Shop carries a selection of vegetarian and vegan products, including vitamins and supplements. more-less
Olav Kyrres gt 47
Bergen, Norway 5015
+47-55325558

Open Mon-Wed 7:30am-5pm, Thur 7:30am-7pm, Fri 7:30am-5pm, Sat 9am-4pm.

First Review by brenk
MCap88
MCap88

my rescue!

5 Posted on 07 / 30 / 2014

found Kinsarvik here on happycow , and i'm glad i did!
i took a lot of vegan food with me went to norway but, there aren't a lot of vegan options in bergen. So i'm happy i got to know the store so i could do my groceries there!
it's a nice shop with a lot of choices!

Pros: a lot of choice, cosy
_norvegan
_norvegan

Lots of meatless options for vegans

5 Posted on 07 / 14 / 2014

I love Kinsarvik, it's got a good selection of vegan products and that's quite rare in Norway. Love that they've got lots of vegan Anamma, Fry's, Linda McCartney etc. It's pricey, but that's Norway for you
Updated from previous review on Monday July 14, 2014

Pros: Great selection of vegan food, Friendly staff, Basically in the city centre
Cons: Pricey
siljebergen
siljebergen

Where the local vegans go

4 Posted on 06 / 02 / 2014

I have been going to this store for about 15 years. It's an institution in Bergen and pretty well-known in all of Norway (among veg*ns that is). They are expensive, yes even by Norwegian standards, but they have items no-one else carries so they are able to do so. They have ecological and locally produced fruit and vegetables, gluten free foods (mostly frozen...) and plenty of fake meat as well as nuts, seeds, skincare products. They also have a section for bodybuilders, though that is mostly whey-based so ok for vegetarians but not vegans - they do carry a vegan one though. All in all I love this store because I can get soy products in town, all kinds of gluten free flours etc. Being a vegan and gluten free is always a problem (seitan get away from me!) and sadly, out of all the 10+ sausages they have none are gluten free. Some options are there though, and good marinated tofu for cooking. They have some non-dairy cheese too although not the best. When it comes to buying tofu regularly, you will find it a lot cheaper in asian stores, my favourite being at danmarks plass.

Pros: Large selection of veg*an items, Allergy-friendly goods, Has .. everything
Cons: Expensive, Items not always priced, Most veg items contani seitan
Niels
Niels

Great selection

4 Posted on 07 / 01 / 2011

Great shop with vegan ice cream and burgers etc. I found this to be the perfect place to buy food for my travels in the country (where you won't find any tofu or something like it).

chrystanthem
chrystanthem

my home store

5 Posted on 01 / 21 / 2011

I visit kinsarvik frequently to buy dried fruits, organic nuts, nut butters, beans, tea and organic veggies. They also stock lots of mock-meats, tofu, ready meals, supplements, raw snacks, vegan chocolate and spreads.

I love this store, but some of the products are expensive, so watch your money! It's easy to go overboard...

Pros: well stocked, organic
Cons: ssome high prices

brenk
brenk

Awesome place.

4 Posted on 09 / 02 / 2010

I went to this store when I visited Bergen about three weeks ago and it was great. Kinsarvik had a large range of vegan and organic foods from fake meats to frozen vegan ice cream. They also had a bunch of other natural items from vitamins to snack bars to care products. Kinsarvik had a lot of vegan products I haven't seen before that were amazing. If you're traveling this is a great place to stock up on some vegan or organic snacks or grab some supplies for a nice picnic on one of the fjord tours. If you're lucky enough to live by this store it has pretty much all of your basic needs. Wish I had one of these back home.

Pros: Great Food, Good Value
Cons: Closes early

Dear Owner and Manager of Kinsarvik: