Vegan bakery offering baked goods as well as raw cakes, wraps and panini sandwiches. Full selection of baked goods, including gluten free. Fresh juice bar. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Bakery, American, Juice bar Take-out, Catering
733 Porter Rd
Nashville, Tennessee 37206
615- 915- 4972
Closed now

Mon 10:00am-5:00pm, Tue-Thu 10:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 10:00am-10:00pm, Sun 10:00am-3:00pm

First Review by linabuch
topwater
topwater

Great Pie

Posted on 11 / 17 / 2014

We ordered a vegan apple berry pie for a birthday. It was delicious and gobbled up by the non-vegans in attendance.

Great desserts.

Pros: Pie Crust, Filling, Flavor
Elizabeth Herman
Elizabeth Herman

Lavender Love Tea and a Mint Brownie

Posted on 07 / 16 / 2014

I’m sitting in a small vegan place that just recently opened in east Nashville, Tennessee, called Khan’s Desserts Bakery and Café, drinking an herbal tea blend called Lavender Love, made by local tea maker called High Garden True Herbal Teas. I also have a vegan chocolate mint brownie on my table, with green frosting and a sprinkling of chocolate chips on top.

Even though I’m nowhere near hungry enough to break into the brownie, the tea and the thought of the sweet dessert make me feel satisfied. Food can be such an immediate sensual experience, that I sense how writing about it lets me express something very concrete and close.

This tiny place seems to work well as a haven for vegans and vegetarians, and for others as well. The outdoor seating is inviting on a beautiful summer day. The WiFi doesn't work well, though, so don't expect to be on the laptop internet here. The baked goods are light and refreshing. The sandwiches in wraps and biscuits also look fine. The chili looked questionable though.

Pros: Friendly, fast service, Tea and Brownie Taste good, Outdoor seating
Cons: WiFi didn't work, Very little seating, Pricey
hollyfrench
hollyfrench

Not just dessert!

Posted on 07 / 16 / 2014

The baked goods here are phenomenal, but there's an entire sandwich/wrap/salad menu that includes breakfast items and daily specials. Really great drip coffee and fresh-made juices too. There's normally a Sunday brunch special as well, often biscuits and gravy or pancakes. Oh, and Sunday brunch apple fritters! I've never had anything here that wasn't amazing, and everything on the menu is vegan.

Ceili1966
Ceili1966

Loved the breakfast burrito

Posted on 02 / 28 / 2014

Surprised they open so late for breakfast but it was worth it.

GigglingPixie
GigglingPixie

Yummy vegan baked goods!

Posted on 10 / 15 / 2013

While vacationing in Nashville we ate here for breakfast...the vegan baked goods were yummy! Clean restaurant...got 100% on their health inspection!

Pros: nice baked goods selection, fair prices, friendly staff
Raesock
Raesock

Incredible cake!

Posted on 10 / 14 / 2013

We tried this place after hearing about it from a vegan friend. I had the grasshopper cake and was blown away by how good it was! Their raw cheesecake is amazing too! I can't wait to come back and try the lunch! The guy working behind the counter was really nice too.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday September 11, 2013
We have been back multiple times now for their breakfast. It is SO GOOD! I always get the vegan bacon egg and cheese biscuit. I have no idea what the "egg" is, but I love it! Last time we went we had to get the spelt biscuits because they were out of the regular. They were ok, but the other biscuits are better. We've been going to a lot of weddings lately, and we like to stop by Kahn's on the way so we can have something fun while everyone is eating their non vegan wedding cake! My favorite right now is the jumbo chocolate coconut cupcake!
The only con is it can take a while to get your order, because it is a tiny place and there are always quite a few people there. If we are in a hurry we just call when we're leaving the house, and then our food is ready when we arrive.

Pros: amazing dessert, big selection, vegan breakfast
Cons: wait
vaieen
vaieen

Great Desserts

Posted on 07 / 30 / 2013

I love the peanut butter chocolate brownie. It would have to be my favorite! I haven't tried the food off on the menu but someday I will!

Pros: Variety of desserts, Raw and GF items are available
StefanieWicks
StefanieWicks

Best stop on my trip

Posted on 06 / 10 / 2013

All I can say is OMG!!!!!!!!! First of all the breakfast sandwich I got was amazing. I don't know how they do it but it really had the taste and texture of a sausage and egg sandwich. It was also a big portion. I almost couldn't eat it all but it was so good I couldn't stop. I also got some desserts and cupcakes to take home to my family. Everything was delicious. You wouldn't even be able to tell it was vegan. I will definitely be stopping back to Khans when I visit Nashville again.

msmayz
msmayz

Delicious, and Karina is SO NICE!

Posted on 02 / 01 / 2013

Khan's Desserts provides all the delicious baked goods (cakes, pies, cookies, cupcakes, donuts, whoopie pies, just to name a few) at the nearby Wild Cow restaurant. Everything is beyond fabulous -- the owner, Karina, truly has a gift, and you can tell she puts love into everything she makes. My friend recently ordered a surprise dozen cupcakes for me from Khan's Desserts and told me how sweet and easy to work with Karina is. In my dozen cupcakes, she included hazelnut, chocolate ganache, vanilla almond, and lemon (with a little vegan gummy bear on top!). The hazelnut cupcakes were -- no joke -- the BEST cupcakes I have ever eaten in my entire life. Karina's baked goods would satisfy even the most discerning omnivore.

At Wild Cow, I've had Khan's carrot cake, chocolate cake, chocolate chip cookies, donuts, so many flavors of cupcake -- well, nearly everything. It has all been fantastic, with not a single disappointment. Also, my partner ordered a pumpkin cake this past fall, and not only was it beautiful and adorable (with tiny orange icing pumpkins on top of each slice!), but it was melt-in-your-mouth good.

We love Khan's Desserts!

Pros: Delicious!
linabuch
linabuch

amazing dessert

Posted on 06 / 27 / 2012

These desserts are so delicious...even better than the original. I just wish they had a regular bakery to sell everything!! Now I only get them at The Wild Cow restaurant in Nashville.

Dear Owner and Manager of Khan's Desserts: