Khepra Raw Food Juice Bar

Raw food and juices. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, All Raw, American, Western, Juice bar, Take-out
402 H St NE (Washington DC)
Washington, District Of Columbia 20002
202-803-2063

Mon-Sat 12:00pm-8:00pm, Sun 2:00pm-6:00pm

First Review by cookiem
KaraAndVeg
KaraAndVeg

Happy it was nearby

Posted on 07 / 21 / 2015

I used to live in D.C. but didn't know this area. On a visit last year, I happened to be staying down the street and had been getting into raw food. My boyfriend and I split a "large," which involved an entree plus every side for $15. We were both very full, so it was a great deal. I loved getting to try a bunch of dishes. There was only one I didn't like (something with seaweed). It's mostly a place for taking food out, I think.

hihoe
hihoe

delicious

Posted on 07 / 03 / 2015

particuarly spicy but I liked it very much - don't care about the room & building - just enjoy the food

NatureGirl215
NatureGirl215

Best Raw Vegan Place In D.C.

Posted on 06 / 25 / 2015

What can I say about this place. The food was top-notch plus I some more excellent information on a raw foods diet (I'm vegan). Great service with a laid-back atmosphere. I've been following the owner of this wonderful establishment online for many years & I just want to say thank you for my new staple when I visit D.C.

Pros: EVERYTHING
Cons: Needs to open up in Charlotte, NC & Philly

zenmaestro
zenmaestro

khepra: favorite vegan spot in dc

Posted on 06 / 06 / 2015

this raw restaurant is yummy. it's hard to believe that some of this stuff is raw -i.e., vegan and gluten free. it's cafeteria style. everything's already prepared which means orders are quickly filled. depending on who serves you, service is cool and pleasant enough. i.e., service could be more enthusiastic. all good though. the "large entree" with nine sides is a lot of food for the money. at other raw restaurants, I'd pay at least twice as much for similar quantity and less taste and variety. the nine sides have varying flavors and textures -sweet, sour, salty, spicy and crunchy, soft, chewy. both the hemp burger and crab cakes are yummy. I prefer the hemp burger and it's more filling. for cheesecake beats the cookies. I wouldn't get the chia cookie again. having nine different sides means that you can eat here regularly and vary the experience.

the blaring tv misaligns with the spirit of what khepra seems to embody.

holy cow! I'm so stuffed. don't know that I've ever said that after dining in a raw restaurant.

Pros: raw, value, tasty
Cons: wish it was organic, parking, service could be warmer
Katie Le
Katie Le

Excellent and unique

Posted on 04 / 30 / 2015

Phenomenally delicious, healthy, raw, flavorful food. It's easy and fast - you order at the food bar and only have to wait a few minutes if they are preparing something not fully made (like the insanely delicious sushi!)

bkny227
bkny227

Delicious and healthy

Posted on 12 / 31 / 2013

Excellent raw food. I've tried a lot of Khepra's dishes and they are all awesome, my favorite are the "fried" plantains, cauliflower nuggets and chia pudding. I've also tried a green juice. Khepra is also the sponsor for the DC Raw meet-up so he leads a lot of events and private raw/juice classes.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday December 31, 2013

Pros: Excellent food, Nice vibe, Great products
Cons: Runs out of the popular dishes sometimes
cookiem
cookiem

Fresh and filling

Posted on 11 / 17 / 2013

Anyone who says raw food is just salad is confused about good raw food and stuff from the produce aisle. This place is capable of creating delicious and flavorful food, so delicious you won't even remember it's raw.

What's awesome is that you can order all their sides with an entree (so the entree is then about 1/6 of the food) for $15. That's 7 sides, I guess, depending on when you go. So, how could I pass that up?! Plaintains with sun-dried tomatoes, spiced broccoli, red cabbage slaw, creamy collards, pomegranate kale, seaweed salad (awesome), and wild rice salad. For my entree - nori/ seaweed avocado rolls. Sometimes raw food is too nut heavy, but their food is not like that. The veggies are fresh and the blend of flavors just right.

The only caveats I have are that they ran out of dessert, the juice drinks were a bit too pricey for my taste but sounded wonderful (cactus tangerine or apple ginger kale for $7sm/$9lg), the food might be a bit too oily for my preference and the food is served in bio-plastic.

You can also just order all the sides for $12/$15 depending on how much you want. I am glad they have options to have so many of them together. The a la carte is $8 for each one - and that's a lot of cash to just try them. I think they knew this, and so created the sampler platters!

They are connected to a health/wellness center, so there isn't the best eating ambiance. There are a few counter/ window high bar stool style seats. In the center, there were tables, but I felt they were not for Khepra's. A great place to get food to go.

However, the fact that they are a veg place and have such wonderful flavorful raw food, I would not hesitate to go back! A little bit too much oil won't kill me, and I want to try the dessert!!!

Pros: Fresh fresh fresh, Awesome flavor wo salt overdose, Selection
Cons: Oily, Ran out of dessert, Price

Dear Owner and Manager of Khepra Raw Food Juice Bar: