A small restaurant offering Artisanal Mexican food with an abundance of organic ingredients. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Mexican, Artisanal

Freegan Reich
Freegan Reich

The gem of Cholula!

Posted on 01 / 06 / 2015

Absolutely wonderful find! I was served by a young kid named "Jade" who was practicing her English with me and it was super cute. It is very close to Cholula's pyramid with the church on top. They graciously made food when a friend and I came in right before closing and as well they serve pulque which I had totally wanted to try. This is a definitely Mexican hippie-vibe type of place, and they completely understood veganism and catered to me. Excellent experience! Note: they also sell handicrafts as well as Mexican DVDs.

Pros: beautiful building, beautiful staff , earthy mexican hippieness, they serve yummy juice!
Cons: maybe hard to find, look for the sign, closes early
Pam Riley
Pam Riley

Great find!

Posted on 04 / 21 / 2011

We were thrilled to come across this wonderful little restaurant; nothing else in Cholula compares. The artfully prepared traditional cuisine is delicious and uses fresh, local ingredients. The manager, Israel, is very friendly and happy to make recommendations. He is an exponent of "slow food" and healthy eating. He creates complex and tasty moles and salsas. We ate here three times and without exception everything was delicious.

Pros: excellent food, healthy options, creative
Cons: limited hours

Dear Owner and Manager of Koatlikue Pachamama: