Khao San Road

Serves meat, veg options available. Located in the entertainment district. This Thai restaurant offers a number of vegan and vegetarian dishes and keeps one of their deep fryers exclusively for vegetable items. Owners say that a separate veg menu is coming. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Thai, Non-veg
326 Adelaide W (Spadina Ave)
Toronto, Ontario
647-352-5773

Open Mon-Sat lunch 11:30am-2:30pm, dinner 5-10pm, closed Sun.

First Review by your_ad_here
Laurawall09
Laurawall09

Definitely worth the wait!

4 Posted on 09 / 07 / 2013

We waited about 40 minutes for a table for two, but once we sat down it felt like we were back in Bangkok. Loved the atmosphere - super busy, just like on Khao San Road in Thailand. Food was soooo delicious! We had the chefs special vegan pad Thai, the vegan red curry, and the coconut milk tapioca for dessert. To die for!
The service is fantastic as well. Even though the place was packed, the staff seemed cool, collected, and attentive!
Will come back here EVERY TIME I come to Toronto!

Pros: Authentic, Incredible food, Fantastic ambiance
Cons: Long waits
Waldohood
Waldohood

Very good Thai food

3 Posted on 08 / 13 / 2013

I would go back. However, we had to wait for a table. Menu was moderately priced to slightly pricey- especially drinks. Options for meat eaters. Wait for food was not too bad. Very busy wait staff. It was a very busy place. Restaurant was a little tired. Sink in women's room was broken. Sinks outside bathroom but pipe from (clean?) water from overhead pipe dripped on my head while I was washing my hands.

Pros: Vegan options, Very tasty, Level of spiciness can be adjusted
Cons: Loud atmosphere, Small space, Food a little greasy
SP
SP

Worth the wait!

4 Posted on 01 / 20 / 2013

As already noted, this place gets busy and it does not take reservations, however, it is certainly worth waiting for! Ask for their vegan menu.

your_ad_here
your_ad_here

Yummy thai food w/ no hidden ingredients!

4 Posted on 05 / 04 / 2012

I've been to Khao San Road a few times now and each time it was delicious and the servers were knowledgeable about what could be made vegan. On my latest visit, they had a new separate vegan menu that I was offered! Needless to say there's plenty of vegan options including two kinds of pad thai, red curry and green curry. Unfortunately while there's a lot of vegan mains, there's only one app and one dessert on the vegan menu (although the garlic tofu is amazing). Another problem is it's extremely busy so be prepared to wait especially during peak periods. Also, they don't take reservations so there's no way around the waiting and it can be hard to get in with a larger group.

Pros: excellent food, separate vegan menu, friendly staff
Cons: ridiculously busy, no reservations

Dear Owner and Manager of Khao San Road: