Central Singapore, Singapore

First Review by veggie
vagabond baker
vagabond baker

Absolutely Delicious!

Posted on 05 / 09 / 2014

Ate here a few times, the food is really good. Great dosas and thali meals. Friendly staff and a busy, bustling atmosphere. Highly recommended.

Pros: Inexpensive, Choice, Delicious
Cons: Too Busy Sometimes!
Pea
Pea

Brilliant Indian Experience

Posted on 09 / 01 / 2010

I love this place, a classic indian restaurant with all of my favourite dishes (masala dosas, brilliant samosas, banana leaf thalis, indian sweets and masala chai). The choice is great and the food consistently good. Also I love the feel, its always busy and full of Indians and very much reminds me of India. Highly reccomended. There are alot of other veg indian restaurants around but we always went back here. If you are new to Indian sweets order the gulab jamon. Thali dishes are approx $5-6 and everything else is cheaper. so great value

Pros: good price, great atmosphere, great food
bandita
bandita

Friendly staff and good, affordable food

Posted on 02 / 12 / 2008

Everything on the menu was new to me, so I asked for a recommendation. It was great. 1st tasty vegetarian meal I've had since I got here. Waitress also recommended a snack. It didn't have a name on the bag, but I wish it did because it was great! The whole meal didn't look very big, but it was very fullfilling. I had enough left overs to take with me for a snack later. Good deal. And very convenient location (right next to MRT).

veggie
veggie

Good fun

Posted on 07 / 14 / 2007

Agree with most of the comments already made. This is a cheap, basic restaurant but don't let that put you off.

The staff are friendly, like one of the other reviewers I've been in with a pram and it was no problem. I'm western, and everybody was happy to help offering advice etc.

It is the usual form here to eat with your (right) hand, but implements are available. Overall, I'd say give it a go!

Pros: Food, Price, Experience
Guest
Guest

a nice restaurant to eat in

Posted on 06 / 23 / 2007

went with my friends for threading and we pop in to komala. like the restaurant alot as its vegetarian. the dishes tastes great too, with many spices and herbs. there's alot of savory and sweet delicacies to choose from if you wanna pack some home for your family~!!

Pros: clean, healthy cuisine, cheap
Cons: the toilet

Dear Owner and Manager of Komala Vilas Restaurant: