A vegan and organic cafe offering savory options for breakfast and lunch and sweets for the afternoon (cinnamon rolls, muffins, brownies). Cozy atmosphere, opened Mar 2014. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, Western, Bakery
Haarlemmerweg 175
Amsterdam, Netherlands 1051
0207372731

Open Tue-Fri 9:30am-5:30pm, Sat 10am-5pm.

First Review by BrusselSprout
Gudrun
Gudrun

Nice + cozy

4 Posted on 08 / 31 / 2014

A wonderful, small, all-vegan coffeehouse. I didn't have a chance to taste the savory options yet, but the sweet ones I had so far - like the cinnamon role with coconut butter - were really good. The place is nice and cozy and the staff very friendly. I guess I need to get back soon to try the other options!

Pros: good food, cozy atmosphere, friendly staff
Ahleih
Ahleih

Amazing

5 Posted on 08 / 27 / 2014

There are only a few vegan places in Amsterdam, and even fewer cafés. This place is amazing.

We had a latte, a "smoky one" sandwich with tofu and vegan mayo, and a tomato tapenade sandwich. Everything was perfect.

The barista even recommended some places for us to check out in the city for dinner and lunch!

Pros: Entirely vegan, Delicious food and drink, Wifi
Cons: The electric plugs far from the seating area, and
JonJon
JonJon

Amazing vegan place!

5 Posted on 08 / 24 / 2014

We had breakfast in this small cute vegan café. The place is nice, the staff is friendly and helpful. You feel good in there. We took a vegan cappuccino and a chai latte. Both were nice and accompanied of a coconut biscuit. We then took the yogurt with granola: amazingly creamy (like real cream cheese)!, some bread with aioli, tapenade, olives and oil (very nice!), a croissant (just cooked) with jam and coconut butter and a "petit four de l'amour". Everything was delicious with generous portions. We also took away some of their sandwiches: they were great too!

I really loved that place. It could be nice to have the same more close to the city center.

Pros: all vegan and great food, friendly staff, nice place
Cons: location (far from the city center)

annette
annette

Delicious Traditional Dutch tea house

5 Posted on 08 / 21 / 2014

What a wonderful traditional dutch tea house/cafe...everything on the menu was vegan. We only had afternoon tea here... I had a chai latte and my husband hot chocolate. Both came with a lovely biscuit on the side. I had the vegan chocolate/nut cake which was rich, creamy & delicious. We look forward to going back again for lunch. The cafe is opposite lovely Westerpark.

Pros: Traditional Dutch warm atmosphere, Well presented, delicious cakes, Owner very welcoming, and friendly
dropscone
dropscone

hooray for vegan tiny biscuits!!

5 Posted on 08 / 17 / 2014

Throughout my holiday in Amsterdam last week I had to hand over the little biscuits that came with my coffee. I was thrilled to go to this place where I could finally steal the one that came with my boyfriend's drink instead, and it was delicious. And then the owner brought him another one and he said it was far better than any of the other little biscuits :)

We started by having the smoked tofu sandwich with pickled vegetables, which was quite drippy from the dressing but tasted very nice. It was maybe a little highly-priced for what it was but it's all organic and locally produced bread so I guess you pay for that.

I was very pleased with the beautiful apple pie we shared (which had some other fruit in as well, but apple was the main flavour), and the brownie was suitably rich and delicious.

Like a previous reviewer, our debit cards did not work, however the owner said it was okay for us to pay cash, so that was a bit awkward but okay in the end. She also let us try the test results of a spinach pie recipe she was working on, which I thought would make an excellent addition to the high tea offering.

We really enjoyed our visit and then had a lovely stroll around the park opposite to work off some calories!

Pros: Lovely cakes, Friendly owner, Nicely decorated
Cons: Says only accepts card payment
Joloco
Joloco

Lovely little café

5 Posted on 06 / 07 / 2014

Visited in May 2014 for lunch. Lovely, nicely-decorated small place with a good range of coffees, teas, a few savouries, and cakes.

It was really nice how much care the woman working put into everything. The food was a bit slow to arrive, but when it did it was clear why - the food was really well presented, very pretty with nice garnishes, etc., especially the tasty polenta quiche, and sticky chocolate brownie. The cinnamon roll with blueberries and coconut oil was wonderful!

Only down-side is that they only accept cards, no cash. Though if your card doesn't work for some reason, as our British cards failed to work, they were fine about this and accepted cash.

One great thing for us is that they have Fentimans drinks in stock! Living in Berlin, we still haven't discovered where to buy them, so we were very pleased to see them available here. Only downside is that they had no Dandelion and Burdock, but the Cherry Tree Cola is more than good enough :)

Pros: vegan cinnamon rolls, nicely decorated, friendly service
v_mdj
v_mdj

Great tiramisu cake!

5 Posted on 05 / 04 / 2014

Very nice lunch/tea room. Cozy, friendly and the food is great. Everything we had tasted good, the tiramichai (tiramisu cake with chai) was the best cake I ate since I visited Berlin a year ago. I certainly will come back.

Pros: Great cakes!, Cozy
BrusselSprout
BrusselSprout

Delicious

5 Posted on 04 / 18 / 2014

I am so happy to be the first person to review this place. I went there this morning, and had a deliciously fresh sandwich of smoked tofu, home-picked vegetables and vegan mayo.
Polenta quiche was also fantastic, so light and flavoursome, completely changed my mind about polenta...
The fennel, apple, lemon and mint juce was also delicious. A real revelation.
Amazing selection of vegan pastries. Settled on a cinnamon swirl, which was perfectly sticky, sweet and cinnamony.
Decor is nice and cosy.

Pros: Delicious, Friendly, Stylish decor
Cons: Service could get quicker

Dear Owner and Manager of Koffie ende Koeck: