Khepra Raw Food Juice Bar

Raw food and juices. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, All Raw, American, Western, Juice bar, Take-out
402 H St NE (Washington DC)
Washington, District Of Columbia 20002

bkny227
bkny227

Delicious and healthy

Posted on 12 / 31 / 2013

Excellent raw food. I've tried a lot of Khepra's dishes and they are all awesome, my favorite are the "fried" plantains, cauliflower nuggets and chia pudding. I've also tried a green juice. Khepra is also the sponsor for the DC Raw meet-up so he leads a lot of events and private raw/juice classes.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday December 31, 2013

Pros: Excellent food, Nice vibe, Great products
Cons: Runs out of the popular dishes sometimes
cookiem
cookiem

Fresh and filling

Posted on 11 / 17 / 2013

Anyone who says raw food is just salad is confused about good raw food and stuff from the produce aisle. This place is capable of creating delicious and flavorful food, so delicious you won't even remember it's raw.

What's awesome is that you can order all their sides with an entree (so the entree is then about 1/6 of the food) for $15. That's 7 sides, I guess, depending on when you go. So, how could I pass that up?! Plaintains with sun-dried tomatoes, spiced broccoli, red cabbage slaw, creamy collards, pomegranate kale, seaweed salad (awesome), and wild rice salad. For my entree - nori/ seaweed avocado rolls. Sometimes raw food is too nut heavy, but their food is not like that. The veggies are fresh and the blend of flavors just right.

The only caveats I have are that they ran out of dessert, the juice drinks were a bit too pricey for my taste but sounded wonderful (cactus tangerine or apple ginger kale for $7sm/$9lg), the food might be a bit too oily for my preference and the food is served in bio-plastic.

You can also just order all the sides for $12/$15 depending on how much you want. I am glad they have options to have so many of them together. The a la carte is $8 for each one - and that's a lot of cash to just try them. I think they knew this, and so created the sampler platters!

They are connected to a health/wellness center, so there isn't the best eating ambiance. There are a few counter/ window high bar stool style seats. In the center, there were tables, but I felt they were not for Khepra's. A great place to get food to go.

However, the fact that they are a veg place and have such wonderful flavorful raw food, I would not hesitate to go back! A little bit too much oil won't kill me, and I want to try the dessert!!!

Pros: Fresh fresh fresh, Awesome flavor wo salt overdose, Selection
Cons: Oily, Ran out of dessert, Price

Dear Owner and Manager of Khepra Raw Food Juice Bar: