CLOSED: KindKreme - Studio...

Opened in May 2010, this is a specialty gourmet ice cream shop that features hand crafted RAW ice cream, all of which are dairy-free and soy-free. Most flavors are vegan except for several which contains honey. Offers a full treats menu which includes vegan soft serve, waffle sandwiches, smoothies, blended drinks, fresh juices, and cold pressed coffee. To-go ware used is biodegradable. This is the first Kindkreme location and is just around the corner from Sun Cafe. SHUT DOWN IN LATE JAN 2013. more-less
3701 Cahuenga Blvd W (corner of Regal Pl)
Studio City, California 91604
818-308-6758

Open Mon-Sat 11am-10pm, Sun 1-7pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Sonja and Dirk
petaleeli
petaleeli

Yum!

4 Posted on 02 / 17 / 2013

Overall - good stuff! My non-vegan friends like it too :)

Pros: Excellent flavors, Friendly staff, Variety
Cons: Expensive, Parking
Chia
Chia

The Best Vegan Ice Cream

5 Posted on 01 / 30 / 2012

I had read about this place on happycow, and here's my KindKreme review.

The shop is located just around the corner from SunPower raw food cafe, in a small shopping plaza with other restaurant and small businesses. On the day I went, the parking lot was full when we went, so my friend & I parked just up the street and walked over.

The space is simple and chic, warm and inviting. Gorgeous wood floor and wooden bench seating along the window in the front. There are a few small tables outside for sitting as well.

The ice cream case is filled with a colorful assortment of flavors - all raw, many vegan, some with honey (labeled). I got to sample many of the flavors and especially liked the chocolate and mocha ones as well as the "dirty chai." In addition, KindKreme also offers blended ice cream drinks, coffee drinks, and fresh pressed juices.

Our favorite, though, has got to be the vegan chocolate soft serve (made with cashew, almond, coconut, and NO soy). It was so silky and just perfect. Go try it!

While the prices of the scoops may seem slightly high to some people (presently at $3.99 per scoop), I thought it was well worth it considering the high quality, organic, and pure ingredients used - not to mention the artisan quality (each batch is crafted by hand).

I commend the ladies at KindKreme for making this such a wonderful, joyful place where local vegetarians and vegans can come and enjoy frozen treats.

Pros: great flavors, good quality, positive vibration
Veganismo
Veganismo

Flavor + Price = No Thank You

2 Posted on 11 / 06 / 2010

I was so happy to hear about an all-vegan ice cream parlor! Then, last summer I went in to try it out. My jaw dropped when I saw the prices on the board. 12 dollars for a banana split??? Well, I don't mind paying for something great, so I sampled a couple of flavors to see which ones I would get. Every flavor I samples was terrible. The consistency was watery, the flavors were very bland, and they all had some weird grainy texture. I guess the owner could read the expression on my face, because she then went into a routine about how they make their own soy milk in the shop and use no refined sugar, and that is why it is so expensive. You know, it had that attitude of, "If you want cheap crap, go to Baskin Robbins." That's all fine and good, but there is absolutely nothing fancy or high-end about this place, and the ice cream stinks! I make vegan ice cream at home all the time which is way better, and doesn't cost 12 dollars a serving. I doubt that even such a health-conscious city as LA will be willing to support this kind of place.

Pros: They let you sample before taking your $
Cons: Poor flavor/texture, Inconvenient parking, EXPENSIV-ISIMO!

MrsVeganPizza
MrsVeganPizza

Vegan Ice Cream!

5 Posted on 08 / 21 / 2010

All I can say is how exciting and yum! So many flavors to choose from and it's all vegan or beegan. The servers were very friendly and helpful in making recommendations (as there are so many options). I think I got a coffee shake of some sort and it was delish.

Pros: Many Flavors to choose From
alyssa
alyssa

My Kind of Place!

5 Posted on 07 / 07 / 2010

So, I finally made it to Kind Kreme last Saturday. I had a long day of shopping ahead of me and a mean case of PMS, so I decided I better fuel up with a little something sweet. I was greeted warmly by Mimi, who was as kind as she was kute (sorry I couldn't resist). The shop is little, but they have made the most with what they have. They have a few seats at a "bar" looking out the window and some out on the patio.

On to the kreme: I was a little overwhelmed by all the different flavors and Mimi just kept handing me sample after sample of creamy, deliciousness until I settled on their special 2 mini scoop combo of Super Food and Chocolate with Salted Caramel (both had a base of almond milk, cashews and coconut). The Super Food flavor was a rich chocolate blended with E3 Live and maca and studded with goji berries, macadamia nuts and cacao nibs. It tasted like a raw candy bar. The Chocolate with Salted Caramel was so decadent that I "almost" felt guilty eating it. Mimi told me the caramel sauce is made with yacon syrup, agave, macadamia nuts and sea salt. The Best Caramel Sauce EVER! I practically skipped down the street with my spoon.

Five hours later, I came in for a scoop of vanilla soft serve and another scoop of the Chocolate with Salted Caramel to bring home to my husband. I sampled the chocolate soft serve right before I left and almost bought myself another scoop, but decided to restrain myself. My husband was blown away by both flavors. He especially liked that he could taste the real vanilla bean in the soft serve. I can't think of a soul who wouldn't like this place. There is no reason to EVER eat dairy or white sugar again! Kind Kreme should be on every korner. I think I'll go get myself a scoop today!

Pros: Amazing Ice Kreme, Friendly Service, Open Late
Cons: limited parking
goldie711
goldie711

Exceptional Niche Product

5 Posted on 07 / 04 / 2010

I recommend Kindkreme if you're either raw or a vegan and trying to steer away from soy. One of the owners waited on me. She was friendly, and so enthausiastic about her product. I tried half a dozen of the flavors and preferred the nut based more than the coconut flavors because of their richness. The ice creams were good but if you have dietary limitations and are craving an ice cream parlor experience, you've found your new home.

Pros: staff, flavor options, quality of ingredients
Cons: parking
Crystal D.
Crystal D.

KindKreme Delicious!

4 Posted on 06 / 02 / 2010

I'll begin by saying that I am an extreme enthusiest about discovering new places to enjoy vegan treats, so when the sign reading "vegan ice cream coming soon" appeared in my hood, I was rediculously excited. I was very pleased upon first visit to find that kind kreme is not only vegan, but offers top notch raw, organic, and delicious ingredients in a clean, firendly, and super eco-concious environment. The owner served us and was very knowledgable and informative about her ingredients and philosophy, and extremely generous with samples! As is often the case with raw veg. menus, its expensive and servings are small, but the integrity of her products is impecable and cost a lot to maintain. lThe wors thing is that there are way too many amazing choices, so I'm gonna break my bank with frequent visits.

Pros: raw, clean and friendly, high quality
Cons: pricey, small portion
Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

Vegan Ice Cream Shop!!!!

4 Posted on 05 / 15 / 2010

Since they were open before their grand opening today, we stopped by NiceCream last night after eating at Sunpower around the corner. The owner was serving and she was very chatty with everyone which was very welcoming. There were lots of flavors, although about 4 had honey, but they were clearly labelled so that we could avoid them. She let us try as many samples as we liked. They were having a special on the brownie sundae, so Dirk got that with chocolate and espresso ice cream and it was fantastic! We'll be back for more ice cream for sure. I chose to have a coffee milkshake although I must say that it was more of an iceshake. I was expecting something more creamy as the flavor seemed watered down with all the blended ice. I don't know it that's the norm or if it's a fluke, but that's the only reason I'm not giving them 5 cows for a rating. The ice cream itself definitely deserves 5!

Pros: vegan ice cream!!!, vegan ice cream!!!!, friendly service
Cons: too much ice in milkshake

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: KindKreme - Studio City: