Vegetarian cafe with a couple of vegan options. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto

First Review by Petesternz
AllyG
AllyG

Limited or no choice for gluten free

2 Posted on 02 / 18 / 2014

This is a great café if you are vegetarian or vegan, but not so good if you are gluten intolerant.
Both times I've been here, I walked out without buying anything. My choices if I were to have g.f were both vegetarian with eggs and cheese.
It would be good to have at least one time in the cabinet that is g.f.

Pros: Good Coffee, Central Location in Grey Lynn
Cons: Not many if any, gluten free option, Parking can be hard
Petesternz
Petesternz

Nice place with solid vegan options

4 Posted on 06 / 22 / 2013

I have always been a fan of Kokako - since its first incarnation in Parnell. It has now moved to a bigger space in Grey Lynn and I'm still a fan - mostly. Their coffee is delicious and they have vegan hot chocolate too. They also have carefully marked vegan wraps, but they have removed some of their yummier vegan options - like curried scrambled tofu - from the menu. We still managed to find some good vegan muffins and a lovely oatmeal/porridge, but they no longer go out of their way to mark options for vegans as they once did. Vegetarians will have a field day here, and there is enough for vegans to get by, especially if you like wraps. Smoothies and coffees are a plus here too.

Pros: Cute place
Cons: Labelling erratic

Dear Owner and Manager of Kokako: