Kimberton Whole Foods

Small natural food store offering fresh produce, natural foods, apothecary, supplements, gifts, and some packaged vegan take-out deli foods. more-less

First Review by AnaB
snowy11480
snowy11480

wonderful health food store!

5 Posted on 02 / 23 / 2009

I love to shop here and can't see enough good things about the place. First off, their organic produce is very reasonably priced. For example, last week i bought a Huge head of organic green leaf lettuce for 2.50 - that can't/won't happen at my local big biz grocery chain for sure. they also do their best to support local produce so thats a big plus as well. You can get any kind of raw nuts/seeds, soy products, rice products, vitamins, etc. and all reasonably priced too. I got my husband the Every Mans one a day by New Chapter and this place had one of the best prices around (including my internet searches). The staff here are knowledgeable and even more helpful and friendly than at the main store in kimberton.

parking used to be a breeze here but a gym recently opened up next door. so for a couple months it was getting harder/harder to get a decent spot. But on my last trip there, i noticed new signs have designated some spots as '30 minute parking only' - this should help seperate out the gym go-ers from the shoppers (i hope!) - and i managed to snag a 30 minute spot easily:)

Often times, if you have a cloth bag from another store, you can trade in for one of their cloth bags!

Their shopping carts are small - and don't hold my infant carrier so FYI before you drag your infant carrier in there thinking it can sit in the cart! so wear your baby in a sling for shopping...

I was disappointed that the greeting cards sold here are not recycled cards or environmentally friendly in any way.

Overall, its just a much better shopping experience over the big biz stores. Quick parking, quick in/out, no long lines, supports local and organic produce, you aren't dodging tons of other people with shopping carts and others mowing you down in a mad rush. For me - This in itself is worth it! a peaceful shopping experience:)

Pros: local & organic produce!, good prices!, knowledgeable & helpful staff
Cons: carts don't hold an infant carrier, greeting cards aren't recycled
AnaB
AnaB

Amazing

5 Posted on 05 / 13 / 2008

We just moved to downingtown from new york and just found out about this place...its big and has lots of stuff. I got the vegan chix sand from the deli and it was so good, def made my day.
Go its so good.