Vegetarian Thai food restaurant, opened Dec 2013, in the same block as Che Om Bun, on the other side of the block (taken from next alley south). Food is made on the premises. Choose from around 60 different dishes, including appetizers, first and seconds, main courses, and desserts. 20-30 seats. Free Wi-Fi. Located in the same alley as Empress Hotel. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Thai

jre8995
jre8995

Wonderful

Posted on 02 / 01 / 2016

Our dinner here was superb: mushroom satay and deep fried banana blossom to start, pumpkin curry and vegetables steamed in a banana leaf basket to follow. All for 320 baht
Flavours clear, strong, well defined and balanced, everything our previous night's meal wasn't. Kin-Lum proves healthy food doesn't need to be boring.
The lady who runs it was super charming and helpful too - we need to get a taxi out to the countryside after dinner, and she arranged for someone to take us.
Well worth making the effort to go to

Pros: Well thought out food, Charming staff, Good ambience
Cons: A little off the beaten path
kgriffithg
kgriffithg

great food - inexpensive

Posted on 12 / 23 / 2015

All great dishes, 1 appetizer, 4 meals, 1 desert and two bottles of water was 470 baht. Penang curry was great, veggie spring rolls also good. Mango sticky rice was nice. Service friendly with good English. Recommend.

Caitlinhappymeal
Caitlinhappymeal

worth the walk

Posted on 12 / 01 / 2015

Was on the way to Alice's organic raw cafe but when I got there I was not going to pay the prices on principle, so I got the happycow app to work and found this gem of a place. It's just off the main road and they did not have music playing so it was very peaceful, extensive menu, good portions, good prices, very clean, nice and cool with air con set at perfect temperature, lovely staff. Had to wait a little for the food to arrive but really didn't mind as I'd had a long hot walk, I heard the owner ask another table if they were vegan so I'm assuming if you say yes they alter the dishes to comply with vegan. Highly recommend this lovely little cafe.

Pros: extensive menu, great prices, delicious food, very
Cons: cannot find fault at all!

solarkismet
solarkismet

really great and fresh

Posted on 11 / 28 / 2015

Funny room (green and white) but very clean. Amazing food - 5 dishes / salads and mango sticky rice for 490 baht. Loved everything.

Pros: fresh , great quality , clean
Cons: a bit far from the old quarter
uschiverena
uschiverena

Very good Tom Yum soup

Posted on 11 / 23 / 2015

We had two Tom Yum soups, one with coconut milk and one without. Both were very good! We asked for extra rice noodles inside and it was no prob. Very friendly staff. My "a little" spicy was not the same as theirs but that was fine :D

Pros: cheap and tasty
MMills
MMills

Delicious!

Posted on 09 / 09 / 2015

I had spicy mushrooms which were delicious but incredibly spicy. My partner and I shared the rice paper rolls which were the best we've had in Thailand so far.

Pros: Delicious vegetarian food., Nice simple and quiet restaurant. , Has wifi
Cons: A little tricky to find the restaurant.
LilacHippy
LilacHippy

Pretty Good

Posted on 07 / 27 / 2015

The food served up here is pretty good. They do use egg though and even cheese in the odd thing so tell them if you are vegan, they understand. The wide range of dishes is pretty impressive and includes Thai and western dishes from starters, curries, salads, spaghetti dishes and desserts. Includes some rare and interesting things like mushroom satay and tofu steak. Only negative thing is the decor is a bit stark and plain. You cannot buy alcohol here but you can bring your own should you want it.

Pros: Wide range of dishes, Decent portions, Tasty dishes
Cons: Cold decor, Not vegan
ShelA
ShelA

fresh clean flavours

Posted on 04 / 07 / 2015

Amazing food. The mushroom salad was a real stand out, so too was the pumpkin curry. We will definitely be frequenting this great little restaurant. I can highly recommend eating here.

Pros: made to order, fresh food, understand vegan
SteveFrancis
SteveFrancis

Great find - good food

Posted on 03 / 14 / 2015

Been here 3 times now - great food. Quiet restaurant, but worth finding and eating at. Friendly owner, good/quick service, and good value. All the dishes we've ordered include rice which is nice - many other restaurants charge extra for rice. Penang curry is AMAZING!
Will eat here more often now that we've found it......

Pros: Great food, Quiet restaurant, Friendly owner
Cons: Off the main road., Strong smell of spices when you walk in
IndianVegan
IndianVegan

Enjoyed my meal

Posted on 02 / 24 / 2015

On the small way leading to Empress hotel, this small eatery provided me with delicious meal. I was the only customer and the food was cooked to order. I will come here again if possible and will definitely recommend this place to others. I had mango passion fruit juice, spring rolls, and cashew nut with bell peppers which came with brown? rice all for around 150B, and I finished it all.

Pros: delicious cooked to order, not many tourists
Cons: a little walk (15 mins from center), egg used have to ask
beckettthedog
beckettthedog

Delicious Thai Food

Posted on 01 / 05 / 2015

Small comfortable restaurant serving Thai food at very reasonable prices.
I went twice and had Kao Soi, Pad Thai and various fruit juices. No frills, just straight up good, flavorful food. The lady that cooks is delightful and friendly.
I used the Happy Cow app and it took me to an Italian Restaurant, very close to Kin-Lum Vegetarian ( just on the opposite side of the big events' building inside the parking lot).
Highly recommended
The only con is that if the a/c is not on your clothes will smell like food, since everything is prepared right there.

Pros: food, price, service
nielswied
nielswied

Fine new option just near Empress Hotel

Posted on 11 / 27 / 2014

This is indeed a fine option: a small, veggie, nice restaurant near the Empress hotel, just a few steps away. The nice lady serves good veggie food, all freshly prepared at small prices. In my opinion the Empress hotel should hug this lady and promote it a bit as soon as veggies have booked a room in the fine Empress hotel.

Pros: pure veg, freshly prepared, clean and friendly
Cons: no beer
chinaamber
chinaamber

Great food, great staff.

Posted on 08 / 08 / 2014

I eat here regularly and have never been disappointed. The food is made with super fresh ingredients and they do not skimp on the veg like some places. The restaurant is incredibly clean and well maintained unlike some of the older places in town. The green curry is one of the best I have ever eaten and the vege burger is a massive bargain, 80 baht and comes with chips!

Pros: Fresh and tasty, Great value, Friendly staff
arisberna
arisberna

Amazing vegetarian Restaurant

Posted on 01 / 08 / 2014

Kin-Lum Vegetarian is one of the best vegetarian restaurant I had in Thailand and one of the best in Chiang Mai.

The place is brand new (opened in December) and It's really trendy and clean! The restaurant is not to be big, around 25 seats!

Working there there are two really sweet and friendly ladies, who cooked us really great food!
We went there three times and tried a big variety of dishes and they were all delicious! Already the second time, they were really happy to see us and greet us with laugh and big smiles!

They also have fresh smoothies, fruit cocktail, and other normal soft drinks!

I highly recommend to any vegetarian/vegan in Chiang Mai to visit them. If you stay in the city few days, you will go back twice :)

Pros: Best vegetarian in Chiang Mai, Lots of variety and all Fresh Food, Excellent service

Dear Owner and Manager of Kin-Lum Vegetarian: