Serves meat, veg options available. A cafe with some vegan offerings including chia seed pudding, breakfast garden tofu scramble, vegan "tuna" melt, veggie burger, and a veggie sandwich. Located directly across from Whole Foods Market. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Non-veg
1523 N Kingsbury St
Chicago, Illinois 60642
312-280-1718

Open Mon-Tue 8am-3pm, Wed-Fri 8am-9pm, Sat 9 am-9pm, Sun 9am-3pm.

First Review by SynthVegan
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Kingsbury Street Cafe

4 Posted on 04 / 21 / 2012

Brunch? Vegan options? Yes please! Kingsbury Cafe is a great brunch spot and the wait is indicative of this, be prepared to wait 30-60 minutes. When seated I couldn't help but notice how "modern sleek" the restaurant was, reminiscent of Karyn's on Green. After I ordered my tofu scramble, my bf pointed out the vegan chia seed breakfast pudding on the menu. Curiosity made me order it as well and it did not disappoint. The chia pudding was topped with delicious fruit and we were given light agave nectar to pour atop it as well. I loved it so much that I took it upon myself to learn how to make it at home, yum! The tofu scramble was also really good, among one of the better tofu scrambles in town. My bf and I will definitely be back, but the wait can be overwhelming. P.S. They also have vegan options on the dinner menu.

Dear Owner and Manager of Kingsbury Street Cafe: