Orlando Indian vegetarian restaurant featuring an all-you-can-eat buffet. Tell a staff you are vegan, and s/he will direct you away from the few dairy items. Very informal and low key; previously located on Lancaster Rd. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Buffet

feorag
feorag

Basic but good

Posted on 06 / 22 / 2014

On arrival at Khasiyat, I realised that it was the good Indian place I'd been to previously, but could not remember the name. My fault for not reviewing it for the Happy Cow back then!

On both occasions, we had the buffet. The non-vegan items were pointed out to me (and to other customers who came in and said they were vegan), and I still had quite a bit of choice, including dhokla, and some curries. The breads, puri and roti, were cooked fresh and brought to us. The aubergine curry was a rich, earthy delight, though the mixed beans reminded me a little of anaemic British baked beans. There were toasted bread rolls and a mince-style curry intended to be poured over them (pau bhaji, I think), and a spectacular carrot pickle with lots of mustard.

The Omnivore expressed delight on arrival, and remains happy to eat here.

Pros: cheap, filling
Cons: basic, disposables used
cinnamonstick
cinnamonstick

great Indian food!

Posted on 01 / 21 / 2010

I made a special trip to this restaurant because I live on the other side of town, and it was a little hard to find, so make sure you take a good copy of directions with you. We arrived late and missed the lunch buffet because we got lost, but the owners were VERY nice and prepared a sample platter with vegan items from the buffet especially for us! Just make sure you tell them you do not eat dairy (ghee, yogurt, etc). The restaurant was very informal, but neat & clean, and they had a funny Bollywood movie playing on their TV while we ate. Worth the trip.

Pros: inexpensive, great food, nice owners
Cons: location
VeggieGamer
VeggieGamer

Not very fancy, but delicious food

Posted on 05 / 07 / 2009

After struggling to find this restaurant (the address was incorrect), we finally arrived. It's a medium sized business in the middle of a small strip center.

The food is clearly intended to be taken out of buffet style. They do have a menu, and we tried numerous entrees, but they don't have the normal restaurant equipment. Meals are eaten off of Styrofoam plates (taken off the buffet), they only have plastic and styrofoam, very simple set up.

But the food was delicious - not to oily - and was completely vegetarian.

We went on a Friday night, and the place was completely empty (distressingly so!). But without a doubt, as long as I don't need anything fancy, I'd eat there again.

Pros: Vegetarian, Good Fare, Friendly
Cons: Very informal, Throwaway dining gear, Empty

Dear Owner and Manager of Khasiyat: