King Solomon's Reef Cafe an...

Serves meat, veg options available. A local hang-out with a jukebox, Ms Pac-Man, Galaga and Frogger arcade games. Breakfast is served all day. Veg include buffalo tempeh sandwich with house-made vegan ranch, house-made veggie burgers (vegetarian), tempeh hash (vegan), chicken fried tofu burger (vegan), sesame tofu sandwich (vegan), chicken fried tofu strips (vegan) and has vegan pie. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

StarbuckShell
StarbuckShell

my go to for diner food

Posted on 12 / 09 / 2014

This is my third time here. I've had the tempeh hash and now the "chicken-fried" tofu sandwich. Very happy. I will try all their vegan dishes.

NIBsmf
NIBsmf

Not as many vegan options as I had hoped

Posted on 08 / 04 / 2014

Food: 7. I had thought I saw on their website before going there that they had vegan cheese, but I was told by the waiter that they do not. That took away my hopes of having chili cheese fries. I did get chili on my fries, and that turned out pretty good. I got a chicken-fried tofu sandwich with ranch dressing, and that was pretty good as well. There were 2 vegan pies available, and I liked the mixed berry that I ended up with. My boyfriend also liked his food. Even though there are some good vegan options, there are only really a handful of vegan options in general.

Prices: 8. Decent for the portions served and the quality it is.

Atmosphere: 7. Cute diner feel, but a bit worn out looking.

Staff: 6. Sorta slow (e.g. we sat there after having finished our food for quite a while waiting for the check, and the waiter was too busy talking and doing other things to look over at us) and not particularly friendly or helpful.

Pros: Vegan options were tasty, Vegan comfort food
Cons: Not a lot of vegan options
WillowNicole
WillowNicole

new favorite place in Oly!

Posted on 09 / 02 / 2013

Love everything about this place. So much so I registered so I could write a review. It's clean, the atmosphere is friendly and welcoming and the food is phenomenal. I got the "chicken fried" tofu burger with a side of fries. Their fries are crisp and full of flavor, I didn't even need sauce. The tofu breading was crisp, peppery and delicious and the tofu inside was a perfect texture. The vegan herb sauce on top was a great touch. My wife got their fish chips and it was also great. The breading was more like a catfish breading with great flavor and crunch. The fish was Halibut and was full of flavor just on its on. Their coleslaw was sweet and vinegar-y and a great side with the fish and fries. They were pretty busy (lunchish time on Labor Day) and the service was prompt and nice. There is seriously nothing to complain about. Amazing! Can't wait to be back.

Pros: good food, clean, good service

vegemight
vegemight

Chicken-fried tofu, among other oddities

Posted on 06 / 30 / 2013

Went for lunch for the first time a few days ago, ordered the "chicken-fried" tofu sandwich. The first time I've had anything chicken-fried since going vegan, and it definitely has the right flavor. There were a few other vegan options (including pies), and a good selection of local craft beers on tap. Don't forget to check out the lounge in back, with a full bar and good music!

Not exactly "healthy" eating, but if you're vegan and looking for some comfort/late night food at a low price, there's no better place.

Pros: Diner ambiance, Delicious, cheap comfort food, Good service
Cons: Small vegan selection

Dear Owner and Manager of King Solomon's Reef Cafe and Lounge: