Kilauea Bakery and Pau Hana...

Serves meat, veg options available. Little spot nestled among the shops in Kong Lung Center, enroute to Kilauea Lighthouse. Pizza, soy cheese, sandwiches, soups, baked goods, coffee drinks, and juices. Will make a pizza with soy cheese (maybe not vegan, need to confirm) upon request. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Ovo, American, Pizza, Bakery, Juice bar, Non-veg

First Review by vegtiff
Marilu
Marilu

'vegan' cheese (tofurella) contains casinate!

1 Posted on 06 / 04 / 2013

I even asked about casein & whey when we ordered. Very snooty, almost too much trouble to serve us. And lied about being vegan. They don't seem to care.

Pros: has soy for lattes
Cons: NOT vegan, bad attitude, no vegan deserts either
Hallie
Hallie

dairy free cheese is not vegan

2 Posted on 09 / 27 / 2010

My husband and I went here while on our honeymoon. We love food, and made the trip to this area especially to get vegan pizza... but when we got there, nothing was vegan unless you special order an entire cake, or get a cheese-less pizza, which I can get anywhere really! We were so disappointed! We got them to make us a salad minus the non-vegan ingredients, and a pizza minus the cheese. The pizza wasn't bad, but it was extremely overpriced and disappointing without cheese.

Pros: nice staff
Cons: NO vegan cheese!, no real vegan options, expensive
shaz
shaz

Awesome vegan pizza!

4 Posted on 06 / 26 / 2009

Nice little restaurant with a great vegan pizza along with a few other vegan dishes too! Also have vegan desserts/pastries at times. Will make vegan cakes if you pre-order. Very helpful staff, very willing to check ingredients for the customer. Good pricing too! Well worth visiting!

Pros: Several vegan and vegetarian options, helpful, friendly staff, excellent food
Cons: none that I can think of!

vegtiff
vegtiff

Great place with several vegan options!

4 Posted on 06 / 06 / 2009

This morning I had the vegan breakfast Stromboli (filled with tofu scramble, spinach and mushrooms), it was excellent! But make sure you get there early because I got the last one before it sold out (I was there around 930am, on a saturday; they open at 6am). I've also had the vegan pizza which was good too! They have a nice little seating area outside to eat.

Pros: Great food, Nice outside seating
Cons: Crowded at times

Dear Owner and Manager of Kilauea Bakery and Pau Hana Pizza: