Khazaana Indian Restaurant

Serves meat, veg options available. Indian food restaurant operating in Hanoi since 1993; previously at 1-C Tong Dan. Specify no dairy/ghee and kitchen will accommodate. Menu available here: www.khazaana.vn/pages/english/menu/vegetarian.php. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
11 Ly Thai Thai Street, Hoan Kiem district
Hanoi, Vietnam
9345657, 9343513

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by samia
RattanMangharam
RattanMangharam

Update on address

Posted on 11 / 08 / 2014

Khazaana Indian Restaurant, has now moved to a smaller and the address is
34 Duong Thanh, Hoan Kiem ,Ha noi | Tel: +844 3934 5657|+844 39343513|Fax: +844 ...
As the place small reservations are recommended

veganvirtues
veganvirtues
  • raw

Vegan!

Posted on 11 / 30 / 2013

Firstly the address is incorrect. Your google maps showing the place is wrong as it seems the same for other places noted your using. Kazaana is NOT an ethical Vegan place. If they cook mutton and other dead animals why would you eat from same pots and pans? Who said they don't use ghee? Indian places DO use ghee, butter or/and lard. Why VEGANS supporting eateries that cook animals. Support Vegan run places. There are many around Vietnam.

• webmaster webmaster

Hi VeganVirtues, I've updated the map, please confirm. If you feel this place doesn't deserve to be listed please let us know.
    Also, if you know of any other incorrect markers please be sure to tell us.

Ranks42
Ranks42

Great Place for Diverse Diets

Posted on 07 / 13 / 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my first meal at Khazaana. As a party of eight in which I was the only vegan, we found several delicious somethings for everyone at our table. Service was in English, courteous, and responsive. The atmosphere on a Saturday night was calm and relaxed, with easy lighting and a low hum of conversation.

The vegetarian section features tens of dishes from North and South Indian cuisine. Diversity didn't dilute flavors, and everyone left satisfied with their food and the reasonable bill: about 56 USD (1.17 mil VND).

Vegetarian entrees began at 70,000 VND with generous Naan at only 45,000 VND. Meat entrees ranged from 90,000 VND to over 200,000 VND. Drinks range from lassi to Coke Light, and water is available bottled or from the tap (it tasted fine).

I couldn't have asked for better Indian food, and I was delighted to enjoy it in the heart of Hanoi.

Pros: excellent food, good value, pleasant atmosphere
Cons: patrons were smoking in the front room

yourfacehxc
yourfacehxc

loads of veg options

Posted on 03 / 10 / 2013

Kazaana has an extensive menu of both veg and non-veg dishes. They host a wide array of customers and can make select dishes vegan upon request. There's both north and South Indian cuisine in addition to some prix fix options which allow you to taste 5-6 dishes in addition to some naan and rice. The spinach and cheese kofta was excellent and consistent and their naan is terrific. My main complaint is that too many of their dishes revolve heavily around okra, potatoes, and onions.. none of which I terribly care for. There's 3-4 koftas, several masalas, and loads of other dishes but again, most of which involve those three vegetables. Also I found their food to not be spicy enough, even the okra dish that had three peppers beside it. Vietnamese food is quite bland, greasy and boring so perhaps they tone it down to appease this clientele. Prices are generally fair and service is anywhere from decent to great depending on who you get. Most of the servers are quite young and have their moments of being unprofessional.

At the end of our first meal here (I've been back since) the owner came by to introduce himself, ask how our meal was, and inquire about who we were and why we chose his restaurant. Nice fellow and clearly successful.

Entrees start at about 70000d, naan bread around 45000, and drinks are all over the place. Only restaurant in Vietnam I've found decent soda water at (Perrier) as well.

Pros: selection , flavor, naan
Cons: too much okra, onion, potato, slightly immature staff
Becky3343
Becky3343

Vegan food excellent

Posted on 06 / 02 / 2012

We went here for dinner and ordered a selection of veggie dishes. Everything we wanted was tailored for us with no ghee and no cream. The staff were excellent, the food was amazing, but was a little pricey.

samia
samia

Best meal we've had in Hanoi

Posted on 01 / 03 / 2011

Khazaana Indian Restaurant lives up to its reputation the best Indian food in Hanoi. We were delighted by our meal - full flavoured, varied and reasonably priced considering the quality. The vegatarian section is very extensive - almost daunting. I would highly reccomend this restaurant to vegetarians looking for high quality, tasty Indian food. Will most certainly return.

Pros: excellent food, generous portions, friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Khazaana Indian Restaurant: