Khatag Tibetan Restaurant

Serves meat, veg options available. Offers many vegetarian options. Staff understands veganism and will accommodate. Price: Moderate more-less
Tibetan, Chinese, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
68 Rue Quincampoix (Rue Rambuteau)
Paris, France 75003

wushu
wushu

I didn't like it

Posted on 02 / 22 / 2015

I thought the owner knew about vegan diet but I've got proved wrong there.

I ordered some nems for starter even though I asked if the nems would be vegan which it had been confirmed, the plate came with a wannabe coleslow full of non vegan mayo and the nems on the top.

I tried to eat the top part which hadn't been soaking into the mayo but ...

When I asked them about it : Their answer was "you should have said it". Ok, it was hard to ask about something I didn't know that would be coming. I think it was up to them to add 1+1 as if I wanted vegan nems I also wanted a vegan dish. Nowhere on the menu card it says that the nems would come with a non vegan salad (or even a salad). I thought I would get a plate with a few nems in it maybe 6. Btw, there was only 3 nems in that starter...

I had also written a message with my online booking, precising that we would be 2 vegan people that evening.

Anyway, I also ordered a vegan dish which was ok, nothing amazing.

I don't think the place was clean at all, you could see some crumbs and other pieces of polystyrene under the bar. A mop in the middle of the way. They wouldn't have passed hygiene control that's for sure.

The only good thing I see is that the place had a nice atmosphere. It was nice to be somewhere else in the middle of Paris.

Updated from previous review on Sunday February 22, 2015

Updated from previous review on Sunday February 22, 2015

Pros: the atmosphere
Cons: lack of hygiene, food, stubburnness
LaVanessa
LaVanessa

The staff understands veganism

Posted on 10 / 26 / 2013

As the description says, the staff absolutely know what veganism is and were happy to accommodate us. I believe the owners allowed us to sit while their restaurant was technically closed. I had a rice and vegetable dish with steamed bread. I enjoyed my meal but it was a bit greasy/oily. It was my first time trying that sort of bread - I loved it. Happy to recommend.

Pros: vegan-friendly, good prices
Zmeika
Zmeika

Good spot

Posted on 08 / 16 / 2013

Although there are only few vegan options, the ambiance and the tea carte are pretty good.
Reservation is required for the evening dinner.

Pros: Tea, Ambiance
Cons: Menu variety

AnnFromIllinois
AnnFromIllinois

A little oasis

Posted on 03 / 09 / 2012

Loved this place. We were a bit early for lunch and the restuarant was empty, so we were a bit worried. But no fear, the place filled up fast. The staff was very well informed of the food and made several recommendations. I will definitely go back again.

Pros: location, willingness to make changes

Dear Owner and Manager of Khatag Tibetan Restaurant: