Serves meat, veg options available. Bar with a menu includes several a few lacto-vegetarian items: soup, cheese and branston sandwich, and Quorn-based shepherds pie (not vegan). Live music sometimes. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by jive

The Kilted Waitress

2 Posted on 06 / 19 / 2011

The Kilt pub has a mix of the traditional Scottish decor and the quiet atmosphere of a modern cafe. Tall hardwood enclosures around the tables provide you with the nostalgic sense of an old-world dining experience. The bar seats about 6 and gives you a front row seat to the European sports played on the big screen. The overall setting is cast in a light harmony of Scottish folk music. I was tempted to break out and river dance, but that refers to Irish folk music and I probably would have been stoned to death for making such a mistake. Just kidding.

The staff is very nice. I thought it was cute that the waitresses not only wore kilts, they wore matching plaid socks as well. Just one more thing to add to the wholesome quality for this little pub on the corner. They were accommodating for those of us who don't enjoy eating animals.

I myself had the cheese sandwich with garlic fries. The cheese sandwich was a new one for me. You eat it almost like a sloppy Joe, and the filling is like a marinade of pickle brine's. It was tangy and fun to eat, and couples with the garlic fires, made a nice meal.

The vegetarian soup that they make is like a soup of the day. For something like that you will want to call ahead and see if they already have some made, or if they can make some for you special.

Happy dining