Vegan restaurant and bakery offering wraps, biscuits, panini sandwiches as well as as selection of baked goods, including gluten free. Has fresh juices, vegan soft serve, sundaes, and floats. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Bakery, American, Juice bar, Take-out, Catering
Now Open

Mon 10:00am-5:00pm, Tue-Thu 10:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 10:00am-10:00pm, Sun 10:00am-3:00pm

First Review by linabuch
NML
NML

Another Vegan Option in Nashville

Posted on 07 / 11 / 2015

This is a busy little cafe in a strip mall within walking distance of Wild Cow. Nice selection of gluten-free and vegan meal and dessert options. Very limited seating and quite a wait for our food. My salad was fine (very nice presentation, and my boyfriend said his sandwich was pretty good. The service was lukewarm, but I will definitely go back if I am in the area as it seemed like they were in the midst of an unexpected mid day rush for some reason.

Pros: Good gluten-free and vegan selection, Healthy choices
Cons: Not the best customer service, Limited seating
T2Veggie
T2Veggie

We will be back with friends.

Posted on 07 / 01 / 2015

We had thought this was only desserts so we had eaten lunch elsewhere. It was difficult to choose just one cupcake and I think I had the best gummy bear ever. I've no regrets on eating the whole cupcake and getting one for later...that good. Good variety, clean quaint setting and plenty of parking. Femalt employee was nice but not real quick at being able to explain their frequent customer program.

Pros: desserts are all vegan, parking
Cons: small venue
bellaisab
bellaisab

Delicious

Posted on 05 / 21 / 2015

I was very happy with my visit here. Came in from out of town and not only enjoyed the bakery part of this shop but my main meal as well. I got a delicious wrap with chipotle sweet potatoes and Tempe bacon. And for dessert a mint icing topped brownie. Also great. I do not need to eat gluten free however this shop had my mouth salivating at all of the gluten free baked goods offered as well as the non gluten free. I also appreciated how well everything was explained on the menu. I will go here next visit to Nashville.

Pros: Price, Taste

mikeybutt
mikeybutt

YUM

Posted on 05 / 16 / 2015

we had the Mobster sandwich and the Bravo Avocado wrap. both excellent. we are just passing through Nashville on our way back to nyc but would definitely be eating here everyday I could if I lived in Nashville.

Raesock
Raesock

Incredible cake!

Posted on 05 / 04 / 2015

We tried this place after hearing about it from a vegan friend. I had the grasshopper cake and was blown away by how good it was! Their raw cheesecake is amazing too! I can't wait to come back and try the lunch! The guy working behind the counter was really nice too.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday September 11, 2013
We have been back multiple times now for their breakfast. It is SO GOOD! I always get the vegan bacon egg and cheese biscuit. I have no idea what the "egg" is, but I love it! Last time we went we had to get the spelt biscuits because they were out of the regular. They were ok, but the other biscuits are better. We've been going to a lot of weddings lately, and we like to stop by Kahn's on the way so we can have something fun while everyone is eating their non vegan wedding cake! My favorite right now is the jumbo chocolate coconut cupcake!
The only con is it can take a while to get your order, because it is a tiny place and there are always quite a few people there. If we are in a hurry we just call when we're leaving the house, and then our food is ready when we arrive.
Updated from previous review on Monday October 14, 2013
I hate to do this but i'm lowering my rating of Khan's. My husband and I have been there at least once a week for a past few months and the service just keeps getting worse and worse. For example, I've stood at the counter for literally 6 minutes (i looked at my watch because it felt like forever) with no acknowledgement from the employee standing 3 feet from me. I'm not demanding, just say "i'll be with you in a few minutes" and i'm fine! There is actually one friendly girl who works there, but I haven't seen her in a while. They messed up my birthday cake (which wasn't cheap) and I didn't even get an apology, just a "Oh well I don't know where the icing is, so if you come back later we'll get the named spelled right." Again, I don't need someone to suck up to me as a customer, I just want someone to be nice and not act like they are doing me a favor by helping me. I'll probably give in and go back when I can't go without that bacon egg and cheese sandwich, and I'll hope the service has gotten better.They also recently added a soft serve machine. We went to the grand opening thing and just got a small bowl of basically room temp ice cream mix. I don't have high hopes.

Pros: amazing dessert, big selection, vegan breakfast
Cons: wait, bad service
  • Karina Khan Karina Khan

Hello,
    I'm so sorry you have had bad experiences with my restaurant. We have gotten so busy all of a sudden, that much of my staff is new, and needs more training. During the icecream party, and until recently, we have been working on the machine. It was not running as hoped, and I was not able to get repair people to fix it. I apologized to people for the temperature of the icecream, which was certainly less than ideal. We have since gotten it working better. I remember your cake that was spelled wrong recently. I was at my home and rushed back to fix it, as all the bakers had left for the day. When I got back to the restaurant, you had left a couple minutes before I got there. I would like to make it right for you, and if you have any comments in the future, please contact me at khanwalrus@yahoo.com.

MeganRoseNorris2015
MeganRoseNorris2015

My Comfort Food!!!

Posted on 02 / 01 / 2015

Oh my gosh this place is my favorite in all of Nashville to the point I will bother to drive all the way to East Nashville (20 to 25 minutes out of my way) just to pick up my breakfast/lunch/desserts to-go. So amazing! Their cashew cheeze is phenomenal and I can't get enough of the garden house wrap or their avocado/"blt" wrap! Gluten free options. Thank you khans

Rhiannon-vegan
Rhiannon-vegan

LOVE this place!

Posted on 12 / 31 / 2014

We absolutely love Khan's! It is a great place to go for brunch. Delicious food, healthy juices and and awesome VEGAN desserts (some gluten-free too!). My favourite is the fake chicken breakfast burrito with vegan mayo and avocado. My friend always gets the breakfast burrito - so hearty and yummy! Khan's has a great atmosphere too and friendly staff! Thank you for providing such wonderful vegan food

Pros: Delicious vegan food , Awesome vegan desserts , Reasonably priced
Cons: NONE
topwater
topwater

Great Pie

Posted on 11 / 17 / 2014

We ordered a vegan apple berry pie for a birthday. It was delicious and gobbled up by the non-vegans in attendance.

Great desserts.

Pros: Pie Crust, Filling, Flavor
Elizabeth Herman
Elizabeth Herman

Lavender Love Tea and a Mint Brownie

Posted on 07 / 16 / 2014

I’m sitting in a small vegan place that just recently opened in east Nashville, Tennessee, called Khan’s Desserts Bakery and Café, drinking an herbal tea blend called Lavender Love, made by local tea maker called High Garden True Herbal Teas. I also have a vegan chocolate mint brownie on my table, with green frosting and a sprinkling of chocolate chips on top.

Even though I’m nowhere near hungry enough to break into the brownie, the tea and the thought of the sweet dessert make me feel satisfied. Food can be such an immediate sensual experience, that I sense how writing about it lets me express something very concrete and close.

This tiny place seems to work well as a haven for vegans and vegetarians, and for others as well. The outdoor seating is inviting on a beautiful summer day. The WiFi doesn't work well, though, so don't expect to be on the laptop internet here. The baked goods are light and refreshing. The sandwiches in wraps and biscuits also look fine. The chili looked questionable though.

Pros: Friendly, fast service, Tea and Brownie Taste good, Outdoor seating
Cons: WiFi didn't work, Very little seating, Pricey
hollyfrench
hollyfrench

Not just dessert!

Posted on 07 / 16 / 2014

The baked goods here are phenomenal, but there's an entire sandwich/wrap/salad menu that includes breakfast items and daily specials. Really great drip coffee and fresh-made juices too. There's normally a Sunday brunch special as well, often biscuits and gravy or pancakes. Oh, and Sunday brunch apple fritters! I've never had anything here that wasn't amazing, and everything on the menu is vegan.

Ceili1966
Ceili1966

Loved the breakfast burrito

Posted on 02 / 28 / 2014

Surprised they open so late for breakfast but it was worth it.

GigglingPixie
GigglingPixie

Yummy vegan baked goods!

Posted on 10 / 15 / 2013

While vacationing in Nashville we ate here for breakfast...the vegan baked goods were yummy! Clean restaurant...got 100% on their health inspection!

Pros: nice baked goods selection, fair prices, friendly staff
vaieen
vaieen

Great Desserts

Posted on 07 / 30 / 2013

I love the peanut butter chocolate brownie. It would have to be my favorite! I haven't tried the food off on the menu but someday I will!

Pros: Variety of desserts, Raw and GF items are available
StefanieWicks
StefanieWicks

Best stop on my trip

Posted on 06 / 10 / 2013

All I can say is OMG!!!!!!!!! First of all the breakfast sandwich I got was amazing. I don't know how they do it but it really had the taste and texture of a sausage and egg sandwich. It was also a big portion. I almost couldn't eat it all but it was so good I couldn't stop. I also got some desserts and cupcakes to take home to my family. Everything was delicious. You wouldn't even be able to tell it was vegan. I will definitely be stopping back to Khans when I visit Nashville again.

msmayz
msmayz

Delicious, and Karina is SO NICE!

Posted on 02 / 01 / 2013

Khan's Desserts provides all the delicious baked goods (cakes, pies, cookies, cupcakes, donuts, whoopie pies, just to name a few) at the nearby Wild Cow restaurant. Everything is beyond fabulous -- the owner, Karina, truly has a gift, and you can tell she puts love into everything she makes. My friend recently ordered a surprise dozen cupcakes for me from Khan's Desserts and told me how sweet and easy to work with Karina is. In my dozen cupcakes, she included hazelnut, chocolate ganache, vanilla almond, and lemon (with a little vegan gummy bear on top!). The hazelnut cupcakes were -- no joke -- the BEST cupcakes I have ever eaten in my entire life. Karina's baked goods would satisfy even the most discerning omnivore.

At Wild Cow, I've had Khan's carrot cake, chocolate cake, chocolate chip cookies, donuts, so many flavors of cupcake -- well, nearly everything. It has all been fantastic, with not a single disappointment. Also, my partner ordered a pumpkin cake this past fall, and not only was it beautiful and adorable (with tiny orange icing pumpkins on top of each slice!), but it was melt-in-your-mouth good.

We love Khan's Desserts!

Pros: Delicious!
linabuch
linabuch

amazing dessert

Posted on 06 / 27 / 2012

These desserts are so delicious...even better than the original. I just wish they had a regular bakery to sell everything!! Now I only get them at The Wild Cow restaurant in Nashville.

Dear Owner and Manager of Khan's Desserts: