Serves meat, veg options available. Many menu items can be made vegan if ordered with tofu instead of meat. Egg and fish sauce can be omitted upon request. Casual atmosphere. Price: Moderate more-less
Thai, Take-out, Non-veg
1600 Broadway St (Marine St )
Boulder, Colorado 80302
303-447-0273

Open Mon-Fri 11am-10pm, Sat-Sun Noon-10pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Gabe
KasloColorado
KasloColorado

Fish oil?

2 Posted on 04 / 01 / 2012

As a vegan, I've enjoyed this restaurant for many years. But the other day I called to place a to go order for the green curry, massaman curry, and red curry. I was told that these cannot. E made vegan, as they are made with fish oil. She went on to say that the only item she would suggest is the yellow curry, as it is the only one she can be sure is free of fish oil. I was really shocked, as I mention that I'm vegan every time I've come in for years, and this has never been mentioned. Is this a mistake, or have they been serving fish oil to vegans?

By the way, if you decide to go, check the ingredients before you use the hot sauce. When I went, it contained fish oil and the staff will not warn you about this.

Pros: Tastes good
Cons: May contain fish oil
Gabe
Gabe

Best Thai in Boulder

4 Posted on 01 / 08 / 2011

While it's far from a vegan or even vegetarian restaurants, Khow Thai has at least a dozen vegan options. Most of their stir-fry and rice/noodle dishes are vegan if ordered with tofu (which they do really well!), and I havent tried the curry but I think it is as well. The waitstaff is all really pleasant and accommodating. Khow Pad Basil with tofu is my personal favorite.

Pros: Price, Tofu done right, Big portions
Cons: Not fully vegetarian, can get crowded at lunch/dinner rush

Dear Owner and Manager of Khow Thai: